AI-Uveso (v87). AI mod for FAForever

Moderator: Uveso

Re: AI-Uveso (v86). AI mod for FAForever

Postby Rosco_Prawn » 11 Jun 2020, 09:19

Dear UVESO!
Thanks for your reply!
So thanks to the hint from your side, it was clear to me, that some mess up must cause the issue.
Long story short: I deleted the MOD in the mod folder and installed it new from the VAULT.
And it works proberly! Thanks for the great AI !!!
Rosco_Prawn

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: RoscoPrawn

Postby Uveso » 11 Jun 2020, 11:39

Hello Rosco_Prawn,

if this happens again and you want to check if my mod is installed right, you only need to check your game.log.

My mod has an internal filevalidator and will print the result to the game.log:
Code: Select all
INFO: * AI-Uveso: [siminit.lua, line:2312] - Running from: @c:\programdata\faforever\gamedata\lua.nx2\lua\siminit.lua.
INFO: * AI-Uveso: [siminit.lua, line:2313] - Checking directory /mods/ for AI-Uveso...
INFO: * AI-Uveso: [siminit.lua, line:2320] - Found directory: /mods/ai-uveso/mod_info.lua.
INFO: * AI-Uveso: [siminit.lua, line:2325] - Check OK. Found 1 AI-Uveso directory.
INFO: * AI-Uveso: [siminit.lua, line:2329] - Checking files and filesize for AI-Uveso...
INFO: * AI-Uveso: [siminit.lua, line:2356] - Check OK! files: 87, bytecount: 1598572.

As example when the validator found odd mod size:
NFO: * AI-Uveso: [siminit.lua, line:2312] - Running from: @c:\programdata\faforever\repo\fa\lua\siminit.lua.
INFO: * AI-Uveso: [siminit.lua, line:2313] - Checking directory /mods/ for AI-Uveso...
INFO: * AI-Uveso: [siminit.lua, line:2320] - Found directory: /mods/ai-uveso/mod_info.lua.
INFO: * AI-Uveso: [siminit.lua, line:2325] - Check OK. Found 1 AI-Uveso directory.
INFO: * AI-Uveso: [siminit.lua, line:2329] - Checking files and filesize for AI-Uveso...
INFO: * AI-Uveso: [siminit.lua, line:2349] - Check FAILED! Directory: AI-Uveso - Missing 18 bytes! (1598554/1598572)

So you can easily check if the mod is installed right or modified.

Greetings, Uveso.
Uveso
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 291 times
FAF User Name: Uveso

Postby koboltzz » 11 Jun 2020, 20:49

It's me again. So I have another suggestion, which brings up the subject of your AI again. I know that your AI is much smarter than Sorian, but now that I know that they only build as many units as I do, and also no nuclear weapons if I have no defenses, somehow the respect for the AI has disappeared. In principle I don't need to build any units at all, just an experimental one at some point and I can destroy the AI base in peace.
Suggestion: add a less considerate version in some area. May build more units, or may build nuclear weapons when he wants to, etc.
Or is AI-Swarm, RNGAI, DilliAI similar smart and is already doing that?
koboltzz

FAF User Name: Macheath

Postby relent0r » 11 Jun 2020, 21:51

koboltzz wrote:It's me again. So I have another suggestion, which brings up the subject of your AI again. I know that your AI is much smarter than Sorian, but now that I know that they only build as many units as I do, and also no nuclear weapons if I have no defenses, somehow the respect for the AI has disappeared. In principle I don't need to build any units at all, just an experimental one at some point and I can destroy the AI base in peace.
Suggestion: add a less considerate version in some area. May build more units, or may build nuclear weapons when he wants to, etc.
Or is AI-Swarm, RNGAI, DilliAI similar smart and is already doing that?

Your Nuke defenses shouldn't have any bearing on it building its first nuke launcher. It basically says if I have this much income and a T3 pgen then build the nuke launcher. Unless there is some economy problem, internal failure happening or another mod is impacting it. While it certainly leans towards the reactive eco focused style of game play if it can path to your base then it should be building units even if you don't.
Disclaimer : I've personally only used the adaptive and rush AI, but I have spent many an hour staring at them play.
relent0r

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times
FAF User Name: relentless

Postby saxz » 12 Jun 2020, 01:37

Hi Uveso,

at first thank you for your effort to fix the artillery problem. I just want to give you our feedback:

We did another two matches today against the Sorian AIx (adaptive) with the same settings a last time and used your patch. Unfortunately it didn't change anything. The 4 AIs built again a lot of experimental units, also 3 experimental satellites, but no heavy or experimental artillery at all. Both games last over an hour. Maybe you might have another idea, what the source of the problem is. I still think this might be an issue of the FAF SupCom version and not your or the Sorian AI, but I'm no expert.

Anyway, I thank you for your attempt to solve this. Maybe you have some time to have another look on this problem. Be assured there are four guys, who would really appreciate it ;) . And if you need some support for testing your changes or anything else, let me now.

Best regards
saxz
Crusader

FAF User Name: saxz

Postby Uveso » 12 Jun 2020, 05:46

koboltzz wrote:but now that I know that they only build as many units as I do, and also no nuclear weapons if I have no defenses, somehow the respect for the AI has disappeared.

That's what adaptive means, it will adapt to your playstyle. (But it will build the 1st and 2nd nuke launcher independent of your units, only nukes 3+ are enemy unit based)
Also have in mind my AI will not waste mass. So if it does not build units it will use the ECO for extractor upgrades and more experimentals and lategame stuff.
And my AI is build to have a paragon in every late game, so this system should give the eco to build the paragon very early.
After having the paragon the adaptive is no longer adaptive. It will build as much as the paragon allows.

relent0r wrote:Disclaimer : I've personally only used the adaptive and rush AI, but I have spent many an hour staring at them play.

To see how less the adaptive is building units, test the AI experimental (that is not building any units) against the AI adaptive.
There you can see what happens if you don't build units as enemy.

saxz wrote:Be assured there are four guys, who would really appreciate it ;)

That's nice :mrgreen:

Well i looked into your last replay and you selected Sorian "Adaptive".
Now, sorian choosed to be a water AI on all 4 startpoints:
info: *AI DEBUG: ARMY \0002\000: Initiating Archetype using SorianMainWater
info: *AI DEBUG: ARMY \0004\000: Initiating Archetype using SorianMainWater
info: *AI DEBUG: ARMY \0006\000: Initiating Archetype using SorianMainWater
info: *AI DEBUG: ARMY \0008\000: Initiating Archetype using SorianMainWater

Please select Sorian Turtle or just sorian as AI. Adaptive is sometimes selecting a wrong sub AI (It's not like AI-Uveso Adaptive)

Watching the replay was just a pain. The simspeed was -2 (with 3800 units).
The game can only handle ~2200 units with a game speed of +-0
Also sorian AI cost you at least -1 simspeed compared to RNGAI, AI-Swarm and AI-Uveso.
Or in other words, using RNGAI, AI-Swarm, AI-Uveso and the ingame GPG AI at the same time is faster than 4 Sorian AIs. just saying...

I don't see a reason why the AIs are not bulding arties.
(beside the buildrestriction for nukes, they have the same priority than arties and can block the platoonbuilder for equal piority builders)

But i saw a huge wasting of mass, so i changed the buildcondition for arties, "if mass full then build arty".
SorianArtyPatch-v2.zip
(25.53 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
Uveso
Supreme Commander

Postby saxz » 13 Jun 2020, 17:36

Oh wow,

that was quick. Thank you very much Uveso for your work. We'll look, if it fixed the problem now.

And thanks for the advice to use your AI. The reason, why we changed back to the Sorian AI was, that in a former version of your AI, the behavior regarding tactical decision to use gaps to break in was quite better, but your AI constructed much small units but less experimental units and buildings at the time. In general, the behavior seems not very late game oriented as we do our matchups (with the no rush option). Especially in our lategame experimental units + (experimental/heavy) artillery is an important method, to break good defense / a lot of shields, what your AI didn't do at that time. But we will give it another try :D
saxz
Crusader

Postby saxz » 13 Jun 2020, 20:52

Alright, we did another test game today just to see, if the AI tries to build any kind of big artillery. Our game settings:

Seton's Clutch
20 min no rush
2 experimental Uveso AIs
vs
2 players + 1 turtle SorianAI (with update 2)

The game lasts about an hour and none of them built a heavy or experimental arty. Has everyone else played a game lately against an AI, which built this type of arties? I still got the impression, this is not a problem of the AIs itself.

I'm very curious, if you can find the reason for that Uveso. We really like the FAF SupCom Client and it's changes, but without arties it's just half the fun.

One thing regarding your AI: it built a lot of experimental units this time and it was interesting to see, that it used it for defense. But it doesn't seem that xperimental units like the CZAR were/will be used for "suicide missions" to break a tough defense by falling in to critical buildings - just a little note on the side.
saxz
Crusader

Postby xRadde » 19 Jun 2020, 01:55

I've been playing against this AI for a while.
This AI is making a good use of all aspects of the game and is very advanced tacticaly, however there is an issue about water gameplay.
It's obvious that this AI is not making any naval units untill his enemy has build at least one. it's easy to take an advantage of that and it performs really poorly on water based maps. It may react well if you decide to play with water yourself, but it's gona keep using air, experimentals and land units if you just bunker yourself on your island...
I think that this AI should always consider making cruisers or battleships even if their opponent hasn't build navy.
Maybe you could make a naval focused type of Uveso-AI or just force adaptive one to make cruisers just to annoy his opponent?
Without any navy it's just too easy and boring even on high cheat multipliers.
xRadde

FAF User Name: Radde

Postby Uveso » 19 Jun 2020, 16:19

Hello xRadde,

yes naval is not fully developed at the moment.
But first i need to improve the water/amphibious/hove movement layers (AI markers) to advance the naval play.

It will take some time, but naval will be better over time.

And yes, if you want, i can impement a naval only AI.
Uveso
Supreme Commander

PreviousNext

Return to AI modifications