Equilibrium

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Re: Equilibrium

Postby Aulex » 31 May 2015, 07:26

To my understanding this more conventional style of balance is done because blodir and I guess ithilis feels that you can only use 1 or only a few strategies on map.
"Let's start beating ass and die" - drunk TA4Life

"Just because you have a d*** doesn't mean you need to be one...pussy" -Blackdeath

SCOUTING SAVES LIVES
http://imgur.com/YGk0W0o

How to play Sup Com by Ubilaz
http://goo.gl/je83z
Aulex
Contributor

Has liked: 299 times
Been liked: 225 times
FAF User Name: VoR_Aulex

Postby Ithilis_Quo » 31 May 2015, 10:53

Aulex wrote:To my understanding this more conventional style of balance is done because blodir and I guess ithilis feels that you can only use 1 or only a few strategies on map.

for the hell NO! :D my attemtion is going exaktly in oposite direction. When is revarding more as only one strategy on every map. From with you get this feeling and missunderstanding. And i do this "convential" balance only on 8 units from 450. And its not "convenvtial balance" its normal balance that is also normal use, i dont do it with different style as i was done on other units by gpg/comunity for years...
"Fixed in Equilibrium" Washy
Ithilis_Quo
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 395 times
Been liked: 181 times
FAF User Name: Ithilis

Postby Aulex » 31 May 2015, 11:00

I don't really understand what you wrote, but I have a feeling you misunderstood me so I'll be more clear. To my understanding you and blodir feel that the current balance only allows for 1 strategy on a map and you hope to try and expand this with your balance. Also the word conventional usually means the opposite of what you think it means, http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/conventional

"Just because you have a d*** doesn't mean you need to be one...pussy" -Blackdeath

SCOUTING SAVES LIVES

Aulex
Contributor

Postby Ithilis_Quo » 31 May 2015, 11:20

Apofenas, ok i approciate that you start be more concrete and constructive.

Spoiler: show
Apofenas wrote:It isn't only being balanced with one unit of one faction against other unit of other faction. For example othuum

Im not that dump to lock only on one units, i check everything that is around and posible can compte with outhum. Of course uef/aeon schield too. we can make closer lock on this situation:

Actual when you try sandbox outhum vs other T3 units, then you found that outhum with shield is strongest T3 units per mass(in normal game not my mod). But only on paper, in reality is outhum too slow, and have too low range in most of dps, what i was do with outhum was get him more speed, and distribute damage where 2/3 are on same range as have T2 units and 1/3 are on damage as have perci/bricks, so outhum can kite units with long range, but it is not damage that make in too strong. When you add shield inside, then win side that micro better, not that side that chose faction better. Percival have advantage that have more shield with that can reload after turn off, also have all dmg on big range so can kite. outhum have advantage that have more hp per mass, and win only when go on range of all guns that mean only when uef player dont micro. Before outhum was slower and have less range even on longer range so have no chance against microed percival, in my mod probably still lose, but not so hard.

Apofenas wrote:Take spearhead for example. In your balance mod it costs 532 mass just because you wanted it to cost equal as absolver

becasue it cost same as absolver, when move one must also other, otherwise make some units stronger as was and as want. It cost more mass, but have not only more damage, but have damage enought to kill T2 mex with single salve. what is more as slithli less(6%) dps per mass. Lowered natural hp advantage on mee seems legit when you check situation where enemy is not prepared against tml in first moment and you compare it with artilery that cost much more and have only 25% dps on base whitout tmd.

Apofenas wrote:ML will now be falling to 3 overcharges + 4k damage from anything(even t1 units since veterancy isn't problem). It's just became easier to kill ML with 2 or probably even 1 (gun+shield) ACU even though ACU stats vere changed a little.

in normal game ML get fall down also on 3 overcharges and 9K dmg.. gun have 2 less range what is exaktli 1,2second(becasue acu speed is 1,7) that can ml take damage where acu not. 4400x1,2=5280dmg that take ML more on acu as before. ==> acu is less effective by 280dmg as was before. But you are not first who complain about ML nerf, so i take closer look what can do with him, and how to make him stronger. (any suggestion?)
Ithilis_Quo
Supreme Commander

Postby Ithilis_Quo » 31 May 2015, 11:28

Aulex:

hmm yes i think that on some map are posible only feaw strategies and all others are only more funny but less effective.
For example is no reason build GC when someone have cybran ally and can build MEGA.
or is no reason build mega when someone have uef and can build rambo sacu.
is no reason to building nothing else as rambo sacu when is uef, everything is less effective.

is no reason build chronodumper, when you can build shield.
is no reason build uef NANO, when T2 give you half of regen, plenty of hp and also T2 build
is no reason use t2 gunship where someone reach T3 air
is no reason build air staging facility, when air have enought fuel for 16,40 min, and on 99% would not live long enought to reach pension
etc etc...
Ithilis_Quo
Supreme Commander

Postby Apofenas » 31 May 2015, 11:54

Ithilis_Quo wrote:becasue it cost same as absolver, when move one must also other, otherwise make some units stronger as was and as want. It cost more mass, but have not only more damage, but have damage enought to kill T2 mex with single salve. what is more as slithli less(6%) dps per mass. Lowered natural hp advantage on mee seems legit when you check situation where enemy is not prepared against tml in first moment and you compare it with artilery that cost much more and have only 25% dps on base whitout tmd.

I meaned the number of missles per mass. It was 3 missle valley per ~1.5 tmd, in your mod it's 3 missle valley per ~2 tmd. In FAF balance you need to accumulate a number of spear heads to effectively break through tmds and shielding. Now this time will be longer, so t3 arty will probably break faster through shields and as it isn't stopped by tmd and has decent AOE, it will be better choice.

Also check PMs. I wrote full feed back about your mod. I'm sure you will be buzy for some time :) .
BalanceVictim wrote:I tried it out, and yes, the anti-torpedo is a useful tool now. Sadly, the rest of the unit is still extremely weak compared to any other frig
Apofenas
Contributor

Has liked: 179 times
Been liked: 180 times
FAF User Name: Apofenas

Postby Aulex » 31 May 2015, 11:56

Ithilis_Quo wrote:Aulex:

hmm yes i think that on some map are posible only feaw strategies and all others are only more funny but less effective.
For example is no reason build GC when someone have cybran ally and can build MEGA.
or is no reason build mega when someone have uef and can build rambo sacu.
is no reason to building nothing else as rambo sacu when is uef, everything is less effective.

is no reason build chronodumper, when you can build shield.
is no reason build uef NANO, when T2 give you half of regen, plenty of hp and also T2 build
is no reason use t2 gunship where someone reach T3 air
is no reason build air staging facility, when air have enought fuel for 16,40 min, and on 99% would not live long enought to reach pension
etc etc...

Alright and are you trying to fix this with your mod?

SCOUTING SAVES LIVES

Aulex
Contributor

Postby Ithilis_Quo » 31 May 2015, 13:48

Aulex wrote:Alright and are you trying to fix this with your mod?

i fix all of it, and more of them
Ithilis_Quo
Supreme Commander

Postby speed2 » 31 May 2015, 13:58

What about some proper changelog that would show us all the changes in detail, units and all their stats how they were changed? (Example Mantis HP increased to X from Y, etc.) Cause this changelog isnt saying that much. More like: "things were changed, guess how people :P "
speed2
Contributor

Has liked: 636 times
Been liked: 1119 times
FAF User Name: speed2

Postby Ithilis_Quo » 31 May 2015, 14:08

Blodir is working on it right now,

but when you want to see what units stat was move then, open mode file and lock for .xsl excel file where are all stats of every units that i change. Its much better for see what is different and how.
Ithilis_Quo
Supreme Commander

PreviousNext

Return to Balance Discussion