Formation and movement of ships

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Re: Formation and movement of ships

Postby Col_Walter_Kurtz » 03 Aug 2015, 16:08

briang wrote:The extra work separates good players from bad. Dumbing down micro isn't the direction anybody wants to go with this game. Cough cough *PA*

Getting an edge over your opponent through good micro is ok, having to use micro just to move your ships in a remotely acceptable manner is not. You should not have to compensate for bad design with constant micro.

I have played PA, but forgot what they did to micro of unit movement.
Col_Walter_Kurtz
Priest

Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 45 times
FAF User Name: Apocalypse_Now

Postby SpoCk0nd0pe » 04 Aug 2015, 16:11

briang wrote:The extra work separates good players from bad. Dumbing down micro isn't the direction anybody wants to go with this game. Cough cough *PA*

You should definitely try defend your castle ;)
SpoCk0nd0pe

Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 37 times
FAF User Name: SpoCk0nd0pe

Postby BrotherTerran » 19 Aug 2015, 21:12

I'm with Zoram on this one. I would think more customized formation especially on Navy would be a welcome strategic addition if it is possible. Micro while effective is also a huge time taker from the rest of the war happening and economy that always needs work. I don't think it takes away, but can add yet another level of customized strategy to the game. The current navy formations are horrid the spacing is way way to much. shield boats are hardly effective as they should be.
BrotherTerran
Crusader

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 3 times
FAF User Name: BrotherTerran

Postby BrotherTerran » 19 Aug 2015, 23:40

A new type of movement command? How do you mean? Like move in formation command or something.
BrotherTerran
Crusader

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 3 times
FAF User Name: BrotherTerran

Postby =M.V.K.= » 20 Aug 2015, 00:14

Given what might be say "friendly" and say "Defensive vs Offensive" "Prone"..the current say situation has probably some of say the better regards to say place with what is still probably just a "Movement" "stance" of "gameplay function" that is say "built-in" the release for how it works..

To say like the worth of "different means of fire", would say that what is is as good still then rather then just still having what is to say for as..but that "could' still say be of such as as such for such though..

Like the "sub thing" would still say though probably for "flanks" is as effective given "movement" is not to say just for the sides..which say for the "negative" should be..So if say still least is such, what does the middle have to say?? That if still say pressed to point of "broadside" subs are out?? I don't know for sure but don't think so sometimes..but by then what is range??

eventually think it just comes down to say "fleet" sizes and how they tend to make a difference against say the "task group"..

And movement says place of put against to go has no position?? I don't know, but if so maybe basic that basically any "point click" would offset..but if say left alone would not be good?? Maybe for "stats/meta"..still is not say point-click difference still for not??

Movement of ships seems better to say might be of change, but how do ships really move?? and in say a "Sci-Fi" set matters how much??

Thx..
=M.V.K.=
Spammer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times
FAF User Name: MVK_

Postby =M.V.K.= » 04 Sep 2015, 21:53

What part/parts?? If you don't mind me asking anyways..sorry..
=M.V.K.=
Spammer

Postby ckitching » 04 Sep 2015, 22:13

=M.V.K.= wrote:What part/parts?

The words.
ckitching

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 69 times
FAF User Name: ckitching

Postby =M.V.K.= » 04 Sep 2015, 22:43

Don't think I had "mentioned" "words" let alone "word" in that post..but of word does say "words" yes?? Given A and I has no difference for "wording" still, right?? But letters are not say another "story/post"..I can understand that if that is what you are trying to say for, "The words"..anyways..sorry..

Otherwise im lost on , "Sorian" to say for wording for use of as to say find for when of such more on together to say to be still probably from the difference given formations and movement of ships found for a difference is probably where it might go to be for what is..but probably still a long shot..2 anyways..sorry..

"The words.."
=M.V.K.=
Spammer

Postby =M.V.K.= » 04 Sep 2015, 23:34

Where??

And for all words, seems to me at least , would be a "stretch" to say is, but a "stretch" is still a good word, yes??
=M.V.K.=
Spammer

Postby IceDreamer » 04 Sep 2015, 23:34

MVK, sorry, but your posts never make any sense at all. Here, a bit of advice for you to help make it more understandable - From now on, never, EVER use the " symbol. Ever. Please.
IceDreamer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 488 times

PreviousNext

Return to Balance Discussion