T2 Bomber Missing targets

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

T2 Bomber Missing targets

Postby Iszh » 01 Dec 2015, 20:41

Hi i think i found the solution why Janus is missing so often. I made a seperate thread for this since it is only about the missing issue and not about any other balance change. I made several tests with different speed bomb drop forseeing value and other stuff. On canis 5v5 there is a place (i found it unlucky in a game :D ) where you can reproduce missing and not dropping bombers 100%. I noticed Janus has a hell slow elevation speed this is why this plane is moving weird sometimes. I increased elevation speed and the plane was starting from ground much faster and also changed heights much better. At the place where i can reproduce missing 100% it hit after i increased elevation. Then i compared it to other planes and taadaaaa:

Notha LiftFactor = 15, # 7
Janus LiftFactor = 7,

Somebody changed Notha already with higher lift factor and then i remembered there is another unit like this:

Scorcher LiftFactor = 10, # 7

Here as well somebody increased lift factor that the uef t1 bomber will hit better. Why Janus didnt get increased lift factor for fixing its ground targeting? I was always wondering why this plane acts like a 80 year old person in airfight when hills are under. The reason is that this plane is stuck in slow elevating.

(I ve taken my mod which wasnt used anyways Iszh air improvement V3 und removed everything from it, i added 100% only 1 change Janus lift factor from 7 -> 15 for testing if it can hit better now. Please Test if it is solving the problem and if it creates other problems, idk maybe there was a reason why people didnt change it.)

Ok made several tests more and on the weekend i will go on testing it is not fixing it but imrpoving slightly. I found out while testing more that stopping helps. The bombers hit 100% middle of target with higher lift factor in the second turn. I stopped the planes shortly before radar range and then attacked again and all my 5-6 tests have shown 100% middle hits. I will do more research on this. Somehow it seems to be connected to the speeding up process of this plane. To hit you need to stop it or at least slow down before the target. Either fly a 90° corner or press stop several times and then attack when the target is in radar range of the plane.
Iszh
Evaluator

Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 126 times
FAF User Name: Iszh

Re: T2 Bomber Missing targets

Postby Ithilis_Quo » 05 Dec 2015, 14:29

i open it for test, but you have wrong number:

notha lift factor: 15
Janus lift factor: 10
corsair lift factor: 5

also here is:
PredictAheadForBombDrop = 4, -> janus
PredictAheadForBombDrop = 3, -> notha
PredictAheadForBombDrop = 3, -> T1bombers ->> but less speed 10sp vs 15sp=> more accurate

and on weapon:
FiringTolerance = 6, -> that should be bigger
"Fixed in Equilibrium" Washy
Ithilis_Quo
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 395 times
Been liked: 181 times
FAF User Name: Ithilis

Return to Balance Discussion