TMD on ships - Necessary or relic from Vanilla?

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Re: TMD on ships - Necessary or relic from Vanilla?

Postby snuffles » 30 Jan 2016, 17:02

Speaking of a relic from Vanilla that's not here anymore - Aeon Strat Bomber TMD Flares lol
Play the Beta.
snuffles

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 15 times
FAF User Name: Manta-Avoid

Postby MrSprengmeister » 30 Jan 2016, 20:17

There are Ship´s with MML and so there are Ship´s with TMD. --> Logical and necessary.

In gerneral most Vanilla relics are good because Chris Taylore invented them. :D
MrSprengmeister

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 16 times
FAF User Name: MrSprengmeister

Postby Tylosaur » 11 Feb 2016, 22:28

I will throw in my two cents to say that the battleship tmd was very useful to my enemy in a recent game where I went Billy nuke. It made for an interesting mini game of timing the Billy to my cruisers middle barrages in order to distract the tmd.
Tylosaur

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 4 times
FAF User Name: Tylosaur

Postby Saxxon » 28 Feb 2016, 07:47

As you can't reliably control the pathing of numerous ships it is often essential that they be stationary to attack targets properly (Summit has to get broadside to target for instance). When the ships are stationary multiple cruisers easily defeat the TMD of the ships to hit the target. The missiles are dumbfire, they don't track. I've had opponents move their ships constantly to avoid that, but that can be made to work against them as their fire effectiveness is reduced in motion (won't all target same ship).

The current balance on this is fine as I see it.

Someone mentioned the idea of putting a T2 engy on a destroyer. Funny you should mention that, I had that idea a while ago, was trying to implement it on the Shield Boat (since it doesn't repair itself, can't rank I was looking to add drones), but I was unable to make a working mod on it. The author of BrewLAN made a working version of what I was looking to do, as a T3 repair/support ship (called Patch) currently UEF only in his mod (downloadable on github). Having a repair ship is a needed feature, it fits with real naval force logistics and then you have something that can move with your ships, instead of engineers that are too slow.
Saxxon

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times
FAF User Name: Saxxon

Previous

Return to Balance Discussion