does anyone care about air staging?

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

does anyone care about air staging?

Postby yodabomb » 14 Jan 2016, 03:47

Just curious. I noticed after watching hundreds of youtube replays that nobody ever uses these buildings.
yodabomb
Crusader

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times
FAF User Name: yodabomb

Re: does anyone care about air staging?

Postby speed2 » 14 Jan 2016, 04:03

I use them
speed2
Contributor

Has liked: 636 times
Been liked: 1119 times
FAF User Name: speed2

Postby yodabomb » 14 Jan 2016, 05:25

Ok - but are they usable? balanced? useless?

I'd really like to know. I wonder what the original creators of the game thought when they made supcom and put the effort into "air staging" - what did they envision the purpose of the building for?
yodabomb
Crusader

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times
FAF User Name: yodabomb

Postby Reaper Zwei » 14 Jan 2016, 05:33

yodabomb wrote:Ok - but are they usable? balanced? useless?

I'd really like to know. I wonder what the original creators of the game thought when they made supcom and put the effort into "air staging" - what did they envision the purpose of the building for?

refueling and repairing air for cheap
Reaper Zwei
Priest

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 18 times
FAF User Name: Reaper_Zwei

Postby Rudolph'sRedNose » 14 Jan 2016, 08:18

This is perhaps more of a case of retarded players than a retarded mechanic. Content with their ASF win most players i see are happy to leave 100 ASF on 1/3rd health and then be surprised when they lose the next engagement with more ASF. You can pretty run repair off a t1 mex and a few t1 pgens and air staging cost less than a t1 pd. Granted the ability to only repair one at a time slows repair down a lot and may make most think it's a waste of time. Aircraft carriers are awesome for air staging but still almost never used when available (can be gifted by allies). Maybe T2 air staging time efficiency can be improved? Maybe they just aren't cool? It's not meta and, of course, real men don't need healing.
Rudolph'sRedNose

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 11 times

Postby keyser » 14 Jan 2016, 13:24

In most game (talking 1v1) it will be usefull, but not enough to bother building them i think.
but for exemple if you try a full air on roanoke (zlo style) then building 3-4 air stagging is really important. You gonna want to keep your gunship alive (especially T3 one) and it is really efficient for that purpose.
thing is also that if you are stalling, the repair nearly completelly stop.. maybe set up priority to air stagging, since it doesn't cost a lot is a good improvement.
Zockyzock:
VoR is the clan of upcoming top players now
keyser
Councillor - Game

Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 540 times
FAF User Name: keyser

Postby speed2 » 14 Jan 2016, 14:56

For now people are just lazy to build them, but they are really good.
speed2
Contributor

Has liked: 636 times
Been liked: 1119 times
FAF User Name: speed2

Postby Sovietpride » 14 Jan 2016, 15:35

I use them.
They're really good and efficient.

But it would be useful if the system prioritised injured units. Right now it seems random whether a 100% or 1% health unit gets the slot.
Sovietpride

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 109 times
FAF User Name: Sovietpride

Postby Iszh » 14 Jan 2016, 15:48

I would like to see a t1 air staging facility. Since there are t1 planes with low fuel but nopossibility to refuel them on t1.

Either introduce a small air staging platform only for t1 planes for 50 mass and 1 plane.

Or simply add the t2 air staging facility to t1 which would also not really harm the game. I tell you if air staging is t1 it would be reasonable and people would use it times more often. The mass cost of 175 is so low thats very unsual for a t2 unit it already sounds more like a t1. I cannto imagine it will break balance anyhow, just makes it more easy to get them.
Iszh
Evaluator

Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 126 times
FAF User Name: Iszh

Postby Ithilis_Quo » 14 Jan 2016, 18:04

Iszh wrote: simply add the t2 air staging facility to t1 which would also not really harm the game. I tell you if air staging is t1 it would be reasonable and people would use it times more often. The mass cost of 175 is so low thats very unsual for a t2 unit it already sounds more like a t1. I cannto imagine it will break balance anyhow, just makes it more easy to get them.

======> equilibrium ;)
"Fixed in Equilibrium" Washy
Ithilis_Quo
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 395 times
Been liked: 181 times
FAF User Name: Ithilis

Next

Return to Balance Discussion