Nerf Acceleration on Water of Hover instead of Max Speed

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Re: Nerf Acceleration on Water of Hover instead of Max Speed

Postby Resin_Smoker » 18 Nov 2015, 08:49

briang wrote:Nerfing the speed is the simple and most effective way to reduce T2 hover's efficiency against navy while not compromising its effectiveness on land as a niche raiding unit. The speed is much more the issue on the water than their DPS. If they are allowed to get into range with the reduced speed they need to be effective; if we revert to their previous speed value and add an RNG component unto their firing they may get into range but their effectiveness is compromised on sea and land. I still believe the current changes are exactly what is needed.

In the real world, hovercraft and amphibious tanks are not used in any anti-naval capacity. :D

That's because they were never setup to attack ships... Modern missiles would spread a hover-tank before it came into range. Maybe setting up Naval to reflect real world capabilities / limitations would be more effective here?
Resin_Smoker
Evaluator

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 106 times

Postby briang » 18 Nov 2015, 17:07

This isn't Wargame... if we were making navy realistic the ships would have on deck gun and a vertical launch system and battleships wouldn't be in the game, torpedo bombers would be gone as well and submarines would need a huge overhaul. Do you have any idea how hovercraft are used? The only country that uses them is the U.S. They are transports from LCDs to land. They aren't used in an anti ship role because actual ships are used for that because it is more effecient.

We are talking about hover in the context of Supreme Commander. Frankly I have no idea why you even mentioned real life hovercraft. If you want to make some realistic naval mod be my guest, but in the context of Supcom the speed nerf is key and no other sort of change will have the proper effect. If I was going to make a realistic naval mod hover would be removed and be replaced with a landing craft that would be able to be built only on whatever I can up with for an LCD/LHD type ship.
Ninrai 2015- briang is usually an aggressive d****e
briang
Spammer

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 65 times
FAF User Name: YouLikeThat

Postby Resin_Smoker » 18 Nov 2015, 19:00

briang wrote:This isn't Wargame... if we were making navy realistic the ships would have on deck gun and a vertical launch system and battleships wouldn't be in the game, torpedo bombers would be gone as well and submarines would need a huge overhaul. Do you have any idea how hovercraft are used? The only country that uses them is the U.S. They are transports from LCDs to land. They aren't used in an anti ship role because actual ships are used for that because it is more effecient.

We are talking about hover in the context of Supreme Commander. Frankly I have no idea why you even mentioned real life hovercraft. If you want to make some realistic naval mod be my guest, but in the context of Supcom the speed nerf is key and no other sort of change will have the proper effect. If I was going to make a realistic naval mod hover would be removed and be replaced with a landing craft that would be able to be built only on whatever I can up with for an LCD/LHD type ship.

Impress us and do it.
Resin_Smoker
Evaluator

Postby briang » 18 Nov 2015, 20:49

Dude what are you talking about? I'm merely saying that the hover change is good and is here to stay...
briang
Spammer

Postby Resin_Smoker » 18 Nov 2015, 22:25

briang wrote:Dude what are you talking about? I'm merely saying that the hover change is good and is here to stay...

Make the mod... "If" you can.
Resin_Smoker
Evaluator

Postby yeager » 18 Nov 2015, 22:51

hover is fine, maybe they are a little to slow on water (just barely) but overall they are fine
yeager
Evaluator

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 32 times
FAF User Name: Yeager

Postby keyser » 18 Nov 2015, 23:12

you completelly missed the meaning of briang post which is kind of funny. Even more by the way you are replying to him.
Zockyzock:
VoR is the clan of upcoming top players now
keyser
Councillor - Game

Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 540 times
FAF User Name: keyser

Postby briang » 19 Nov 2015, 02:36

Resin_Smoker wrote:
briang wrote:Dude what are you talking about? I'm merely saying that the hover change is good and is here to stay...

Never did I say I intended to make a mod. I really don't know why you are so fixated on that. I was just using that as a means to convey to you that hovercraft in real life serve no anti-ship role. Therefor, it is illogical to make a comparison between this game and real life, just as it is for any other unit honestly.
briang
Spammer

Previous

Return to Balance Discussion