Cybran ACU > t2 level+ = useless?

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Re: Cybran ACU > t2 level+ = useless?

Postby ZLO_RD » 22 Aug 2015, 13:16

Reaper Zwei wrote:
ZLO_RD wrote:Upgraide that does not allow enemy to know how much hp you got left would buff cyb com and fit in faction style, not sure if technically possible thought

Maybe that's what cloak ought to do even when you have onmi. You just appear as a gray dot.

Instead of stealth > cloak make stealth > new mid tier upgrade > cloak
New upgrade cost like nano, gives 1/3 hp of nano and 1/3 of regen but also adds some intel utility...

For example pulse cloak that acts similar to chrono, but instead of emp does area stealth for 1-2 sec...

Edit makes sence to have it in same slot as tele and ras

Also it is just a good idea to me, but not sure if cybran need this, or maybe add it but nerf alot...
http://www.youtube.com/user/dimatularus
http://www.twitch.tv/zlo_rd
TA4Life: "At the very least we are not slaves to the UI"
ZLO_RD
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 400 times
FAF User Name: ZLO

Postby --- » 22 Aug 2015, 14:54

This thread finally turned into what I had in mind: a discussion on the current stage and possible alternatives with regard to ACUs (well, the Cybran one for now). If there will be changes is a whole different topic. Thanks for all the input!
Maybe it would be a good idea to have a look at the ACU upgrades in general. Take the UEF teleport ugrade. Has it ever been used in a game. Like, EVER???? :lol: It seems to me that if an upgrade is chosen in less than 1 % of the games - it's simply a wasted upgrade slot and a missed opportunity for having fun.
To clarify: it's not about making units imba/op. Quite the contrary. It's about having fun and interesting upgrades that actually matter and give new strategic options.
---
Priest

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 192 times

Postby JaggedAppliance » 22 Aug 2015, 15:13

ZLO_RD wrote:
Reaper Zwei wrote:
ZLO_RD wrote:Upgraide that does not allow enemy to know how much hp you got left would buff cyb com and fit in faction style, not sure if technically possible thought

Maybe that's what cloak ought to do even when you have onmi. You just appear as a gray dot.

Instead of stealth > cloak make stealth > new mid tier upgrade > cloak
New upgrade cost like nano, gives 1/3 hp of nano and 1/3 of regen but also adds some intel utility...

For example pulse cloak that acts similar to chrono, but instead of emp does area stealth for 1-2 sec...

Edit makes sence to have it in same slot as tele and ras

Also it is just a good idea to me, but not sure if cybran need this, or maybe add it but nerf alot...

I like this idea, stealth+gun is only good early, this would give cybran com a bit longer in the field before having to hide. It still wouldn't be close to shield or nano coms which is good. Obviously it would need to be balanced carefully.
"and remember, u are a noob, u don’t have any rights to disagree" - Destructor

My Youtube channel with casts > https://www.youtube.com/c/jaggedappliance
My Twitch > https://www.twitch.tv/jaggedappliance
JaggedAppliance
Councillor - Balance

Has liked: 734 times
Been liked: 313 times
FAF User Name: JaggedAppliance

Postby Shai--Hulud » 22 Aug 2015, 20:06

Jesus. Don't you dare touching the UEF teleport upgrade. Best thing on FAF ever. If you want to end the game: just invest tons of eco in it and telport whereever so you can be killed right away. Best game ender ever. So op. Get's the job done everytime.

=> replace it with something useful please. thanks you.
The Spice Must Flow.
Shai--Hulud

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 25 times
FAF User Name: Shai-Hulud

Postby Reaper Zwei » 22 Aug 2015, 22:50

Maybe the tele upgrade in general could be made cheaper or something so that it could be used more often(probably would need some balancing).
Reaper Zwei
Priest

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 18 times
FAF User Name: Reaper_Zwei

Postby Plasma_Wolf » 24 Aug 2015, 12:10

Cybran Stealth + Gun outranges the vision of the T2 point defence. It also outranges the ACU omni, with the exception of the Aeon upgraded omni. That's where you play the Cybran T2 ACU game. It takes a lot of attention though, but that's the case with every ACU.
Plasma_Wolf
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 91 times
FAF User Name: Plasma_Wolf

Postby ZeRen » 24 Aug 2015, 15:16

Plasma_Wolf wrote:Cybran Stealth + Gun outranges the vision of the T2 point defence. It also outranges the ACU omni, with the exception of the Aeon upgraded omni. That's where you play the Cybran T2 ACU game. It takes a lot of attention though, but that's the case with every ACU.

yea and you need 1 intie to counter it :lol:
ZeRen
Evaluator

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 49 times
FAF User Name: ZeRen

Postby speed2 » 24 Aug 2015, 15:24

ZeRen wrote:
Plasma_Wolf wrote:Cybran Stealth + Gun outranges the vision of the T2 point defence. It also outranges the ACU omni, with the exception of the Aeon upgraded omni. That's where you play the Cybran T2 ACU game. It takes a lot of attention though, but that's the case with every ACU.

yea and you need 1 intie to counter it :lol:

against someone completely stupid yes, else many more
speed2
Contributor

Has liked: 636 times
Been liked: 1119 times
FAF User Name: speed2

Postby theeggroll » 24 Aug 2015, 15:57

I had a com on com action game a while ago, my ACU survived quite well into full t3 phase against uef, killing his percys as well as dodging Janus and going head to head with his ACU, I was actually doing quite well but I forgot to dodge one round of Janus and died. Any ACU can last a very long time if micro'd correctly. (I was bound to lose because I was behind in other manners, sun as losing expansions, the main reason I lost)

As an avid cybran player I don't have a problem with how paper the ACU is, at t2 phase it gets risky to have just a t2/gun com out and about anyways, and even sheild/nano acus can die to t3 units, so I'd rather put my resources into bricks then into more com upgrades
GMT - 6 http://spooky.github.io/unitdb/#/
When in doubt, Blame Gorton
theeggroll
Priest

Has liked: 228 times
Been liked: 98 times
FAF User Name: theeggroll

Postby keyser » 24 Aug 2015, 17:15

Well it depends of what you want to do.
With bricks you can attack several spot at the same time. Allowing to kill some expensions.

But if you want to go all in with your com and your army. In a big 1 push. I would go shield. A well microed acu with shield/gun can do so much damage. It s way more cost effective than putting your eco into more t3.
Just get shield + range as aeon. You can face big army of t3 bot. The best way as usual is to face the percy 1 by 1. And not when there is 10. But OC aoe still does great against pack of unit.
When opponent army is cleaned up, send your harbis to deal the damage to the base.
Shield acu are really powerfull unit.
Zockyzock:
VoR is the clan of upcoming top players now
keyser
Councillor - Game

Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 540 times
FAF User Name: keyser

PreviousNext

Return to Balance Discussion