just acu, all others are fine
yeager
Evaluator

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 32 times
FAF User Name: Yeager

Re: Loyalist stunning acus

Postby Ithilis_Quo » 11 Nov 2015, 12:30

Noone here is talking about remove emp on exp. So dont flame for something that was not sayed
"Fixed in Equilibrium" Washy
Ithilis_Quo
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 395 times
Been liked: 181 times
FAF User Name: Ithilis

Postby rxnnxs » 11 Nov 2015, 13:14

why is the colossus immune?
it would be nice if a loyalist dies at his feets, that he is stunned.
rxnnxs
Priest

Has liked: 92 times
Been liked: 24 times
FAF User Name: rxnnxs

Postby keyser » 11 Nov 2015, 13:48

why is the colossus immune?
it would be nice if a loyalist dies at his feets, that he is stunned.

Colossus isn't immune.

Noone here is talking about remove emp on exp. So dont flame for something that was not sayed

petrick pointed out that loya is strong against T4 (which is right), i was just saying that a removing of emp against those few type of unit, would drastically nerf the use of the loya.

no need to stress ithiliss.
Zockyzock:
VoR is the clan of upcoming top players now
keyser
Councillor - Game

Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 540 times
FAF User Name: keyser

Postby Ithilis_Quo » 11 Nov 2015, 16:19

keyser wrote: i was just saying that a removing of emp against those few type of unit, would drastically nerf the use of the loya.

So when loyalist would not stun ACU you will drasticlly change your opinion abotu loyalist and use them drastriclly less?
Ithilis_Quo
Supreme Commander

Postby D4E_Omit » 11 Nov 2015, 17:54

Exactly what Ithilis said, you guys really won't stop using a unit because the EMP on death wont affect Commanders anymore, trust me. And also don't derail this thread with flaming replies about how EXP should still be stunnable, nobody ever talked about EXPs stun-ability.
Sometimes, I just feel like I want to eat pancakes.
D4E_Omit

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 21 times
FAF User Name: D4E_Omit

Postby keyser » 11 Nov 2015, 18:35

Petricpwnz wrote:
JaggedAppliance wrote:I don't think loyalists should be able to stun acus. It's already very powerful vs T4, acu stun is too much i feel.

Yeah ACU stun and exp stun are both OP as hell.

Exactly what Ithilis said, you guys really won't stop using a unit because the EMP on death wont affect Commanders anymore, trust me. And also don't derail this thread with flaming replies about how EXP should still be stunnable, nobody ever talked about EXPs stun-ability.

ithilis is just spaming shit on this topic, not even worth answering him. I was just pointed out something, stop freaking out you people... :roll:
Zockyzock:
keyser
Councillor - Game

Postby Ithilis_Quo » 11 Nov 2015, 18:54

people laught about my engish, but obviusly you have problem understant meaning of sentance....

"I don't think loyalists should be able to stun acus." -> this is what he suggest and what is this topic about.
"It's already very powerful vs T4," -> this claim that stun is very powerfull against exp and would not suffer that much when would not be also on acu
"acu stun is too much i feel." -> this say that stun on acu is jast too much, also because previous part.

you was claim that it will DRASTICLY lower loyalist usage when would not stun acu. So i was normaly asking, if you will then drasticly use them less.
I know the answer, we all know the answer, but you rather piss everyone else as say it.

So when loyalist would not stun ACU you will drasticlly change your opinion abotu loyalist and use them drastriclly less?
Ithilis_Quo
Supreme Commander

Postby keyser » 11 Nov 2015, 19:45

omfg, you really have to learn english. This is last time i'm gonna answer you, there is so much useless commentary that can be remove here... --'

I was just putting some exemple to explain my feeling about the place of loya in the game.
then since "It's already very powerful vs T4, acu stun is too much i feel" and "ACU stun and exp stun are both OP as hell", i explained that removing this feature against T4/ACU/SCU would drastically reduce the use of the unit.

I was talking about the place of stun in general. Even if title says "Loyalist stunning acus", we can't avoid to talk about all the use of emp from loyalist and to what extend a nerf may be needed.

And to your question "So when loyalist would not stun ACU you will drasticlly change your opinion about loyalist and use them drastriclly less?" I think the possibility to use emp against commander, is a good way to counter ACU assault, when cybran doesn't have lot of tool (weak T2 pd) (corsair and beetle are still possible but are unrialable) to counter them. Your opponent have to worry about the possibility of that stun when using upgraded com with a T2 push for exemple.
in other term, it's not only about the stun, it's about the fear of this possibility. a cybran com gonna have some difficulties to defend a upgraded (nano + gun +T2) sera com + ilshy army (early T3 is a weak timing for cybran). Having loya stun tool for an extra way to defend, is really important. If your opponent goes for that kind of push, and see that you have a T3 facto and some loya, he may consider adapting his strategy.
This may be only a situation, but it is still a situation that happen quite often : early T3 cybran vs com push + T2
Maybe stun on acu is too powerfull (and we shall consider some nerf) but you should consider the game as a whole, and not just post "I agree, and thx for tip, will remove it on next Equilibrium patch".
Zockyzock:
keyser
Councillor - Game

Postby Exotic_Retard » 11 Nov 2015, 20:08

you know you could have just said that instead of somewhat salty one line posts and insulting people. that's not nice and makes you look like a d***.
because what you explained here is not clear at all based on your previous posts. and i like to think i know english quite well.

personally i find this very hard to judge because using loyalist stun vs acu seen very rarely.

the reason to remove it is:
it could be annoying to play against if your acu is stunned and cant do anything, which makes loyalists a lot better vs acus in some cases than other units are.
the reason to keep it is:
the amount of strategy and mind games and bluffs and special tactics/combos and creative use of units is decreased if you remove this.

this is a pretty common situation: deeper/more fun gameplay vs cancer - often they come hand in hand with a lot of features and mechanics in this game, so you need to choose between the two here.

personally i prefer to keep it because to me the cancer is minimal atm. the situations where this is seriously annoying to the enemy are practically unseen imo, and can only be fabricated inside a sandbox.
however the clever gameplay is also not seen - both are not seen because just building loyalists like this is rare. so really i guess i don't care too much since this is just not a big part of the game atm. if loyalists start being used more in general this would be more relevant though
Exotic_Retard
Contributor

Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 626 times
FAF User Name: Exotic_Retard

PreviousNext

Return to Balance Discussion