Make good use of jammer crystal?

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Make good use of jammer crystal?

Postby yeager » 25 Aug 2015, 00:08

we could always give sera late the jammer crystal as fourth experimental, maybe having the range of a t2 radar and costing 5000 e to operate, along with a formidable build cost, it would be really interesting to see, but demanding 4 t3 power plants to keep up even 2 of them.
This would also give people a real reason to play seraphim in long dragged out games
Last edited by yeager on 25 Aug 2015, 23:09, edited 2 times in total.
yeager
Evaluator

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 32 times
FAF User Name: Yeager

Re: probs a stupid idea but.......

Postby Col_Walter_Kurtz » 25 Aug 2015, 10:12

You mean 5k e to operate instead of 50k right?

I can't really say I was aware of the fact that Serpahim is considered weak in late game. Do you mean barely T3 stage where siege tanks get outclassed, or super late game? Because they have a good land experimental, decent navy and ok air. And the best game ender for the price. Only no T3 gunship but who builds those in FAF balance anyway?
Col_Walter_Kurtz
Priest

Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 45 times
FAF User Name: Apocalypse_Now

Postby yeager » 25 Aug 2015, 13:48

Yes, I did mean 5k.

Sera t3 is, well, I won't go into that, but I think we can all agree it needs help.

Sera late game:
The exp bomber is useless (except as mercy) on late game, soul reaper and czar can at least be used for defense, but the bomber cannot. the ythothia is nice early game, but sucks late game because if you march 5 in vs say 4 gcs the gcs will do better because: they have better defenses with them, everytime they kill a ythothia it starts to damage the next one. So although it's a good exp you can't spam them or use them with other units (except sniperbots). the nuke is ok, but why not get a salvation or Scathis? They are easier to rush (especially if you use sacrifice with scus) and get the job done equally well. so all in all there isn't a reason to go sera, you don't even get eye of Rihanna or Soothsayer, which is why I proposed the jammer crystal
yeager
Evaluator

Postby Mechsangoku » 25 Aug 2015, 16:05

Well, Sera in BO are cool :)

I don't get what advantage will this give
Mechsangoku
Contributor

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 6 times
FAF User Name: mechsangoku

Postby yeager » 25 Aug 2015, 16:50

Mechsangoku wrote:Well, Sera in BO are cool :)

I don't get what advantage will this give

Sneaking drops, exp bombers, constantly confusion your enemy, ect. Imagine the uef frigates jamming, over a 20 km area, the only thing is it would need to only apply to the enemy team, or the blips could be the player's color, so they know. Otherwise it's not a lot of an advantage.
yeager
Evaluator

Postby ZeRen » 25 Aug 2015, 16:53

I just learn new thing sera T4 bomber can't be used for defence 8-)

that is like say nuke cant be used for defence :D
ZeRen
Evaluator

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 49 times
FAF User Name: ZeRen

Postby yeager » 25 Aug 2015, 16:57

Lol I guess you can technically use it...
Well without some really good micro (it's harder now) the bomber can't kill a fat boy, the shield comes back on too quickly. it's really strong vs un shielded t2 and t3 armies it's just not that good vs experimentals.
yeager
Evaluator

Postby yeager » 25 Aug 2015, 22:56

Well, I am not arguing it is a great unit. But is it right that Seraphim are reduced to such an unrealistic and boring tactic late game? it's just not right, and if butt hurt players have there way (which history suggests they will) the bal team will probs net it without bufing anything else...
yeager
Evaluator

Postby KD7BCH » 27 Aug 2015, 05:48

briang wrote:The exp bomber is literally the best experimental in the game if you have air control, sera late game really doesn't need help.

Laughable, if you have air control you could build a dozen T3 bombers for less than half the mass and 1/8 the energy never mind build time, and be able to whip ass with that. Asswasher is a pretty poor use of mass for Sera with a lot of risk involved if you dont control air.

If by exploiting bomber after making an initial bomb run and pausing it over the ACU or just pausing it and dropping the bomber right on the ACU yeah, great ploy, and I'll bet you make a good number of banlists doing that bs too.
The Gun Down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPmuSnJiV0o
KD7BCH
Priest

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 12 times
FAF User Name: KD7BCH

Re: Make good use of jammer crystal?

Postby speed2 » 27 Aug 2015, 07:36

This is quite annoying for some people that will shout loudly if jammer crystal is added. Tested on my map :D
Else Im against since jammer crystals arent seraphim units. They afe from the planet Blu Sky iirc. :P
speed2
Contributor

Has liked: 636 times
Been liked: 1119 times
FAF User Name: speed2

Next

Return to Balance Discussion