Drones... droning on and on and on

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Re: Drones... droning on and on and on

Postby Iszh » 15 Nov 2015, 16:24

So i should consider them to be another uef decoration for watching and better not using in one row with -> Titan, Janus, Acu Nano, Atlantis, Scu Jamming and Mongoose ?

Ok Atlantis and Mongoose are not the most problematic things in this world.
Iszh
Evaluator

Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 126 times
FAF User Name: Iszh

Postby Zock » 15 Nov 2015, 17:34

speed2 wrote:Sparky:
  • jamming
  • radar
  • can build defenses
  • cant be killed by air
  • gives mass/energy storage
  • has gun
  • many HP
  • is cool
Drones:
  • can be killed by air
  • no jamming
  • no radar
  • no nothing
  • no storage
  • no gun
  • almost no HP
  • can't build anything
  • are not cool at all

And now tell me why would you build drones when you have Sparky available? :D

• P
  • A
  • T
  • H
  • F
  • I
  • N
  • D
  • I
  • N
  • G
gg no re

ohh! what a pretty shining link! https://www.youtube.com/c/Zockyzock
Zock
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 173 times
Been liked: 397 times
FAF User Name: Zock

Postby speed2 » 15 Nov 2015, 17:40

Zock wrote:
speed2 wrote:Sparky:
  • jamming
  • radar
  • can build defenses
  • cant be killed by air
  • gives mass/energy storage
  • has gun
  • many HP
  • is cool
Drones:
  • can be killed by air
  • no jamming
  • no radar
  • no nothing
  • no storage
  • no gun
  • almost no HP
  • can't build anything
  • are not cool at all

And now tell me why would you build drones when you have Sparky available? :D

• P
  • A
  • T
  • H
  • F
  • I
  • N
  • D
  • I
  • N
  • G

Is not an issue when your base isnt full of T1 engies
speed2
Contributor

Has liked: 636 times
Been liked: 1119 times
FAF User Name: speed2

Postby IceDreamer » 15 Nov 2015, 18:12

Zock wrote:
  • P
  • A
  • T
  • H
  • F
  • I
  • N
  • D
  • I
  • N
  • G

#Rekt

Seriously though, this IS why.

Zock wrote:Maybe there are other ideas without this downsides?

Note that this is only for ASF, inties not being able to shoot drones is a newer issue and will be hopefully fixed in the upcoming patch.

Yes, there is, but it's not popular. The only reason this is a problem is because ASFs have stupidly, retardedly, ridiculously high DPS. Seriously, look it up, it's off the fucking scale. The true solution to this is to do what SupCom 1 had, but not as extreme: Nuke the HP on ALL Air units, and the DPS on ALL AA weaponry to match.

Drones VS Inties is now fixed in develop.
IceDreamer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 488 times

Postby d-_-b » 15 Nov 2015, 20:18

Wrt. Pathfinding.

Given the Sparky's great speed, and turnspeed, if you have enough of them in your base to cause pathfinding issues, you have more buildpower than u know what to do with.

WHY are T3 engies so disgustingly slow to move and turn? :|
d-_-b

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 20 times
FAF User Name: d-_-b

Postby TheKoopa » 15 Nov 2015, 20:56

then when inties/asf land and you forget about them a snoop can rape them in literally 2 seconds
Feather: I am usually pretty good in judging people's abilities, intelligence and motives

Evildrew: Just because I didnt choose you for my team last year doesnt give you the right to be all bitchy and negative about my proposal
TheKoopa
Contributor

Has liked: 172 times
Been liked: 225 times
FAF User Name: Gently-

Postby BRNKoINSANITY » 15 Nov 2015, 21:04

So the real question here is if we are going to get a hotfix for the inti vs drone problem in the normal game mode? I had a game last night where someone flew a shoulder drone across a FORTY FREAKING KM map and destroyed an entire expansion before I could do anything about it because I didn't have a factory down yet and he reclaimed my engy. I had plenty of interceptors, but I am pretty much left with either airlifting mobile AA into the area and chasing the damn drone around or lifting a whole load of engineers in and building AA.

This is quite frankly stupid.
BRNKoINSANITY
Evaluator

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 207 times
FAF User Name: BRNKoINSANITY

Postby IceDreamer » 15 Nov 2015, 21:33

TheKoopa wrote:then when inties/asf land and you forget about them a snoop can rape them in literally 2 seconds

I did specify not as extreme you know.
IceDreamer
Supreme Commander

Postby IceDreamer » 15 Nov 2015, 21:35

BRNKoINSANITY wrote:So the real question here is if we are going to get a hotfix for the inti vs drone problem in the normal game mode? I had a game last night where someone flew a shoulder drone across a FORTY FREAKING KM map and destroyed an entire expansion before I could do anything about it because I didn't have a factory down yet and he reclaimed my engy. I had plenty of interceptors, but I am pretty much left with either airlifting mobile AA into the area and chasing the damn drone around or lifting a whole load of engineers in and building AA.

This is quite frankly stupid.

Go complain at sheeo. He's been concentrating on the client to be fair, but the fix for that can be merged and shipped to beta in about 3 minutes by someone with powers. We won't be hotfixing it into the normal game because the 3652 final release is fairly close at this point.
IceDreamer
Supreme Commander

Postby Iszh » 16 Nov 2015, 09:00

We have 3 completely different kind of drones:

1. Acu drone 1 - early game rush for mass --- tech 1 buildings
2. Acu drone 2 - Useless upgrade --- tech 1 buildings
3. Station drone - mid to late game --- no tech
4. Scu drone - late game --- tech 3 buildings

While we are about to fix them can we think what to do with the second drone upgrade on acu? Would be nice if this thing can be a bit more useful. A double upgrade is mostly for late game. Aeon and sera have 40 built power t3 engis and uef and cybran only 30 which is quite op in my opinion. Would be nice if you would make the second drone late game useful. The acu t3 has 126 built power the first drone has 5 built power. What about to add the second drone like a t2 engi station 500 mass and 25 built power? What would be even better is if you upgrade second drone it costs 1000 mass so you paid 1120 mass and get 2 engi station drones.

1.) Second drone upgrade costs 500 mass and adds the second drone with 25 built power for 500 mass like a t2 engi station just from begin
2.) Second drone upgrade costs 1000 mass and replaces the first drone and adds the second drone as t2 engi station drones

Just an idea ... i doubt it would be op since uef has anyways engi stations. But might be at least an option. And the advantage would be lower built time compared to engi stations and no space needed to built. I like version 2.) more you can built a upgraded uef engi station with 2 drones each 25 built power on acu with the advantage to have it in much less built time. Not sure if it would be a good idea to leave the t1 tech in those drones, i doubt it would harm anybody.

The fix that asf cant shoot them is unfortunately needed since any kind of drone would be suicide in late game vs asf that sucks. But i think if inties are able to shoot them and ground->aa weapons thats enough. For rushing mass in begin if enemy has no t1 plane thats a nice option for uef which has no other faction it is not op at least never noticed it while watching replays of chosen for example he used it very often.
Iszh
Evaluator

Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 126 times
FAF User Name: Iszh

PreviousNext

Return to Balance Discussion