Factional air balance

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Re: Factional air balance

Postby Ceneraii » 22 Oct 2015, 13:47

Zeldafanboy wrote:
Ceneraii wrote:I think air is currently fine, there's no blatant issues.

...uhm, ASF for starters

Ceneraii wrote:...means that Aeon is probably the best pick in late-game

In team games, sure, but their T3 land loses hard to UEF and Cybran

I don't really consider ASF a problem. Also this thread is about air, so why exactly are we talking about land? xD
Bit weird post you made there. Also, just as a fun note, harb rush still stronk.
Ceneraii

Has liked: 104 times
Been liked: 81 times
FAF User Name: Ceneraii

Postby RoLa » 22 Oct 2015, 14:54

zeroAPM wrote:To Izsh and RoLa: Please, reformat your posts and fix some small grammar issue, you're starting to sound like Ithilis.
Let's just hope this is a accident and it's not, in fact, contagious.
Sorry, but I am not a native english speaker.

Iszh was talking about a T3 tansport flying fortress. Instead of that you could just activate shields in transport for ACUs and SACUs. This would give us much more powerful drops because you could directly engage having the shield active. And the UEF could get a transport with a 52k shield for about 10k mass.

It could introduce some new issues especially in team games. E.g. T3 Transport with SACU shield + beatles.
RoLa
Contributor

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 19 times
FAF User Name: RoLa

Postby Iszh » 22 Oct 2015, 15:40

To activate the shields while in transport would be to strong. Aeon and uef could load at t2 stage mobile shields and with several transports create a nearly undestructable t2 drop. The flying fortress idea is a big change and very likely to many people are against creating a flying explike unit for uef in game. I will do a funmod for this anyways wanna see THIS in a game :D I have to take care to increase the built time a lot to remove to strong adjacency bonus.

My changelog so far:
-T3 FLying fortress transport
-t2 trasnports stealth for 500e
-t2 F/bomber more like swift wind with very low bombing abilities - For cybran only aa damage increase not physics
-t2 stat aa improvement i still think thiss is needed

And yes sorry for my english i am writing fast thinking slow and since i am not talking this language daily it might be very bad and sometimes very very bad (ithilis like :lol: ).
Iszh
Evaluator

Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 126 times
FAF User Name: Iszh

Postby RoLa » 22 Oct 2015, 16:05

Iszh wrote:To activate the shields while in transport would be to strong. Aeon and uef could load at t2 stage mobile shields and with several transports create a nearly undestructable t2 drop.
You didn't read my post. I meant only activate shields in transports for ACUs and SACUs. So basically UEF would be the only one having a bubble arround transport. Well in team games they could give bubble SACUs to teammates.

It also means that the personal shields of other factions ACUs/SACUs are immediatly active directly after landing. So dropping ACU with personal shield into enemy base would be an option. Now getting shields up after landing takes 2-3 minutes.

cost of a UEF bubble SACU:
7.600 mass (2100+2000+3500)
518.950 energy (25200+93750+400000)

50 ASF would kill the shielded transport in one pass.
RoLa
Contributor

Postby zeroAPM » 22 Oct 2015, 17:14

Question: Given shield spillover for inties and ASF, splash damage from flack and AA and the obscene numbers involved with Air/AA units health and damage (not to mention the update tick fuckery with shields and air), how much would the "flying fortress" last?
--edit
Nevermind, RoLa already answered
zeroAPM
Priest

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 52 times
FAF User Name: Impressingbutton

Postby Iszh » 22 Oct 2015, 17:49

Same like czar and ahwassa and beetle. I told before it is alike option for using after winning air sup. Because even with air sup you still cant use a t3 transport. 3 spread ASF will still kill this planes in 5 secs which is a joke.

Bubble of acu scu thats inconsistent! All shields or no shields.
Iszh
Evaluator

Postby RoLa » 22 Oct 2015, 18:33

Iszh wrote:3 spread ASF will still kill this planes in 5 secs which is a joke. Bubble of acu scu thats inconsistent! All shields or no shields.

3 ASF have 1300 dps
the shield has 150 regen/s
if the asf could continously fire they would take one minute to crack 52.000 hp shield.
But they need to turn around so it would take several minutes.

It's a game! You can think of anything to make it consistent. Lets say it works only in combination with a continental and S/ACUs. Explanation: The bubble shield system of a S/ACU can connect to the continental shield system and create an additionally shield. It's a UEF units only feature for late game.

EDIT:
Oh, i think 6 asf will kill normal Continental in 5 seconds.
RoLa
Contributor

Postby zeroAPM » 22 Oct 2015, 18:46

RoLa wrote:It's a game! You can think of anything to make it consistent. Lets say it works only in combination with a continental and S/ACUs. Explanation: The bubble shield system of a S/ACU can connect to the continental shield system and create an additionally shield. It's a UEF units only feature for late game.

Thanks, now my Supcom installation is screaming in rage, how am i supposed to listen to music now?
Last edited by zeroAPM on 22 Oct 2015, 21:12, edited 1 time in total.
zeroAPM
Priest

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 52 times
FAF User Name: Impressingbutton

Postby Iszh » 22 Oct 2015, 19:02

Of course i ve been talking about normal t3 transport just to show it is still useless even if you won air superiority .... loading 6 percivals 7k mass inside is a very very bad idea since this is destroyed in 5 secs by some spread planes. I am totally against scu shield in transports wtf this idea is simply out of concept of this game. The so called flying fortress would be at least an adequate replacement far not so strong for other air exp units which uef does not have.

Btw what exactly was the point of this thread except my invention of the uef flying fortress? :lol:
Iszh
Evaluator

Postby KrogothFTW » 22 Oct 2015, 23:51

KrogothFTW wrote:
yeager wrote::D

a sera ghetto would be reall interesting, it would be the best of them, but even the weakest aa could reduce its dps..

Even with their scout bot's reduced dps compared to LAB's? How much is their clamp advantage?

At T1, a Sera ghetto gunship with 8 selens would have 106dps at .381 DPS/mass and cybran or aeon ghetto gunship gets 126 DPS at .382 /mass with 6 LAB's.

A sera t2 ghetto gunship would get 220 anti ground DPS at 0.355 / mass.
Cybran gets 223.33 at 0.344 /mass with emp effect
Uef gets 343.82 at 0.435 /mass
Aeon gets 252 at 0.355 / mass
KrogothFTW

Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: Destruct0mat

PreviousNext

Return to Balance Discussion