T2 ACU upgrade

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

T2 ACU upgrade

Postby Ithilis_Quo » 13 Nov 2015, 12:21

after reding you posts, and re-reading what i write i consider that at all it was bad idea.

[Gorton] : Locked
Last edited by Ithilis_Quo on 13 Nov 2015, 14:36, edited 1 time in total.
"Fixed in Equilibrium" Washy
Ithilis_Quo
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 395 times
Been liked: 181 times
FAF User Name: Ithilis

Re: T2 ACU upgrade

Postby RoLa » 13 Nov 2015, 12:29

If you really want it as defensive choice add one more thing to your suggestion.

Double build rate near t2 hq, triple near t3 hq.
RoLa
Contributor

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 19 times
FAF User Name: RoLa

Postby keyser » 13 Nov 2015, 12:33

test made with bias. Not using the range advantage of gun com, which is way more important than the double dps. Resulting in no attempt of kitting micro.
Therefore, whole theory is non-admissible.
Zockyzock:
VoR is the clan of upcoming top players now
keyser
Councillor - Game

Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 540 times
FAF User Name: keyser

Postby Ithilis_Quo » 13 Nov 2015, 12:54

RoLa wrote:If you really want it as defensive choice add one more thing to your suggestion.
Double build rate near t2 hq, triple near t3 hq.

it is what it do T2hq have 40br. T2 acu 42br so when its near it have more as double br of T2HQ. And when have T3 acu then its 1,5x more br on T3HQ.

Or course that its whiteout using range what is main advantage, what i would profe when one acu will recieve dmg and other will be out of range? But once you are on range you must run out because pd kill you and when dont kill or run fast enought its no way back. Then its risk win or lose and game end on that moment, mostly its go out of buildable pd creep because people want to play and not w8 in lobby for another game...

What is this proving is that: when is gun acu vs T2 acu and t2 acu have reasource for build, then on close range its win, on long range it depend, but still its more likely to win.
T2 acu with reasource should win against gun acu, when have time to build defense, and not when build defence for attack.

This hp boost move support upgrade to fight upgrade and that degrade choice between gun or t2. I would rather have upgrade that is more choice on different strategy as have upgrade that is must to be for both when chose agresive strategy.
Attachments
4074051-Ithilis_Quo.fafreplay
another one with use range advantage of gun
(6.9 KiB) Downloaded 71 times
Ithilis_Quo
Supreme Commander

Postby Apofenas » 13 Nov 2015, 13:25

There is no problems with t2 ACU upgrade. There is problem with alternatives. There are 2 factions that have this problem - UEF and seraphim. In both cases alternative is an extremely situational upgrade for later stages which simply doesn't compite with t2. You don't get t2 upgrade with aeon or cybran if you plan to use ACU as main offencive weapon, do you? Leave t2 alone and fix the core problem - UEF nano and seraphim 2d gun.
BalanceVictim wrote:I tried it out, and yes, the anti-torpedo is a useful tool now. Sadly, the rest of the unit is still extremely weak compared to any other frig
Apofenas
Contributor

Has liked: 179 times
Been liked: 180 times
FAF User Name: Apofenas

Postby IceDreamer » 13 Nov 2015, 13:32

Like nope. Guncom >>>>> T2. Range is utterly, ridiculously strong, not to mention survivability vs armies is way, WAY higher with guncom than T2. The two upgrades are fair and there's no need to change either.

Apofenas wrote:There is no problems with t2 ACU upgrade. There is problem with alternatives. There are 2 factions that have this problem - UEF and seraphim. In both cases alternative is an extremely situational upgrade for later stages which simply doesn't compite with t2. You don't get t2 upgrade with aeon or cybran if you plan to use ACU as main offencive weapon, do you? Leave t2 alone and fix the core problem - UEF nano and seraphim 2d gun.

Basically this. Ithilis needs to take a look at actual gameplay and see the thing that's right in front of his eyes: Guncom is both VERY popular, and VERY much more powerful than T2. T2 com loses to guncom in just about every single engagement I've ever seen, because reality not sandbox.

Seraphim second gun is really, really strong. The trouble is that it loses the ACU the bulk needed to actually use it. I suppose it's meant to be used with Advanced Nano for bulk, but then you're looking at two very expensive upgrades. I think that second gun needs to have a cost reduction OR needs to add a bit of HP of its own, equal to T3's bulk probably, because T3 buildpower is arguably a combat ability given the power of T1 PD.
IceDreamer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 488 times

Postby Apofenas » 13 Nov 2015, 13:41

Now about the test replay. As it was mentioned, there was no usage of range and ACU mobility at all. There also wasn't anything about using full potential of gun which is called "over charge". So as there wasn't units and in particular mobile arty that kills pds in 1-2 seconds. This test shows nothing than probably a gameplay of <800 rated players.

And about basic concept you want to make - getting t2 on ACU just to build base is a dumb idea no matter how you look at it. Why? because t1 engineers are far more efficient and getting t2 on factory for t2 structures will allow you to build t2 structures in multiple areas. Yes ACU costs less mass, but more power, but it's alone and doesn't provide access to mobile units.

If i'm not mistaken there are not a lot of upgrades which turn ACU into a supporting unit - very expensive UEF bubble shield, aeon omni, aeon chrono, seraphim restoration fields how much are these really used?
BalanceVictim wrote:I tried it out, and yes, the anti-torpedo is a useful tool now. Sadly, the rest of the unit is still extremely weak compared to any other frig
Apofenas
Contributor

Has liked: 179 times
Been liked: 180 times
FAF User Name: Apofenas

Postby Ithilis_Quo » 13 Nov 2015, 13:45

Apofenas wrote:There is no problems with t2 ACU upgrade. There is problem with alternatives. There are 2 factions that have this problem - UEF and seraphim. In both cases alternative is an extremely situational upgrade for later stages which simply doesn't compite with t2. You don't get t2 upgrade with aeon or cybran if you plan to use ACU as main offencive weapon, do you? Leave t2 alone and fix the core problem - UEF nano and seraphim 2d gun.

hmm you are right. I write too many junk... This post should not be about op T2 because T2 is definitly not op. Its about alternatives, and strategy options. I have feeling that T2 is potencial too good on role on with it should not be, and too weak on role on with it should be. Then it fill same role as gun and lead to PD creap witch is not good for gamepaly.
Ithilis_Quo
Supreme Commander

Re: T2 ACU upgrade -> as support upgrade

Postby Ithilis_Quo » 13 Nov 2015, 13:58

Apofenas wrote:If i'm not mistaken there are not a lot of upgrades which turn ACU into a supporting unit - very expensive UEF bubble shield, aeon omni, aeon chrono, seraphim restoration fields how much are these really used?

+ uef drones

The proto idea was change enginering upgrade on ACU into supporting unit. On this field exist problem, because most of them are ussles, or are very bad alternatives to oposite upgrade.
Last edited by Ithilis_Quo on 13 Nov 2015, 14:00, edited 1 time in total.
Ithilis_Quo
Supreme Commander

Postby Exotic_Retard » 13 Nov 2015, 13:59

i wouldn't say that gun >>>>>>t2

you can counter early gun with t2 in a lot of cases if you manage to build 1 pd in time, you just stand in front of it so he cant oc it and then you win, as long as the pd survives. if you have the mass you need roughly 30 seconds before he arrives. if you get overrun by units and your pd dies you should know that its not because of the the magic gun upgrade but because you built fewer units.

after the first pd survives then you are pretty much safe and need to abuse pd as much as you can since you have it - push to his base as fast as possible before he can get t2 land and reclaim all of those tanks you secured when he tried to push you.

if he gets gun and doesn't push you that's ok because you can build 2 pd then walls and then just leave that place because spam cant really get there.

so really the pressure is on the gun acu to make his upg pay off, not as much on you since you can build some tml and such and make your upg pay off by making some very efficient defenses vs t1 spam, so you need less of it letting you make t2 land instead.
if he gets gun later at the t2 stage simply for ocing better units that a more useful way of using it, since t2 isn't as great later then your pd can get mmled. still t2 lets you get t3 later on com and gun doesn't if you're aeon/cyb. if you're uef/sera you can get both but that's not relevant in this case.
if you don't have the mass to build pd then t2 is also not so good since you don't have enough time to counter the initial push from a gun com.
also since you cant repair acu you need a t2 upg to get when you are low on hp, if you can repair acu its more acceptable for t2 not to give you hp.

however if you see enemy making gun in a teamgame then you can just get t2 and stop him. also add to that how hes in your territory so its much easier to snipe, get help ect ect.

what i find most interesting of all is that people claimed that t2 and gun were very balanced upgrades before engy mod where it got a buff from 30 to 42 bp.

i see pd creep as a valid strategy, and don't think it should be just removed from the game. if its too strong then t2 upg can be nerfed (buildpower would make sense), but not given some mystery buff when not in combat, since that actually helps you get that first pd to counter guncom anyway, and can be abused in lots of ways im sure.

hope this helps
Exotic_Retard
Contributor

Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 626 times
FAF User Name: Exotic_Retard

Next

Return to Balance Discussion