Factional air balance

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Re: Factional air balance

Postby yeager » 21 Oct 2015, 19:23

Iszh wrote:If you wanna make drops over min 20 useful add a mini stealth circle to all t2 and t3 transport planes (using 500e or so default switched off) because mostly the main problem is that everybody can even see them starting with slow speed in enemy base and kill them to anytime you wish with 1 aa plane. If they are all hidden no matter what faction that would be a serious option for later game with enough of e income.

-500 for all t2 but cubran (who get it at -400 or something) and -600 on t3, cause that b*tch is hard to stop if you don't have any time ad perci in the base is game ending
yeager
Evaluator

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 32 times
FAF User Name: Yeager

Postby Iszh » 22 Oct 2015, 10:54

The Qestion is if t2 trasport planes get e expensive stealth radius is a t3 transport even with stealth still useful? It would be shot anyways more or less easy i just got another crazy idea. Aeon has a normal unit which is in fact an exp unit salvation. Uef has an exp unit which is a normal unit of this level. Atlantis is more or less a battleship worse vs water with anti air. Why not to make the t3 trans to the UEF inoffical air (half)exp unit? A unit which can deliver a deadly percivals or whatever army even if enemy has asf still but not enough.

What if this thing is getting:
4x 160 dps aa sams from 80 dps each
30k life and 20 k shield
costs 10k mass instead of 1400
2 broadsword t3 gunship plasma guns 300 dps instead of those 2x 30 dps with low muzzle velocity

That would be funny tactics. If enemy in a late teamgame loses air sup Ahwassa can kill anybody czar as well and beetle but uef? WIth this thing uef could also use this advantage finally to rape somebody with dropping 6 units anywhere they want :D T3 tansport flying fortress
Then you only have to add the ability to built units on the clamps to make it a perfect uef unit :twisted: (ok the last sentence was a joke but the values before i think that would be even ok alike and finally a really good use for t3 transport because atm it is far from beeing mass efficient transport - 3 percivals in t2 trans 300 mass and 6 percivals in a t3 trans which is still shot more or less easy 1400 mass)

Just to add some comparing balance example with worst of all air exp units:

Beetle has 34k mass cost and nearly no aa but 2,5k dps splash ground damage and 90k life

Uef transport would be 3 of them with 1800 no splash ground damage high e cost for shield several no splash sams 3x640 dps but low life so vet doesnt really matter 150k life in generaland ability to carry 18 t3 units which you also have to pay.

Sounds ok for me especially since the vet does not matter with 30k life.
Iszh
Evaluator

Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 126 times
FAF User Name: Iszh

Postby RoLa » 22 Oct 2015, 11:23

UEF has a unit combination which is very strong fatboy + bubble scu. I am not sure but i think shield is down while in transport. If it would be active the bubble SCU would be enough giving 52.000 hp with shield.
RoLa
Contributor

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 19 times
FAF User Name: RoLa

Postby Iszh » 22 Oct 2015, 11:26

shields in transport are inactive but stealth is active, why you mention this combination here? a fatboy i cant transport lol and nothing to do with air in general. You could transport shield scu with 5x rambo scu yes thats strong but it costs. Just think how aswasher is deadly when enemy has not enough of anti air. Jammer as well is active uef would be able if there would be any use to add jamming to their t2 gunships. In my post above i am not demanding to change to transport abilities of it since that would be to strong. But the values would at least grant a nice option for lategame.

In general nice ideas:

t2 stealth transports for all factions with high e cost default off
t3 transport a flying fortress with 50k life inoffical half exp like describe 2 posts above would make it useful. I hardly ever can see those t3 transports they re not efficient
Iszh
Evaluator

Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 126 times
FAF User Name: Iszh

Postby Mr-Smith » 22 Oct 2015, 12:22

mobile stealth of any sort should be only for Cybran, this faction depends on the stealth sonar/ ships for navy combat, and stealth air for snipes / drops.
if you take that away, cybran would lose all its advantage
If you can't beat us...
...join us.
Doge This, hover ACU: https://youtu.be/a67tvWmu31Y?list=LLW-T ... O4fQ&t=179
Mr-Smith
Evaluator

Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 36 times
FAF User Name: Mr-Smith

Postby zeroAPM » 22 Oct 2015, 12:43

To Izsh and RoLa:

Please, reformat your posts and fix some small grammar issue, you're starting to sound like Ithilis.

Let's just hope this is a accident and it's not, in fact, contagious.
zeroAPM
Priest

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 52 times
FAF User Name: Impressingbutton

Postby yeager » 22 Oct 2015, 12:50

Mr-Smith wrote:mobile stealth of any sort should be only for Cybran, this faction depends on the stealth sonar/ ships for navy combat, and stealth air for snipes / drops.
if you take that away, cybran would lose all its advantage

Plz, cybran has more die hard fans that anyone, I assure they will stay balanced
yeager
Evaluator

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 32 times
FAF User Name: Yeager

Postby keyser » 22 Oct 2015, 13:21

Say the most "die hard fan" of seraphim.
Zockyzock:
VoR is the clan of upcoming top players now
keyser
Councillor - Game

Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 540 times
FAF User Name: keyser

Postby Ceneraii » 22 Oct 2015, 13:36

I think air is currently fine, there's no blatant issues. Main reason aeon is picked is because of swifties (esp since they are somewhat ok vs early strat), mercies to punish early push and t3 torp bomber vs navy. All these are simply very good tools to have in a teamgame environment, combine that with double RAS and great all-round land exp+the bestest long range t3 arty and excellent game ender exp means that Aeon is probably the best pick in lategame and good at ensuring the game gets there.

I don't see any need to change anything tbh, besides maybe fixing some air crash values. The fact is that a tendency to make maps with airslots in them just favors aeon in general, I think this has little to do with balance and more with somewhat lazy map design.
Ceneraii

Has liked: 104 times
Been liked: 81 times
FAF User Name: Ceneraii

Postby Zeldafanboy » 22 Oct 2015, 13:43

Ceneraii wrote:I think air is currently fine, there's no blatant issues.

...uhm, ASF for starters

Ceneraii wrote:...means that Aeon is probably the best pick in late-game

In team games, sure, but their T3 land loses hard to UEF and Cybran
Symbiont solidarity. All UEF Are Bastards.
Zeldafanboy

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 13 times
FAF User Name: Zeldafanboy

PreviousNext

Return to Balance Discussion