Poll ended at 29 Aug 2015, 18:04

A
52%
B
48%

Total votes : 63

Re: Scope of the next patch

Postby Dojah » 01 Sep 2015, 18:41

I'd like to see the unit database updated.... there have been many massive changes since it was last corrected and I wouldn't be surprised if half the info was incorrect.
Dojah
Crusader

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Dojah

Postby quark036 » 01 Sep 2015, 22:42

The database takes its data from the unit bp files, so it is up to date, it just doesn't have some units like t3maa, until we get the creator to release the code or write a new one.
quark036

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 26 times
FAF User Name: Quark036

Postby Dojah » 02 Sep 2015, 03:43

quark036 wrote:The database takes its data from the unit bp files, so it is up to date, it just doesn't have some units like t3maa, until we get the creator to release the code or write a new one.

A quick check of the data base compared to in game data shows that not all the info is correct. For example The Othuum now has a max speed of 2.6, the database lists 2.5. the Illshavoh now has a turret yaw of 70 deg/sec and the database lists 180deg/sec. Most of patch 3650 is not represented in the database. What other patches aren't represented when looking at the database... I have no idea.
Dojah
Crusader

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Dojah

Postby megatron219 » 02 Sep 2015, 03:48

It would be nice to fix the hover bomber issue. The amount of damage a t3 strat (although a t1 bomber too) can deal out in a very short amount of time is still overpowered.

Also, I think reducing the area of effect of t3 bombers' bombs would help. on any map where the mexes are near each other a t3 bomber can take out 6+ mexes in one shot.
megatron219

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby ZLO_RD » 02 Sep 2015, 03:54

megatron219 wrote:Also, I think reducing the area of effect of t3 bombers' bombs would help. on any map where the mexes are near each other a t3 bomber can take out 6+ mexes in one shot.

uhhhh screw those rush me more/thermo/voodoo-master maps with squares/grids of mexes

and anyway... you can protect ALL of your mexes with one t2 shield, and everyone knows that and while one player rushes strat, everyone else rush for t2 shield for their mexes
http://www.youtube.com/user/dimatularus
http://www.twitch.tv/zlo_rd
TA4Life: "At the very least we are not slaves to the UI"
ZLO_RD
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 400 times
FAF User Name: ZLO

Postby Aulex » 02 Sep 2015, 04:09

megatron219 wrote:It would be nice to fix the hover bomber issue. The amount of damage a t3 strat (although a t1 bomber too) can deal out in a very short amount of time is still overpowered.

Also, I think reducing the area of effect of t3 bombers' bombs would help. on any map where the mexes are near each other a t3 bomber can take out 6+ mexes in one shot.

You're salty because you just lost a game to hover strats 3824575
but, hover t3 strats are op
"Let's start beating ass and die" - drunk TA4Life

"Just because you have a d*** doesn't mean you need to be one...pussy" -Blackdeath

SCOUTING SAVES LIVES
http://imgur.com/YGk0W0o

How to play Sup Com by Ubilaz
http://goo.gl/je83z
Aulex
Contributor

Has liked: 299 times
Been liked: 225 times
FAF User Name: VoR_Aulex

Postby C-Star » 02 Sep 2015, 21:51

i am for option B. Reasons:

* i think it will be faster online cause its changes are smaller and dont effect game play as much as A (less discussion)
* easier to understand for non-pros (like me :oops: )
* our community may need some more patch-iterations to learn the process. more smaller changes will be more satisfying while a (too?) big one may get stucked in endless debates
* vet and repair a global problems (or better: global not-woring mechanics) and will effect EVERY game in a very comprehensible manner (think about the non-pros). personally i think there is much potential in it and it felt always counter-intuitive - especially: reclaiming instead repairing, killing own units to prevent vet of enemy, no noticable effect of vetted units in bigger combats. Maybe it should become visible in the strategic icons or some glow-effect or sth so its easier to say if a force of certain number is stronger than normal..
C-Star
Crusader

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 10 times
FAF User Name: C-Star

Postby speed2 » 02 Sep 2015, 22:05

Im for option G
aka Gorton should already put this on what's new page as he promised
Spoiler: show
or some accident might happen to his dog...
speed2
Contributor

Has liked: 636 times
Been liked: 1119 times
FAF User Name: speed2

Postby Zeldafanboy » 03 Sep 2015, 01:06

It's always better to go slowly and gradually than to make drastic changes.

I can't believe that people want to radically change the best RTS game ever, at least in my humble opinion.

Also, in this thread people have been saying T3 MAA was a bad idea for some reason?

May I ask what on earth you're smoking? And where I could buy some?
Symbiont solidarity. All UEF Are Bastards.
Zeldafanboy

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 13 times
FAF User Name: Zeldafanboy

Postby SneakySnake » 03 Sep 2015, 19:43

Considering I play mostly 1v1, I have to vote for option A. Nice options, thank you for asking us what we wanted.
SneakySnake

Has liked: 100 times
Been liked: 17 times
FAF User Name: SneakySnake

PreviousNext

Return to Balance Discussion