Bulwarks.

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Re: Bulwarks.

Postby fluffycake » 15 Sep 2015, 09:32

Honestly, I don't fully see the rationale behind the change you're proposing.

On smaller naval maps, games usually end before bulwarks can be produced in large numbers. Heck, the outcome is often decided long before T3 navy makes a full entrance onto the playing field. In these cases, I think the bulwark is pretty well balanced. It's not hard to get a few hover units or subs underneath the shield to kill it, especially considering the poor range and accuracy of the UEF T2 destroyer.

Unless you compensate with another buff, your proposed change will only make the underwhelming UEF T2 navy worse.

The Summit+bulwark spam issue you're talking about only becomes an issue on the larger naval maps, where the defender's advantage makes turtle-ish play with the bulwark more viable. These maps are played often, but I think it's important to keep the wider map pool in mind when proposing balance changes.

Maybe you could just nerf Bulwark shield stacking more? That might solve the issue without affecting T2 too much.
fluffycake

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: fluffycake

Re: Bulwarks.

Postby yeager » 15 Sep 2015, 19:25

I like this idea, the sera t3 shield is on a recharge of 40 some seconds and it makes it really hard to use, something similar to the bulwark would be helpful to make them easier to get through. But when is enough enough? the shield should be a cost effective form of health or it wont get used, so we need to maybe not nerf bat it.
yeager
Evaluator

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 32 times
FAF User Name: Yeager

Previous

Return to Balance Discussion