seraphim Cruiser

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

seraphim Cruiser

Postby yeager » 10 Aug 2015, 16:35

Can we increase the missile strength slightly? I know it does more damage than its uef counterpart and pays for this with the lack of a deck gun and a lower hp missile, but a single tmd can deny 2 seraphim cruisers, while the same tmd can't even deny 1 uef cruiser, so can we increase the seraphim cruisers missle hp so that 2 cruisers can fairly easily break a tmd?
Right now uef has more hp, more range, a deck gun, and a tmd breaking missle. While sera in turn gets more damage on both the missle and aa, a lot more; and although this seems fair in theory the difference on the battlefield is when there is no tmd seraphim gets the job done faster, but if there is even 1tmd uef is the only one of any use, I'm not asking for huge change, just that this one is less drastic
also a cruiser cost 2000 mass while a tmd cost 280, is it too much to ask that 2 cruisers, or 4000 mass can break though a 280 mass defense?
Last edited by yeager on 10 Aug 2015, 20:05, edited 1 time in total.
yeager
Evaluator

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 32 times
FAF User Name: Yeager

Re: seraphim Cruiser

Postby ZLO_RD » 10 Aug 2015, 17:05

Short ansver is no, because there is probably not enought reason for that...

Well if you somehow think that we should buff it, i would suggest make it more rapid fire but less dps...
So it actually will become worse, but better against tmd... I guess that is what you want right? Less faction diversity?

Or you can do opposite and will increase divercity...
Or you can nerf uef cruiser instead of buffing sera...

So your argument is that sera fire rate and more dps don't stand against effectiveness of uef cruiser... But following that logic you could also suggest buffing uef destro... Units don't alsways have to be balanced, it is ok if one faction has best one... Otherwise it would be boring...
http://www.youtube.com/user/dimatularus
http://www.twitch.tv/zlo_rd
TA4Life: "At the very least we are not slaves to the UI"
ZLO_RD
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 400 times
FAF User Name: ZLO

Postby yeager » 10 Aug 2015, 17:26

yeah I get what your saying, but It would be nice if two 2000 mass cruisers had a chance against 1 280 mass defense unit :p
And if faction diversity is so important why wa it so horrible that sera tac pack was better than uef? I always though that was relatively logical, sera gets better tac pack, uef gets better cruiser, but if the beta is pushed through than shouldn't we also equalize the cruiser a little? Nothing else in the game is as ineffective vs tmd, and I'm not asking for a huge change, just that if I spend 4000 mass I have a chance of breaking a 280 mass defense.
yeager
Evaluator

Postby ZLO_RD » 10 Aug 2015, 17:58

yeager wrote:yeah I get what your saying, but It would be nice if two 2000 mass cruisers had a chance against 1 280 mass defense unit :p
And if faction diversity is so important why wa it so horrible that sera tac pack was better than uef? I always though that was relatively logical, sera gets better tac pack, uef gets better cruiser, but if the beta is pushed through than shouldn't we also equalize the cruiser a little? Nothing else in the game is as ineffective vs tmd, and I'm not asking for a huge change, just that if I spend 4000 mass I have a chance of breaking a 280 mass defense.

I can agree about ineffectiveness, but often there are many many places that you need to protect, and as more cruisers you add it gets harder and harder to defend and you end with many many defencive bunkers that all can fall once critical mass of cruisers will targetfire them... It is indeed can be a big weakness for sera, that after winning navy with destros or t3 subs, there will be not much to attack base with, but you can use arty drops to snipe tmd :p
Seraphim is a kinda sad faction if you do not use drops.

Acu tml is different story, it was inconsistent and passing tmd feature was to strong...
http://www.youtube.com/user/dimatularus
http://www.twitch.tv/zlo_rd
TA4Life: "At the very least we are not slaves to the UI"
ZLO_RD
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 400 times
FAF User Name: ZLO

Postby yeager » 10 Aug 2015, 18:26

Well seraphim'a cruiser is made for destroying bases, and frankly it sucks at it any more than 4 min into the t2 stage. The battleship is also poor vs bases because it sits lower in the water and lacks the extra arc on the shells it needs to compensate (of your wondering where this comes in look at waters of Isis an ozone replays) you could help the battle ship with its shells, help the cruiser like I suggested, or even do what I suggested to the cruiser to the carrier.
yeager
Evaluator

Postby JaggedAppliance » 10 Aug 2015, 18:43

Well on ozone or waters of isis every mex in the base will have tmd early on. Most maps have much more spread out mexes and it would be very costly to protect them all with tmd. I think the sera cruiser is a powerful unit right now and doesn't need a buff.
"and remember, u are a noob, u don’t have any rights to disagree" - Destructor

My Youtube channel with casts > https://www.youtube.com/c/jaggedappliance
My Twitch > https://www.twitch.tv/jaggedappliance
JaggedAppliance
Councillor - Balance

Has liked: 734 times
Been liked: 313 times
FAF User Name: JaggedAppliance

Postby yeager » 10 Aug 2015, 18:48

But it's not like that's anyharder for the uef cruiser to do
yeager
Evaluator

Postby yeager » 10 Aug 2015, 21:47

Yeah but the battleship is even an issue on setons, it has a much harder time getting over the cliff. I totally agree the seraphim cruiser is better vs the shield boat, but it's pretty marginal isn't it? And if a cruiser is near the outside of the shield it can shoot them down before they hit. I'm not sure about factory lock, I mean vs a land factory it would be better, but vs naval factory is kinda hard to notice don't you think? At any degree you are right. all things considered I think I'm gonna put it in a mod when I am able and see how it works out
yeager
Evaluator

Return to Balance Discussion