T2/T3 Mex HP

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Re: T2/T3 Mex HP

Postby keyser » 16 Sep 2015, 12:18

if you nerf building life, nerf tml damage too. (it will lower the cheap no skill tml snipe too)
Zockyzock:
VoR is the clan of upcoming top players now
keyser
Councillor - Game

Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 540 times
FAF User Name: keyser

Postby Iszh » 16 Sep 2015, 12:29

removing the last (1 hit) remaining uef snipe ability now? :lol: dont want to start counting how many games cybran or aeon won easy with snipe weapons. uef suffering a lag of those and therefore have lower win rate. Maybe think about this before nerfing mex life or doing something else?

what about buff t2 bombers instead of reducing life, tml damage, etc etc ... land units in most cases destroy t2 mexes fast enough. Ships as well so if the problem is only air why not to increase the damage of the few units which cant do enough damage atm?
Iszh
Evaluator

Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 126 times
FAF User Name: Iszh

Postby keyser » 16 Sep 2015, 12:39

if this is the only way of sniping of the uef, you might play them real bad.

but i agree uef T2 bomber can be buff. But i think this is another subject
Zockyzock:
VoR is the clan of upcoming top players now
keyser
Councillor - Game

Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 540 times
FAF User Name: keyser

Postby Apofenas » 16 Sep 2015, 12:46

why not to increase the damage of the few units which cant do enough damage atm?

Janus with 100x times more damage won't suddenly start hitting targets from first pass 100% of time, better just fixing its accuracy may be by making one missle/bomb which transforms into many napalm bombs like lobo shell. The thing with storages that i suggested is exacly an insta pay off for t1, t2 bobmers. Not sure how corsairs and nothas would do, but janus (if it could hit targets properly) would kill all 4 storages per pass.

Whole concept of t2 f/bs could have a rework since the only used one is corsair and it's used as bomber only. Although that's already off topic.
BalanceVictim wrote:I tried it out, and yes, the anti-torpedo is a useful tool now. Sadly, the rest of the unit is still extremely weak compared to any other frig
Apofenas
Contributor

Has liked: 179 times
Been liked: 180 times
FAF User Name: Apofenas

Postby Mad`Mozart » 16 Sep 2015, 12:59

Yes it also didnt make much sense to me why mass storage has so much HP.

I also got a bit bit crazy idea about it :D
Nerf t2 and t3 mex HP and storage HP (to ~200-300) but give t2 mexes an engie suite so they could build storages around it (will be another building option at t2 when you select it). Not sure how this is balance-wise tho, but i always had cancer capping mexes around the map.
Mad`Mozart
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby Ithilis_Quo » 16 Sep 2015, 16:09

another option is make storage explode, as explode energy storage, what creat additional option where storage would not be as must to be, because with storage around mex would be mex much more fragile.

-> make T2/3 mex more fragil, more interesting for harrash
-> make linking mex with factory as better option because mex will be more safe whiteout storage
-> attack will prioritize on storage, and will not leave 4 storage alive as is now common.
"Fixed in Equilibrium" Washy
Ithilis_Quo
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 395 times
Been liked: 181 times
FAF User Name: Ithilis

Postby Aulex » 16 Sep 2015, 16:34

I agree with keyser, if mex hp and fac hp is nerfed then static tml should be nerfed across the board. It is in a good balance spot imo, not too strong and quickly counterable and I don't think we want that to change.

Also what would be nice about this is that we could possibly see more hqs pop up or people may just play hyper defensively which will probably result in a loss.
"Let's start beating ass and die" - drunk TA4Life

"Just because you have a d*** doesn't mean you need to be one...pussy" -Blackdeath

SCOUTING SAVES LIVES
http://imgur.com/YGk0W0o

How to play Sup Com by Ubilaz
http://goo.gl/je83z
Aulex
Contributor

Has liked: 299 times
Been liked: 225 times
FAF User Name: VoR_Aulex

Postby IceDreamer » 17 Sep 2015, 00:48

I like this idea. I like this idea a lot :)
IceDreamer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 488 times

Postby Aulex » 18 Sep 2015, 01:13

briang wrote:I agree that this would only promote more aggression slightly. Will be a massive buff for cybran strat though :D

I feel like when they rework t3 air, this will be accounted for.
"Let's start beating ass and die" - drunk TA4Life

"Just because you have a d*** doesn't mean you need to be one...pussy" -Blackdeath

SCOUTING SAVES LIVES
http://imgur.com/YGk0W0o

How to play Sup Com by Ubilaz
http://goo.gl/je83z
Aulex
Contributor

Has liked: 299 times
Been liked: 225 times
FAF User Name: VoR_Aulex

Postby KD7BCH » 18 Sep 2015, 16:46

Aulex wrote:
briang wrote:I agree that this would only promote more aggression slightly. Will be a massive buff for cybran strat though :D

I feel like when they rework t3 air, this will be accounted for.

You mean when hell freezes lol jk.

Agree with the T2/T3 mex hp reduction. Making these targets softer would make T2 air/land more effective.

However I firmly believe the reason T2 air is not seeing much gameplay is not because it is not effective, but because T3 air is not substantially harder to get than T2, ASFs fly much faster than T2 air and are much more lethal. A T2 air unit has no chance against ASFs as they exist in the current build. A swarm of 10 ASFs will effectively kill 25 T2 FBs or 70 T1 air units.

A lot of solid mod work has gone into finding a better place for ASFs in Korbah's Air Leverage Mod V4.

Other points made, which are accurate, some of the T2 FBs suck pretty bad in that they can't hit a target reliably or don't drop on the first pass.
The Gun Down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPmuSnJiV0o
KD7BCH
Priest

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 12 times
FAF User Name: KD7BCH

PreviousNext

Return to Balance Discussion