Mongoose

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Mongoose

Postby lextoc » 14 Sep 2015, 09:00

Can we make this unit a little stronger? It barely gets used!
I'm watching you!
lextoc
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 287 times
Been liked: 227 times
FAF User Name: lextoc

Re: Mongoose

Postby Gorton » 14 Sep 2015, 17:01

(Can this unit HIT ANYTHING)* ?
"who is this guy, he didnt play gpg or what?" - RA_ZLO

*FAF Moderator*
Gorton
Councillor - Moderation

Has liked: 1067 times
Been liked: 455 times
FAF User Name: Gorton

Postby yeager » 14 Sep 2015, 17:57

Idk, it's hard to balance, cause in its purest form it's a t2 sniper bot, and because some factions (cough, cough seraphim) lack any units that can cost effectively deal with them at t2
yeager
Evaluator

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 32 times
FAF User Name: Yeager

Postby lextoc » 14 Sep 2015, 19:14

yeager wrote:Idk, it's hard to balance, cause in its purest form it's a t2 sniper bot, and because some factions (cough, cough seraphim) lack any units that can cost effectively deal with them at t2

What about hoplites? Aren't they some sort of t2 sniper bot... I don't agree with your opinion that it's hard to balance
I'm watching you!
lextoc
Supreme Commander

Postby Apofenas » 14 Sep 2015, 19:22

Ithilis tried made them hit things properly with minigun weapon. However he didn't stop on it and made only 30 dps fire from gun acu range and rest from only 18, while unit became slower but got hp boost. He also adjusted the mass cost. So mongoose ended same under used as they were. Check it out. May be you'll like the concept or at least how their gatling weapon works.
BalanceVictim wrote:I tried it out, and yes, the anti-torpedo is a useful tool now. Sadly, the rest of the unit is still extremely weak compared to any other frig
Apofenas
Contributor

Has liked: 179 times
Been liked: 180 times
FAF User Name: Apofenas

Postby yeager » 14 Sep 2015, 19:35

i didnt say hopolites werent also t2 sniperbots, i'm just saying its aeon, and to an extent seraphim are gonna have a really hard time dealing with this, especially shield+ mongoose combo, so you need to be careful. id like the mongoose to be strong too, dont get me wrong, but hover is already not cost effective and aeon and sera have no other fast units, so the buff/ change would need to be done carefully.
yeager
Evaluator

Postby lextoc » 14 Sep 2015, 20:44

yeager wrote:i'm just saying its aeon.

?
I'm watching you!
lextoc
Supreme Commander

Postby keyser » 14 Sep 2015, 21:38

don't listen to yeager he has some issue about "nerfing everything not seraphim, and buffing every sera unit"...

i played a team game on wonder yesterday, and i saw a real potential in mongoose. I didn't realised it before, but this is a really good unit for defense.

i can't really tell for 1v1, but i remember some high rated player (zock ?) saying that changing mongoose/hoplite is really tricky because they can become really really good real fast. We have some issue balancing unit that become good only when they are microed.
Zockyzock:
VoR is the clan of upcoming top players now
keyser
Councillor - Game

Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 540 times
FAF User Name: keyser

Postby Zock » 14 Sep 2015, 22:03

I said something similar to that, yes. We will probably look into mongoose at some point, but the next patch will focus on the things that got voted.

In fact, nerfing t3 will be a quite big indirect buff to mongoose.
gg no re

ohh! what a pretty shining link! https://www.youtube.com/c/Zockyzock
Zock
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 173 times
Been liked: 397 times
FAF User Name: Zock

Postby yeager » 14 Sep 2015, 22:18

keyser wrote:don't listen to yeager he has some issue about "nerfing everything not seraphim, and buffing every sera unit"...

i played a team game on wonder yesterday, and i saw a real potential in mongoose. I didn't realised it before, but this is a really good unit for defense.

i can't really tell for 1v1, but i remember some high rated player (zock ?) saying that changing mongoose/hoplite is really tricky because they can become really really good real fast. We have some issue balancing unit that become good only when they are microed.

aeon and sera have no land defense against a micro mongoose, sure the micro is insane, but I'm just saying, and like i said I WOULD LIKE TO SEE A BUFF TO MONGOOSE I'm not a nazi -.- Im just saying if we buff it wrong aeon and sera are gonna have a tough time
yeager
Evaluator

Next

Return to Balance Discussion