Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Re: future of SCUs

Postby keyser » 18 Aug 2015, 10:43

Well you sais it.
Cybran is incredebly strong againt t1/t2/t3
Uef is really strong against everything
Aeon is kinda weaker
And sera is eating exp alive.

Yes on paper they aren't that op, but they can dodge 90 % of percy shot if well micro making it really really strong. They are high reward micro unit.

They want to keep usefull feature, but making them less strong as assault unit. So that they are real support unit.
Zockyzock:
VoR is the clan of upcoming top players now
keyser
Councillor - Game

Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 540 times
FAF User Name: keyser

Postby Apofenas » 18 Aug 2015, 13:43

I think SCUs are an option to make a proper balance between t3 and t4 in late game. I really dislike experimentals that can be built super fast, but don't win t3 units mass for mass in a direct fight.

I'm a fan of diamond mod feature, where SCUs are only units capable of building experimental. In that mod you need 16k(not sure) mass just to get 1st SCU out and start an experimental. That would allow t4s to become real experimentals with slow build time and enough fire power to fight its own against mass sufficient amount of t3 units in direct fight.

This would create 2 problems: 1)aeon/seraphim would be stack with harbs/othuums against bricks/percivals for a long time;
2)Mega is expensive and spider is not a match for a GC or Ythota(without loyalist stun abuse) and Uef doesn't have direct fire experimental at all;

This is where SCUs would come in and solve both problems. Combat unit:Concept of aeon shield combatant preset is good solution of 1st problem. These ones are cheap, tanky, have low dps, huge AOE and 40 range, so they would kite and force percivals in close range to harbs. So it would make micro intensive, but possible to win. Support unit:Add chrono upgrade to aeon and restoration field to seraphim SCUs.
For the 2d problem i would use 2 concepts from current UEF SCU. Combat unit: making 10k cost rambo capable of facing direct fire experimentals; Support unit: making 2d shield easier to get and keep double shield-omni or double shield-double gun SCU with fatboy or percies.
All other combat capabilities remove or tweak, so intence microed SCUs with them would barelly win t3 mass for mass.

This concept is a bit complicated, but creates proper tech level distribution t1->t2->t3->SCUs->Exp.
BalanceVictim wrote:I tried it out, and yes, the anti-torpedo is a useful tool now. Sadly, the rest of the unit is still extremely weak compared to any other frig
Apofenas
Contributor

Has liked: 179 times
Been liked: 180 times
FAF User Name: Apofenas

Postby yeager » 18 Aug 2015, 15:55

No one likes reworks, but that would be nice to try
yeager
Evaluator

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 32 times
FAF User Name: Yeager

Postby keyser » 19 Aug 2015, 10:08

Not sure why you are saying that briang.
I don t like the idea of having exp like real titan that if you suceed to build win the game.
I m ok for getting their bt up with a little buff if needed, but i still think they are good balance atm because they are weaker than t3 but stronger if you can take good engagement and vet it up
Zockyzock:
VoR is the clan of upcoming top players now
keyser
Councillor - Game

Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 540 times
FAF User Name: keyser

Postby Apofenas » 19 Aug 2015, 15:14

Well, this is just an idea. Probably if something like this will ever get in FAF, it would be really well designed and balanced. However i got to say that t4s can be stronger against special kind of t3s. Example is spider bot which can kill infinite amount of titans, loyalists, harbs, othuums if it is microed, but does terribly bad against percivals and bricks. Another example i saw in Ithilis' balance mod, where GC could non-stop suck and insta kill t3 units with its tractor claws from 40 range, which made expensive and slow percivals far less valible than cheap and fast titans.
BalanceVictim wrote:I tried it out, and yes, the anti-torpedo is a useful tool now. Sadly, the rest of the unit is still extremely weak compared to any other frig
Apofenas
Contributor

Has liked: 179 times
Been liked: 180 times
FAF User Name: Apofenas

Postby Korbah » 19 Aug 2015, 16:19

Definitely agree about formalising t4 as a distinct tier apofenas
Korbah

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 12 times
FAF User Name: Korbah