Postby dstojkov » 17 Sep 2015, 18:07

and AOE between 0.4 and 0.8 could be an appreciable buff so that it miss less
dstojkov
Evaluator

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 24 times

Re: Mongoose

Postby Tremarl » 22 Oct 2015, 12:38

The only thing a mongoose could use is a slight Dps buff so it totals 40dps or so, and a much higher projectile velocity - so it can actually hit shit.
Tremarl
Spammer

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 4 times
FAF User Name: Tremarl

Postby Ithilis_Quo » 22 Oct 2015, 20:31

its very easy, when you want mongoose miss less, then its need change parameter that make mongoose miss more. this parameter is called
firing randomnes

you know.. already it have quite big number on this parameter. but problem is taht when mongoose dotn miss and have 32r and 3,6 speed its OP!

i describe everything many time.. but looks like none is reading this threat by pages
"Fixed in Equilibrium" Washy
Ithilis_Quo
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 395 times
Been liked: 181 times
FAF User Name: Ithilis

Postby TheKoopa » 22 Oct 2015, 20:33

If mongoose become too OP, you could always nerf the damage a bit....
Feather: I am usually pretty good in judging people's abilities, intelligence and motives

Evildrew: Just because I didnt choose you for my team last year doesnt give you the right to be all bitchy and negative about my proposal
TheKoopa
Contributor

Has liked: 172 times
Been liked: 225 times
FAF User Name: Gently-

Postby Morax » 22 Oct 2015, 22:07

Like the hoplite, the mongoose is only effective in packs of about 5+ since their miniguns muzzle velocity is quite slow...

Hoplites and mongoose bots should be stashed to the side or behind t1 units until there is a proper group where at least some damage will hit. At their weapon's full range it should be enough to make players back off or rethink strategy in lieu of the ranged attack war.

I'd hands-down choose hoplites over mongoose, though. Add stealth to the hoplites and 1 t2 flak and you have a nightmare to deal with...
Maps and Modifications Councilor

M&M Discord Channel

Come join us and help create content with the artists of FAF.
Morax
Councillor - Maps and Mods

Has liked: 1167 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: Morax

Postby Iszh » 22 Oct 2015, 22:50

Mongoose are as well a nightmare to deal with, but for the owner :lol: They are not useful in any kind of existing situation since tanks will do always better. Even worse without radar and shields. The friendly fire damage is just the cherry on the top to emphasize that they are shit.
Iszh
Evaluator

Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 126 times
FAF User Name: Iszh

Postby Ithilis_Quo » 23 Oct 2015, 02:50

Iszh wrote:Mongoose are as well a nightmare to deal with, but for the owner :lol:

made my day :D:D
"Fixed in Equilibrium" Washy
Ithilis_Quo
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 395 times
Been liked: 181 times
FAF User Name: Ithilis

Postby Morax » 23 Oct 2015, 17:22

Mmmmm.... I had a game where someone rushed t2 UEF against Aeon and I had a hell of time controlling them once there were about 10 on the field. Between bomb raids that caught me off-guard and their advance aurora packs stood no chance. I tried getting Obsidians into the mix but each one i got was needed asap and would fall.

They're not useless. They just require good micro of units which is difficult when playing a map like Cobalt Valley where you need to pay attention to multiple flanks.

M&M Discord Channel

Morax

Postby Gorton » 23 Oct 2015, 18:18

They are significantly worse than other units, though.

Against them as aeon, go ahead and make guncom and easily swat them. Aeon bombers do wonders too, since they stun.

Just remember not to *just* make aurora vs them, - of course you are going to lose if you send a unit vs a counter to it. Shield auroras, use guncom to tank damage and kill, obsidians will wipe out any pillars that try to advance, etc.

Remember that you don't really have to make that many units at start, either. If you know they're going to make t2 land, you don't have to make that many t1 units. They will basically have none, so the few aurora you make at the start will easily suffice, and you can then make whatever you need to counter.

Added to that you can make air easier, since you don't need as much land invest.
"who is this guy, he didnt play gpg or what?" - RA_ZLO

*FAF Moderator*
Gorton
Councillor - Moderation

Has liked: 1067 times
Been liked: 455 times
FAF User Name: Gorton

Postby Morax » 26 Oct 2015, 23:11

I guess it was probably just a crappy matchup on Cobalt Valley where the slow Aurora can't respond to hasty attacks as well.

On a map like Syrtis where there are more closed quarters it would likely be a different story.

Good suggestions, though.

M&M Discord Channel

Morax

PreviousNext

Return to Balance Discussion