Equilibrium

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Re: Equilibrium

Postby Elvangreen » 12 Feb 2017, 13:21

Hi,

I would just like to say great work on the mod, and i am really loving the "wrecks bounce off shields" mechanic.

A few of my personal observations are:

Auroras seem slightly nerfed, while the change to the fevror helps to balance that, any engagement with the enhanced medusas really hurts unless you put a fair amount of apm into micro.

I am having a lot of fun with the new CZAR, as the increase in buildrate and AA makes it very usefull as a mobile staging post and factory, and it really shines on larger maps, due to its mobility, rapid building, and powerfull AA making it very resilient even when discovered.

HOWEVER, he change from 3330 dps, to a mere 750 dps against moving targets makes it far less effective against ground armies. (the 2125 against building is completely reasonable, but when it takes 8 seconds for your giant death lazer to kill an unshielded Percival you know something is wrong (less than 3 secs in normal FAF)

I feel (after using it extensively) that the speed decrease (8 > 5) already implemented, already helps to decrease its OP power against ground units. As it stands, a shielded T2/T3 army with a liberal spread of AA is a target that is quite risky to assault without backup.

Overall the balance fine, but i feel that the CZAR should be a slow but powerful unit, (as portrayed in the vanilla Supcom), so i feel that the dps should be increased, even if it has to be at the cost of speed.

In a nutshell, if the CZAR gets above something, that something should be TOAST. (or squashed, but that's another matter) :D

with the greatest respect,

Elvangreen.

EDIT:

When some of my patrolling swiftwinds had to wait (landing as others were using the station) to refuel, once they had their turn they just landed again and did not resume patrolling. (possible bug). :?:

Also really looking forward to having my CZAR building while moving. (so i can have Build CZAR > Move into position > Unleash assault force, without needing the current "Build assault force" as that is when it is most vulnerable)

EDIT #2:

When trying to use the unit restrictor/manager with the mod installed all it shows is a few random units, can upload picture if needed.
Elvangreen

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: Elvangreen

Postby Exotic_Retard » 12 Feb 2017, 14:45

thanks for your great review.

the czar damage over time isnt something thats set in stone so we can have a look at tweaking that, but the general feel of the czar is intended to be slow + powerful, so if its not like that then it can be improved

another thing is that while the czar does take longer to kill a unit since it deals damage over time the dps just takes a bit to stack up - in the case of large armies one unit moving out of the damage means one unit moving into the damage so its not that much different, but it does mean that damage is spread across units more rather than being dealt to one at a time.

thanks for reporting about the patrol - i was under the impression no one ever used that xD
i guess this is a bug but off the top of my head it seems to be pretty difficult to fix... : (

please do send a screenshot about the unit restrictor/manager.

remember, if you like the mod the best way to support us is to play it! and yes the carrier changes are coming soon™!
Exotic_Retard
Contributor

Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 626 times
FAF User Name: Exotic_Retard

Postby Elvangreen » 13 Feb 2017, 04:21

Hi,

Thanks for the fast reply, i have been using the CZAR overtime, and i am now less concerned with the dps, as if i engage my targets with Harbies, they usually stop to shoot and get promptly vaporized by the CZAR, and it is now a terrifying air superiority unit and/or base defense. (and if you order it to attack ground you can get good area denial, this would become an actual strategy with more AoE, again to my personal inclination of reduce speed 5 > 4, and add more aoe rather than dps, making it better against armies and less of a "toast a fatboy/monkey/GC in seconds" unit)

With the patrol bug was on a betrayal islands, unmodded FAF, so i was using the patrol to reduce required apm. (And i can alleviate the problem by building more staging stations so its no big deal)

OK, as for the unit manager i am running the vault version rather than the featured version, @ beta v53.0.

OK, unfamiliar with the forums, how do i insert the image?.. do i need to upload it to a provider first then link to URL?

To replicate launch a vanilla FAF game then select the mod, then try to go into the unit manager.

P.S. Is a possible increase to aeon destro muzzle velocity on the cards?... would help to make it harder to counter with micro. (*Bias detected* :D (after more testing realized its already fixed)
Last edited by Elvangreen on 14 Feb 2017, 03:42, edited 1 time in total.
Elvangreen

Postby Wakke » 13 Feb 2017, 09:07

Exotic_Retard wrote:well time waits for no one, and we havent been doing nothing since last patch either.
so a new nay a new patch, or something along those lines at least.

this time we are super excited because we have done what was previously thought impossible - moving and building at the same time!
thats right, in Equilibrium you get to witness a fatboy running away while shitting bricks sparkies.

That sounds awesome, congratz!
Wakke

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 13 times

Postby Elvangreen » 13 Feb 2017, 11:42

Re: unit manager UI bug.

ok,

The Antares unit pack and the 3 Blackops Unleashed pack versions do not have the error, both work with the mod selected in the FAF lobby or in the in game lobby.

No idea why Eq works from the FAF, but not from the ingame lobby (main thing is that it works from the FAF, so my problem is solved).
Elvangreen

Postby Elvangreen » 16 Feb 2017, 09:58

Ok,

I am currently conducting some testing on T1 navy balance. watch this space.

>Submarines:

Spoiler: show
>>>>UEF

Cost: 500m 5000e

HP: 700

DPS:
>Angler torpedo: 75 dmg, Rate 2.00, DPS: 37, Range: 35
>Light plasma cannon: 25 dmg, Rate 1.00, DPS: 25, Range: 30

> TOTAL DPS: 62

Speed: 6

>>>>Aeon

HP: 675

DPS:
> Chrono torpedo: 150 dmg, Rate: 2.00, DPS: 75, Range: 35

> TOTAL DPS: 75

Speed: 7

>>>>Cybran

HP: 650

DPS:
> Nanite Torpedo: 160 dmg, Rate: 2.00, DPS: 80, Range: 35
>Light pulse laser: 10 dmg, Rate 0.50, DPS: 20, Range: 24

> TOTAL DPS: 100

Speed: 6.5

>>>>Seraphim

HP: 550

DPS:
> Uall cavitation Torpedo: 150 dmg, Rate: 2.00, DPS: 75, Range: 35
> Oh spectra cannon: 15 dmg, Rate 0.67, DPS: 22, Range: 24

TOTAL DPS: 97

Speed: 6.50

>>>>>>Recommendations:

Note 1: all subs cost the same.
Note 2: the seraphim sub also includes basic torpedo defense. (RoF 2, range 35)
Note 3: the aeon sub is the only one to lack a deck cannon.

As submerged dps goes:

cybran: 80
Seraphim / Aeon: 75
UEF: 37

SO

As the cybran is a clear outlier, with the highest submerged dps, AND a decent deck cannon, i would recommend the cybran sub has its torpedo damage decreased 160 > 150, resulting in submerged dps of 80 >75.

As the aeon sub is the only one without a deck cannon, i would recommend the aeon sub has its torpedo damage increased 150 > 170, resulting in submerged dps of 75 > 85. this would make it the best in its role, but still unable to surface to gain additional damage and to allow mex raids.

As the UEF sub is pathetic compared with the others (especially the cybran) i would REALLY recommend the UEF sub has its torpedo damage increased 75 > 110, resulting in submerged dps of 37 > 55. this would make it more competitive.

I would also recommend the UEF sub has its health increased 700 > 725, resulting in a little more factional difference, and making it a little more competitive again, OR i would increase the damage of its deck gun 25 > 30, to make it an interesting case of a sub that can also act as a good surface combatant, and making up for its slow speed when considering it for raids.

Now looking back at these changes, i see that the seraphim sub is basically an inferior version of the cybran sub, with only torpedo defence to make it stand out, so i propose increasing the range of both its torpedoes and torpedo defense 35 > 37. (remembering that it has the lowest health @ 550)

***Note: i am unsure how big a deal the torpedo defense is, so i leave it to you to decide how to tweak the sera sub to make it competitive.

Thankyou. (Frigate comparison coming next)
Elvangreen

Postby Exotic_Retard » 16 Feb 2017, 13:30

uhh well thanks for your testing, but your numbers arent quite accurate.
all the subs except the cybran one have the same dps - 75
the cybran one has a mighty 80 dps

they have a salvo size of 2 so vs each other they all draw.
vs everything else you will notice that the cyb has the least hp while uef has the most, but the difference is negligible, its intended to be mostly cosmetic.

the seraphim sub i would say is actually the best of all, in large numbers its torpedo defense becomes stronger.

the aeon sub has a higher speed due to no deck gun which actually gives it a nice advantage since it can catch and escape from all the other subs.
it also has a nice little feature where it has more vision radius when surfaced, instead of a gun.

lastly, all of these subs have received several hours of sandboxing as well as a couple of dozen real game tests, so based on that evidence i think they are fine.
Exotic_Retard
Contributor

Postby Exotic_Retard » 16 Feb 2017, 19:51

well, anyway, time for a new patch release of course.

as promised, the features in this one:

1. the enabling of building while moving on all mobile factories (so in addition to the fatboy thats the aircraft carriers, atlantis, czar and tempest.)
2. slight improvement to the corsair since that was experiencing buggy behaviour while shooting + turning
3. a couple of other small bugfixes here and there as usual.

the whole changelog can be viewed here:
http://equilibrium.x10host.com/changelog/

you can download the mod from the mod vault as:

Equilibrium_Beta v54

enjoy, and as always we look forward to your feedback and suggestions!
Exotic_Retard
Contributor

Postby Elvangreen » 17 Feb 2017, 02:54

Hi,

Ok, i was running the featured version of the mod and using the values provided by the ingame UI, so if it is incorrect i have no problem with you ignoring all my ideas.

And i did notice that the UEF performed better than the numbers suggested, and that the sera sub performs like a tech 1.5 sub/subhunter cross, so if its price is the same as the others, maybe it should be increased?

EDIT:

Ok, i have noticed something with the patch;

All the factories are the same unit type, and all have the same name ("Fatboy: Experimental mobile factory"). this obviously needs to be changed.

Thankyou
Elvangreen

Postby Exotic_Retard » 19 Feb 2017, 21:03

small patch time!

this time its mostly to announce that finally we put these changes into the featured version, but they are also available from the vault under

Equilibrium_Beta v55
but if you can please use the featured mod version instead!

1. here we changed the strategic icon for the factory module for the aircraft carriers:
2. and there were some other small balance fixes

This is what the carriers look like now:
also, if you didnt already know the helper factory units can only be seen by their owner so that means no misleading radar blips, and even allies cant see anything special about the carriers.

you can check out the whole changelog here:
http://equilibrium.x10host.com/changelog/

enjoy, and as always we look forward to your feedback and suggestions!
Exotic_Retard
Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to Balance Discussion