removing beetle snipes

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Re: removing beetle snipes

Postby RealityCheck » 28 Nov 2015, 19:40

Is it technically possible to mod the beetles such that they are only able to reduce the ACU to 500 HP or so? This way the sniping player will have to have a pack of gunships or some army around in order to be able to finish the ACU, and these things are scoutable.

Maybe this way the beetles will become a way to wipe out the attacking potential of the ACU, forcing him to run back to his base. Cybran has the weakest ACU - eliminating the enemy ACU as a threat seems useful to me. And it is not as annoying for the victim, since it is no longer an instakill.
And the balance team will be able to raise beetles' damage, so that they are good at sniping eco.

I am just curious if this idea can work, both technically and as a balance idea?
RealityCheck

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 20 times
FAF User Name: RealityCheck

Postby briang » 28 Nov 2015, 20:23

Firstly, this thread has gone over a month without a post. Please try not to dig up old threads.

Secondly, that may be possible but it is unprecedented. There isn't anything wrong with beetles being able to kill the ACU. The issue is the rather OP nature of them when combined with stealth and a transport.

Technically it could happen I'm sure but I'm never going to agree with gimping a unit as opposed to some sort of simple nerf. You might as well totally redesign it at that point. I think there are more simple and effective solutions.
Ninrai 2015- briang is usually an aggressive d****e
briang
Spammer

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 65 times
FAF User Name: YouLikeThat

Postby KD7BCH » 12 Dec 2015, 06:02

briang wrote:Firstly, this thread has gone over a month without a post. Please try not to dig up old threads.

Secondly, that may be possible but it is unprecedented. There isn't anything wrong with beetles being able to kill the ACU. The issue is the rather OP nature of them when combined with stealth and a transport.

Technically it could happen I'm sure but I'm never going to agree with gimping a unit as opposed to some sort of simple nerf. You might as well totally redesign it at that point. I think there are more simple and effective solutions.

Oh so now you are a moderator are ya? LOL
The Gun Down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPmuSnJiV0o
KD7BCH
Priest

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 12 times
FAF User Name: KD7BCH

Postby briang » 12 Dec 2015, 23:54

KD7BCH wrote:
briang wrote:Firstly, this thread has gone over a month without a post. Please try not to dig up old threads.

Oh so now you are a moderator are ya? LOL

Necroing old threads to talk shit are we?

Your immense maturity on this forum continues to shine. We really all appreciate your valuable input.
Ninrai 2015- briang is usually an aggressive d****e
briang
Spammer

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 65 times
FAF User Name: YouLikeThat

Postby Gorton » 14 Dec 2015, 20:50

This thread got bogged down - and now mired with this? The both of you, cut it out.

I've locked it, and implore washy to make a new one for the express purpose of balancing them - and let's not have pages of arguments about "they're fine" you can just ignore the thread.
"who is this guy, he didnt play gpg or what?" - RA_ZLO

*FAF Moderator*
Gorton
Councillor - Moderation

Has liked: 1067 times
Been liked: 455 times
FAF User Name: Gorton

Previous

Return to Balance Discussion