Summit Summation

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Re: Summit Summation

Postby Vee » 04 Jul 2015, 01:21

@icedreamer: That's not true at all. Stealth is good but having UEF is way, way, way better. You only need a scout once, then your ships get their targets until the unit is dead. Decent players will also target all enemy battleships with your battleships, and then they even kill multiple units before you need to scout again. Nevertheless it's good to have a constant scout spam, which is very cheap in the lategame anyway.
Last edited by Vee on 04 Jul 2015, 01:21, edited 1 time in total.
Vee
Evaluator

Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 225 times
FAF User Name: Vee

Postby zeroAPM » 05 Jul 2015, 12:54

briang wrote:What map is t3 navy most often used? Seton's

How is Seton's played? Random Slot + Random faction

Why is this a problem? Because if there is UEF on a team the naval players will take UEF tech and build UEF navy.

Why do they do that? Because there is no reason not to considering nothing can challenge properly played UEF T3 navy.

You know who else supports Summit nerf? Name any 2k+ player you've ever heard of in your life (including BH)

So we're balancing the UEF on Setons while the other factions get balanced on 1v1?
zeroAPM
Priest

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 52 times
FAF User Name: Impressingbutton

Postby speed2 » 05 Jul 2015, 13:49

burnstreet wrote:
briang wrote:You know who else supports Summit nerf? Name any 2k+ player you've ever heard of in your life (including BH)

I believe it when they post that themselves :!: :mrgreen:

speed2, rating 2100, summit dominates all, happy? :P
speed2
Contributor

Has liked: 636 times
Been liked: 1119 times
FAF User Name: speed2

Postby Iszh » 05 Jul 2015, 14:06

Ok you are all so offtopic i will try to bring you back to the original argument :mrgreen:

My proposals to fix navy:
-Increase Range of t3 cybran Battleship to 3Km
-Increase Range of t3 Seraphim battleship to 3km
-Decrease mass cost of Tempest to 20.000.-
-Increase speed of Omen to 4
-Increase torrent life to 35.000.-

And additionally to balance i like the idea of this e cost for t3 ships to reduce their number. And the time to reach a big number of them in general. Reviving t2 Navy on seton a bit.

New intended picture of Navy:
UEF Bs is still the best (percival syndrom of low fire rate)
Other Battleships dont have this mega disadvantage of Range which was imba
Aeon has a faction difference :lol: tempest should be balance to be a fair unit which can compete mass to mass to other battleships and Omen is a battlecruiser type for aeon. It was always a bit meant like this just watching the muzzle velocity of omen gun which is double compared to all other factions battleships.
And torrent this if offered just because the weather is good and it has quite low life compared to other t3 8k mass navy.

Questions?
Iszh
Evaluator

Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 126 times
FAF User Name: Iszh

Postby Iszh » 05 Jul 2015, 17:42

This so called trademark is in fact what makes it op :shock: i am UEF Player myself and i can live with other factions battleships having 3km range because i feel so sorry for other when my battleships are sending out those smashing clouds of bullets to enemy ships and they cant even answer. When i feel sorry for my enemy something is wrong ...
Iszh
Evaluator

Postby Deering » 06 Jul 2015, 01:29

I think DPS is probably the best stat to drop as well. Its already super slow and has a huge reload, so you are looking at damage, range, health, cost pretty much. One of its strengths is the ability for a few summits to volley other capital ships straight up. Reduced damage would let other ships have a chance for fire back (until you got a few more summits). Maybe cost increase and dps decrease? It can still be stronger than other factions, just not by so far a margin.
Deering
Evaluator

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 41 times
FAF User Name: Deering

Postby =M.V.K.= » 06 Jul 2015, 02:32

But leaving other factions for lesser gaps would say place seem to increase theirs stats even random and gain that edge to the difference if not already of course though and seems still to me anyways, it's in the rates of things, like turn rate, firing rate, "movement" rate ( like forwards and backwards) whenever that happens which usually isn't very often but on turns seems to me it happens once and awhile.., "accuracy" rates ( turrets turning and aiming), secondary rates (torps, torp defense, etc) and what other rates might be..

Torps and stuff my still be treated as primary though for those worth fors..

Thx..
=M.V.K.=
Spammer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times
FAF User Name: MVK_

Postby Iszh » 06 Jul 2015, 07:01

DPS lowering is to much in my opinion. It will be hell difficult to find a good value not to make them useless. I can see already the result is that uef t3 navy is the most weak in the end ...
Iszh
Evaluator

Postby Iszh » 06 Jul 2015, 08:25

It sounds good and i could easily add it to a mod but i doubt anybody (1600+ people on seton) will play it. We have to ask them because just making another useless mod will not happen. I dont want to spam the mod vault :mrgreen:
I have an idea how to do this, i will take care in the evening.
Iszh
Evaluator

Postby Iszh » 06 Jul 2015, 21:24

Foley told me they would test something like this but they had other ideas. They would simply increase cost of uef battlehip and if this is not enough reduce range. But the range is unique and everybody likes it so i would like the idea to make those 2 things, increase mass cost for uef Battleship to 10.000 And additional do what i proposed before the e cost for battleship guns. According to my list uef is taking far the most e for shooting which increases the initial cost even more. They have anyways battlecruiser and shields before. There are to many ways to change this maybe we should do a survey. I would prefer foleys idea with increased cost + the idea with e cost for all battleships.

And there is something personal i would like if it is possible. The battlecruiser feels like an alien in uef army with this terrible beam. Maybe it is possible to replace it with a real uef weapon a t3 ravager gatling in front and back with high bullet speed to reach the same effect like this beam. I would love it if somebody can do this just to see all those enemy navies burning in the fire of this blue gatling :twisted:
Iszh
Evaluator

PreviousNext

Return to Balance Discussion