Seraphim T3 submarine

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Re: Seraphim T3 submarine

Postby JaggedAppliance » 19 Aug 2016, 23:58

I'm not sure how weak or strong t3 subs are tbh (maybe a bit on the weak side imo) but there's no reason to make them in the situation nexus found himself in, he should just stay on t2 navy. Making subs vs cybran destros is just a bad idea, the torp defence is epic. He also never got enough subs together so the torp defence was too good and stopped almost all damage.
"and remember, u are a noob, u don’t have any rights to disagree" - Destructor

My Youtube channel with casts > https://www.youtube.com/c/jaggedappliance
My Twitch > https://www.twitch.tv/jaggedappliance
JaggedAppliance
Councillor - Balance

Has liked: 734 times
Been liked: 313 times
FAF User Name: JaggedAppliance

Postby keyser » 20 Aug 2016, 00:07

JaggedAppliance wrote:I'm not sure how weak or strong t3 subs are tbh (maybe a bit on the weak side imo) but there's no reason to make them in the situation nexus found himself in, he should just stay on t2 navy. Making subs vs cybran destros is just a bad idea, the torp defence is epic. He also never got enough subs together so the torp defence was too good and stopped almost all damage.

well having them getting snipe by torpedo bomber help also reducing the critical number of subs, as i said at the very beginning
Zockyzock:
VoR is the clan of upcoming top players now
keyser
Councillor - Game

Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 540 times
FAF User Name: keyser

Postby Iszh » 20 Aug 2016, 08:15

My advice would have been more to start hover and t1 frigate spam in combination with getting battleships. Since cybran cant counter the small unit spam really good with their guns. Cybran simply have the best torpedo defense in their t2 ships. You could attack any factions t2 navy with t3 subs but not cybran. You lose to much dps. Against aeon you simply need to stay out of range because you know they do a lot of under water pain. It was no joke to learn final game stages of navy play seton. You can learn it there. I noticed that in 1v1 and teamgames it does not matter, the different game stages are all the same. Just reached in different times. Somebody could do his doctoral research study about faf and describe the different phases of game. That helps to understand why and when to do ras and when to do the t3 navy and how it looks like, and so on.

X --- Opening stage spreading engis 1-2min estimating size and distance of reclaim which is deciding how fast you can grow your early base

Then depending on water map or land map
X --- short early bomber and lab time hunting first engis, very critical phase ----> naval getting t1 air spam up and getting ready for drops on important mass spots early air battle tricky targets is to scout and kill enemy transports.
and so on ...
Last land t3 stage is when every not uef player got t2 arti vs fatboy attack and heavy shielded bases.
X --- This leads to nearly no abilities to attack and game jumping to the pure t3 arti and nuke phase which is the second last step in the game. If you go on exp spam that can either end up in mass donation or a lucky go which cant be stopped.

X --- Last step getting up anti air wall with sam templates or simply rows sending your exp to protect the border and building with the whole team super exp units 200k+ mass

All this is depending on the faction of course how they have to play their stages in the game. So that means 4 factions naval and land resulting in 8 rows of different game stages with a few tactics you can move to an earlier game stage. They are called "rush for something" or "cheese".

Maybe we should create something like this all together :)
Iszh
Evaluator

Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 126 times
FAF User Name: Iszh

Postby Um ZiniZini » 20 Aug 2016, 13:50

My take on this submarine is the following:

* It doesn't look cool
* It costs too much, mass to mass ratio's vs atlantis, coopers, barracudas, aeon destroyers etc. etc. it competes badly

These 2 points is my only problem with them, they look crap and are a bit too expensive for what they're able of
Um ZiniZini

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 5 times
FAF User Name: UmZiniZini

Postby Mel_Gibson » 20 Aug 2016, 15:16

Um ZiniZini wrote:* It costs too much, mass to mass ratio's vs atlantis, coopers, barracudas, aeon destroyers etc. etc. it competes badly

You're the guy that started the torrent thread right? I like your work.
Mel_Gibson

Has liked: 694 times
Been liked: 186 times

Postby Lieutenant Lich » 27 Aug 2016, 03:27

When I play phantom, I choose seraphim for their excellent (as for me) navy. Subhunter spam can beat the shit out of a HARMS line quite easily. However, I would like them to have a buff: +500HP and better torp defense. Ah yes, atlantis needs to be able to go deeper so it cannot be ground fired.
Don't complain about that which you aren't willing to change.

My mod:
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=12864
Lieutenant Lich
Evaluator

Has liked: 992 times
Been liked: 818 times

Postby Mel_Gibson » 27 Aug 2016, 20:45

Wasn't one of the conditions of that 1v1 that Viba has to approve all of your balance posts?
Mel_Gibson

Has liked: 694 times
Been liked: 186 times

Postby Lieutenant Lich » 28 Aug 2016, 00:08

No, Swol, it was not.
Don't complain about that which you aren't willing to change.

My mod:
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=12864
Lieutenant Lich
Evaluator

Has liked: 992 times
Been liked: 818 times

Previous

Return to Balance Discussion