Poll ended at 29 Aug 2015, 18:04

A
52%
B
48%

Total votes : 63

Re: Scope of the next patch

Postby FunkOff » 29 Aug 2015, 15:42

For balance patch, I choose option A. Solve the problem thusly: A T2 HQ (or T2 ACU) is required to upgrade mex/radar/etc to T2. Same for T3. Also make T2 tech cheaper (maybe 700 instead of 800, or even less) Also increase T3 tech costs. It's 3500, right? make it 4500. Make SCUs special teleportation combat engineers. 5000 mass cost, they come with teleportation ability as standard. Personally, I'd also prefer that ONLY SCUs can make experimentals, and that ACU/Engies cant do it.
FunkOff
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 43 times
FAF User Name: FakeOff

Postby ckitching » 29 Aug 2015, 21:31

JaggedAppliance wrote:As for (b), the phrase "making the game more accessible without reducing depth" is worrying. Please no, that thinking has never led to anything good or worthwhile.

Much of the appeal of SC is that it isn't "Just another oversimplified RTS". People who want that experience have a plethora of drivel to choose from: FAF should remain one of the few truly complex and depthful strategy games, or it will more surely die.
ckitching

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 69 times
FAF User Name: ckitching

Postby theeggroll » 30 Aug 2015, 01:57

I would really like to see Sera RAScu's, late game that can lead to an ENORMOUS disadvantage, I saw murder party with ZLO petric etc and ZLO had 4/6 islands on roanoke and petric had two and petric was able to outeco ZLO with RAScu's, i dont think it would be unfair for sera to have it, since most RAScu's dont do much outside of the base.
GMT - 6 http://spooky.github.io/unitdb/#/
When in doubt, Blame Gorton
theeggroll
Priest

Has liked: 228 times
Been liked: 98 times
FAF User Name: theeggroll

Postby Ceneraii » 30 Aug 2015, 16:46

Option A has me wet, it's like you took a list of the things I love to bitch about ^^
Ceneraii

Has liked: 104 times
Been liked: 81 times
FAF User Name: Ceneraii

Postby Col_Walter_Kurtz » 31 Aug 2015, 12:15

This game is way too old for radical ideas. You can't teach an old woman to be a pole dancer either.

So whatever it's going to be, don't go radical. Like FunkOff's tech level idea.
Col_Walter_Kurtz
Priest

Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 45 times
FAF User Name: Apocalypse_Now

Postby ZLO_RD » 31 Aug 2015, 12:25

theeggroll wrote:I would really like to see Sera RAScu's, late game that can lead to an ENORMOUS disadvantage, I saw murder party with ZLO petric etc and ZLO had 4/6 islands on roanoke and petric had two and petric was able to outeco ZLO with RAScu's, i dont think it would be unfair for sera to have it, since most RAScu's dont do much outside of the base.

Murder party is weird, who gets bonus and how big it is, is not clear, i wasted some army to combat mozy who was shelling my base with t3 arty so i had to get shields insteas of t3 power so i could not use all my mass on t3 air or nukes, also i was lazy to make nore BS/cruiser and groundfire harms
And he had scatis killing my power again, and nuked more of my t3 power on second island
http://www.youtube.com/user/dimatularus
http://www.twitch.tv/zlo_rd
TA4Life: "At the very least we are not slaves to the UI"
ZLO_RD
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 400 times
FAF User Name: ZLO

Postby keyser » 31 Aug 2015, 13:07

Yeah murder party is really weird, if you chain snipe you can get 1000+ mass production on a weak t2 eco.
Zockyzock:
VoR is the clan of upcoming top players now
keyser
Councillor - Game

Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 540 times
FAF User Name: keyser

Postby Apofenas » 31 Aug 2015, 15:21

I had to vote for A option, as i think t2-t3-SCU-Exp and veterancy system rework balance is much more important than what's suggested in B.

However does it only affect land or t1-t2-t3-t4 air too? Will SCU upgrade system get a complete rework or just get nerfs/buffs and still have useless upgrades? Will Titan get its missle launcher back or get a simple buff? What is your plan on veterancy system rework? (Ithilis' concept or something new?)

Besides this i'd like to see:
-A rework or introduction of repair as viable part of the game
-Sorting up under used upgrades on ACUs (UEF nano, Billy, restoration field, ect)
-Reworking useless weaponary (CZAR 37 dps torps, Revenant 28 dps AA, ect)
--Buff of sky slammer making it fire land units when there is no air in range
--Making wagner anti-naval usage same effective as hover tank usage
-Reworking cybran shields to something efficient and easy to manage; Making ED5 t3 and buildable
-Novax rework;
Spoiler: show
Novax station costs 14k mass, satelite itself 14k more mass; Satelite gets valible dps and/or additional damage to shields, but can be shot by nuke from stationary nuke launcher in some radius, so novax is used as defencive unit.

I was thinking about this unit a lot and may write a couple longer and complicated concepts with upgrade system on novax station involved, or more novaxes per station acting in some area arond center without ability to go further unless there is another novax station...

-Fix engineers reclaiming with factory attack move
-Fix time and resource difference between reclaiming groups of trees and separated trees.
-Add new taunts http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBtUVJIKOX0
BalanceVictim wrote:I tried it out, and yes, the anti-torpedo is a useful tool now. Sadly, the rest of the unit is still extremely weak compared to any other frig
Apofenas
Contributor

Has liked: 179 times
Been liked: 180 times
FAF User Name: Apofenas

Postby klaviqula » 31 Aug 2015, 17:27

You trust rank system and balance then you face a disaster 500 player play like 0 because he didnt play for a while. I think there must be info about player that indicates when he last time played

sorry for my english dont know well
klaviqula

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times
FAF User Name: klaviqula

Postby Morax » 31 Aug 2015, 18:09

I voted for "B" purely because of this statement: "Several smaller changes to make the game more accessible for newer players without reducing the depth of it"

Building the community and getting more players (esp competitive) is always the #1 priority as without players there is nothing.

The ideas and concepts in Option A are so vague it seems like it will take forever just to outline exactly what is intended to be done.

"The relation between t2 and t3 units"

We have to respect gay, lesbian, straight, "curious" these days so that is between t2 and t3. The community should not be able to vote on their personal dealings.

"Tied to that, the harb rush problem"

How soon is too soon? The dumb ass ass moved in with the harb at minute 10 and then was asked to put a ring on her finger. Screw that!

"The relation between t3 units itself (siege bots vs light t3 bots vs snipers, shield disruptor..)"

This is getting to be quite the orgy!

I'm going to stop there, but could you give some more info? ; )
Maps and Modifications Councilor

M&M Discord Channel

Come join us and help create content with the artists of FAF.
Morax
Councillor - Maps and Mods

Has liked: 1167 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: Morax

PreviousNext

Return to Balance Discussion