Quick Idea

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Re: Quick Idea

Postby Reaper Zwei » 29 Aug 2015, 07:47

yeager wrote:It would be fine against the percivals ( you are insane if you think this warrants that much extra mass ) and all you need to do is change the fire rate so it over kills harbingers similar to the Thaam vs mantis ( if it wasn't for fire rate Thaam would own mantis, but they usually tie)

Thaam and mantis tie 'cause they have relatively equal stats. With your idea to put all the dps of othuum in the top canon the stats would not be relatively equal to harbs. othuum would have more health, more dps and more range. You suggest to change fire rate so that it over kills a lot but that sounds like front loading to me, so you would basically be creating a percy with only slightly less range than actual percy and it would also have AOE. To be balanced that would need a mass cost increase. Maybe not as much as percies but still a good bit more than they are now.
Reaper Zwei
Priest

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 18 times
FAF User Name: Reaper_Zwei

Postby KD7BCH » 29 Aug 2015, 21:08

Gorton wrote:When the problem is that t3 land is significantly stronger than t2 (much more significant than t2 -> t1 ) ....

Can I ask why is a problem for land but when we talk about ASFs and air it isn't a problem and by design by rights how it should be or do you disagree with that?
The Gun Down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPmuSnJiV0o
KD7BCH
Priest

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 12 times
FAF User Name: KD7BCH

Postby Gorton » 29 Aug 2015, 21:12

KD7BCH wrote:
Gorton wrote:When the problem is that t3 land is significantly stronger than t2 (much more significant than t2 -> t1 ) ....

Can I ask why is a problem for land but when we talk about ASFs and air it isn't a problem and by design by rights how it should be or do you disagree with that?

I also think that's a problem.

However, part of that problem is map design. The way many maps are, there's an issue where there's no lengthy t1/t2 air in teamgames since t3 air dominates both and is hard to defend against.
"who is this guy, he didnt play gpg or what?" - RA_ZLO

*FAF Moderator*
Gorton
Councillor - Moderation

Has liked: 1067 times
Been liked: 455 times
FAF User Name: Gorton

Postby yeager » 30 Aug 2015, 00:31

Reaper, look at the stats, then put them in a 1v1 they tie or the mantis wins, entirely because of the fire rate and muzzle velocity, if it wasn't for that a thaam would win hands down. You can create a similar experience here, as for it being similar to the percival, I guess that's kinda true, but it would be stronger for skrimishing and weaker vs large groups. It would sit between the harbinger and percival very nicely, and it is still A LOT different from the percival. I'm not saying this is the way to go, just that your reason for why it is bad isn't the best.
yeager
Evaluator

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 32 times
FAF User Name: Yeager

Postby Gorton » 30 Aug 2015, 01:52

briang wrote:T3 air is significantly harder to reach and more expensive than T3 land.

It's still easily rushable, and the other tiers are almost worthless against t3 air.

And by that, I mean all their qualities: speed and power.
"who is this guy, he didnt play gpg or what?" - RA_ZLO

*FAF Moderator*
Gorton
Councillor - Moderation

Has liked: 1067 times
Been liked: 455 times
FAF User Name: Gorton

Postby Reaper Zwei » 30 Aug 2015, 08:12

yeager wrote:Reaper, look at the stats, then put them in a 1v1 they tie or the mantis wins, entirely because of the fire rate and muzzle velocity, if it wasn't for that a thaam would win hands down. You can create a similar experience here, as for it being similar to the percival, I guess that's kinda true, but it would be stronger for skrimishing and weaker vs large groups. It would sit between the harbinger and percival very nicely, and it is still A LOT different from the percival. I'm not saying this is the way to go, just that your reason for why it is bad isn't the best.

My issue with your idea is that currently othuum is relatively equal to slightly stronger than harb. Your change would make it way stronger against harb. I don't mind the idea just that if your going to make it that much stronger you need to raise the mass cost or bring down the range or something else so that's its not completely imbalanced against harbs. And making it overkill isn't going to make it weaker its going to make it stronger like percy. frontloadedness of percies weapon is one of its strengths, get enough of them and they can one shot other t3 tanks. You also want to add aoe and that will make it even stronger. It will be able to damage several units at once if they get to close together. That combined with frontloadedness...... just think if percies had aoe.......
Reaper Zwei
Priest

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 18 times
FAF User Name: Reaper_Zwei

Postby yeager » 30 Aug 2015, 16:21

If you shoot the Harb 3 times it has another 100 hp left, you now have to wait 3-6 seconds to kill the Harb, while it keeps dealing damage, I know that's not actually how many shots it would take, or how much hp it would have left, but you get the idea, this makes it waste dps on harbs, allowing them to still do well. But honestly I'd rather buff the athana then the oothum, as that would fix seraphim t3 quite nicely. Although if briang wants a rework I suggest giving the scu a regen field weaker than that of the acu, so you could mix them in and have a very strong late game t3:
yeager
Evaluator

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 32 times
FAF User Name: Yeager

Previous

Return to Balance Discussion