Powerfull commander upgrades

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Re: Powerfull commander upgrades

Postby quark036 » 04 Oct 2015, 16:36

Rnnnxs, the resto field is bugged, but it will only reduce the regen if what you are buffing has OVER 200 regen per second already, in which case it gets lowered to 200. We're working on fixing it but it doesn't show up that often
quark036

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 26 times
FAF User Name: Quark036

Postby yeager » 04 Oct 2015, 17:08

Ceneraii wrote:
IceDreamer wrote:If the argument is that OC is the reason a megapowered gun is less desirable, then should we not consider introducing an OC buff as part of the upgrade? It's certainly expensive enough. The small gun upgrade gives range, but what if, as well as increasing the DPS on the normal gun, the big upgrade also increased the AOE or decreased the reload time on the OC?

I think if we're going to look at acu upgrades, there are some others that deserve more attention. 2nd sera gun can be really good just because of the other acu benefits sera has. It's difficult to use effectively though, but in my opinion sera already has a bunch of powerful commander upgrade paths to take so it's not a big deal if the ''final'' one is a bit difficult to put into practice ^^

Well, sure, but some things are meant to suck, so we could give a look see at uef health upgrade, but cybran should probably stay in the same/ a similar spot, I know it sucks, but cybran t2 land force is really good, and vs sera and uef you can completely rape with corsairs and gunships. Not to mention the torpedo upgrade is very good. The double gun on sera, however, doesn't really make sense to suck, for cybran you still get bang for you buck, not so here. Also all upgrades should have a place, they shouldn't just straight up suck. Cybran gun/t2 is a tough decision, but both are useful, which is good, sera 2nd gun (and uef health pack) don't have a time where they are useful, and rarely pay for themselves as well as other upgrades
yeager
Evaluator

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 32 times
FAF User Name: Yeager

Postby Ceneraii » 05 Oct 2015, 03:58

I don't know where you pulled out cybran com, it's fine in my opinion. The only thing I would change is them retaining their relative regen advantage through veterancy levels (it gets smaller and smaller right now). I was talking more about uef nano, resto field, chrono, etc.
Ceneraii

Has liked: 104 times
Been liked: 81 times
FAF User Name: Ceneraii

Postby Apofenas » 05 Oct 2015, 08:43

Cybran ACU is not as bad as i heared multiple times in this thread. Its main problem is its battle usage in mid game at the time of gun-shield/nano(/chrono?)-t2/gun(/nano?) upgrade combinations ACUs where cybran ACU can get stealth-gun/t2 against them. But for that you get best late game ACU with tele-mazer snipes, with gun-cloak-mazer com capable to kill armies and exps even better than sera double gun double nano and with best survivability upgrade which makes you almost unsnipable - cloak.

I would change only one thing here - RAS. It's basicly the worst RAS out of all ACUs(it's power advantage is too silly compare to its mass disadvantage), it has no ARAS like aeon/seraS and doesnt allow to get survivability upgrade with it like UEF. It should be moved to the right hand so you could get and support cloak out of it but wouldn't get lazer. With it RAS-cloak-gun combination could appear some time later than other battle ACU, but could potentionally turn into lazer-cloak-gun and this one is not that easy to deal with.https://youtu.be/f789exRBgcs?t=4m5s
Spoiler: show
unless you are aeon which have omni on GC and ACU

Mycen wrote:I spend many games trying to use seldom-used stuff, and I've had some reasonable effectiveness with the Billy, but I've never been able to use the Sera double gun. Does anyone ever use it? I've never seen it used.

This requires team work. By the time you are able to do it on your own, the upgrade gets obselite; but if you get owerflow from team mate(s) you can get it rather fast and do a lot of damage.
BalanceVictim wrote:I tried it out, and yes, the anti-torpedo is a useful tool now. Sadly, the rest of the unit is still extremely weak compared to any other frig
Apofenas
Contributor

Has liked: 179 times
Been liked: 180 times
FAF User Name: Apofenas

Postby Iszh » 05 Oct 2015, 13:52

Sec have to add here that cybran acu was bufed with life regen which is already an advantage compared to others and the ras is not the worst but the best. You get 6 mass income less just to get 800 e income more. let me think a second 500 e income is a t2 pgen for 1200 mass. to get 4 mass income you need at t2 mex for 800 mass. Cybran ras is actually the best of all it is simply not double. But cybran has torp upgrade for mid game and other stuff like lazer where other factions have nothing comparable. Dont buff cybran.
Iszh
Evaluator

Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 126 times
FAF User Name: Iszh

Postby Ithilis_Quo » 05 Oct 2015, 13:54

btw did you ever see aeon advanced shield ?

no ? maybe it will be becasue its cost more energy as build 5 nuke launchers.
-----

whut? as 5 nuke launcher?! and what i get for that crazy price?

- you get 15000 shield and 7more shield regeneration/ second

And thta is all for 4500m and milion energy?

- no isnt, it also drain 2x more energy per second
"Fixed in Equilibrium" Washy
Ithilis_Quo
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 395 times
Been liked: 181 times
FAF User Name: Ithilis

Postby Iszh » 05 Oct 2015, 14:39

Same for uef acu bubble :D
Iszh
Evaluator

Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 126 times
FAF User Name: Iszh

Postby Ithilis_Quo » 05 Oct 2015, 17:00

Iszh wrote:Same for uef acu bubble :D

cant agree
uef bubble cost 50% less mass 55% less energy add 50% more shield (isted of 35%), that is bubble with much more use as personal.

Its definitly not same as uef bubble
"Fixed in Equilibrium" Washy
Ithilis_Quo
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 395 times
Been liked: 181 times
FAF User Name: Ithilis

Postby keyser » 05 Oct 2015, 17:03

But you can t dodge with a uef buble acu. So it s better to keep it as a personal shield against strat snipe that are usual in end game.
Zockyzock:
VoR is the clan of upcoming top players now
keyser
Councillor - Game

Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 540 times
FAF User Name: keyser

Postby yeager » 05 Oct 2015, 23:21

Keyser nailed it, also, when was the last time you needed it? You lite all day anyways and by the time it's needed you should have a GC anyway, not saying your wrong, but it's a pointless buff right now
yeager
Evaluator

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 32 times
FAF User Name: Yeager

PreviousNext

Return to Balance Discussion