AI-Uveso (v87). AI mod for FAForever

Moderator: Uveso

Re: AI-Uveso (v84). AI mod for FAForever

Postby Mavr390 » 05 May 2020, 14:59

Thanx Uveso!
I will try to make changes.

UPD
Apparently, the original files of the retail version are greatly changed since when you make the changes you specify, the game breaks when the battle starts. :cry:
Mavr390
Crusader

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Mavr390

Postby Uveso » 06 May 2020, 11:02

Hello Mavr390,

i have build a .SCD mod for the vanilla version that can load the custom AIs from the FAF forum.
Simple AIs like Micro or Dilli are running fine with it.

We are talking at the moment at the AI development discord what we need to make our AIs compatible with the vanilla game version.
Maybe its possible, maybe not (to much work)

I hope we can count on you if we need someone for testing ^^
Uveso
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 291 times
FAF User Name: Uveso

Postby Mavr390 » 06 May 2020, 11:56

Hi Uveso!!!
Yes, of course I will help with testing)))) :P :P :P
Mavr390
Crusader

Has liked: 8 times
FAF User Name: Mavr390

Re: AI-Uveso (v85). AI mod for FAForever

Postby Uveso » 20 May 2020, 01:04

Update 19.May.2020(v85)

- New: Markergenerator is now able to create land expansions incl mass count.
- New: Added debug option for endless games (game restarts on gameend)
- Fix: removed guard-squads from experimental platoontmeplate (was blocking experimentals from attacking)
- Fix: Changed order of function calls inside Buildermanager for faster condition checks
- Fix: Added placeholder for nomads SACU categories in case the nomads mod is not activated
- Opt: Optimized CanPathToCurrentEnemy function
- Opt: Removed builddelay for mass extractors
- Opt: Changed threat management from unitcount to imap threat
- Opt: Debugview of threadrings are now scaled to fit into the threat grid
- Opt: Added debugoption for AI-Swarm mod
- Opt: Added engineerplatoon for better energy building
- Opt: Reduced needed eco for factory build in case the enemy has more factories
- Opt: Increase the need for energy for air builder to reduce powerstall
- Opt: Changed mass extractor upgrade logic for agressive upgrades
Uveso
Supreme Commander

Re: AI-Uveso (v86). AI mod for FAForever

Postby koboltzz » 06 Jun 2020, 18:58

Hi Uveso,
first of all I would like to thank you for developing another AI for the old but great game.
I have tested it a bit and would like to ask questions and give constructive criticism :)

As far as I understood, 'adaptive' is a non-cheating AI, which is most similar to a human player.
Compared to sorian-AI I am surprised that I am hardly attacked on big maps 40+km and only with air units. Also, I'm a rather below average player, but economically I hang uveso adaptive quickly, so there is no danger. Also, even after 2 hours I am still not attacked with nuclear weapons nor by experimental units.
I use the latest FAF version only with blackops unleashed in addition.

All in all I am very surprised. The map used is the 'domination' earth globe with no markers I think. But sorian-AI attacks on this map with teleported units, experimentals, nuclear weapons, uveso-AI does nothing like this...what's wrong?
koboltzz

Has liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Macheath

Postby Uveso » 07 Jun 2020, 13:55

Hello koboltzz,

thanks a lot for your feedback.

First of all, i am not the only one who is creating a new AI for SupCom FaForever.
If you like you can join us on our AI Development Discord Server (AI-Swarm / RNGAI / AI-Uveso / DilliAI)
https://discord.gg/ChRfhB3

There are 2 Uveso Adaptive sub AIs.
AI: Uveso Adaptive (non cheating)
AIx: Uveso Adaptive (Cheating)

"Cheating" only means you can set a higer Economic income and/or buildspeed.
If you select an AI with "AIx:" in the name, then you can set inside the options:
AIx Cheat Multiplier (this only increase the eco output from massextractors or energygenerators, nothing more.)
Aix Build Multiplier (increases the buildpower, so the AI can build faster)
(Use always the same multiplier for cheat and build power or the AI will stall or waste mass/energy)
This is the only difference between cheating and non cheating AIs!

The Adaptive AI is called adaptive because it is counting your units and build as much units as you have.
In case you don't have any nuke launchers and also no nuke defenses it will not build nukes to attack you.
Only exception, the AI has a paragon, then it will build nukes even if you don't have nukes or antinukes.

The AIx: Uveso Overwhem Sub AI works like the adaptive but will increase the eco and buildfactor after 30 minutes by 0.6,
and it will do the same at 60 minutes. This is for turtle players like me if you whant the AI weak on start and harder in lategame.

Now to your map problem. My AI is build for 10x10 maps because it needs AI markers.
My AI can autogenerate those markers, but this will only work on 5x5 and 10x10 maps.
Sometimes, depending on the map it also works on 20x20 maps.
But for a 40x40 map it does not really work.

I also don't plan to make it work. The frist reason is the general simspeed on 40x40 maps.
And the second reason is the pathfinding on 40x40 maps. I already need about 900 markers for a 10x10 map.
(original maps have ~200-300 markers)
On a 40x40 map i would need a grid of 120*120 = 14400 markers, and the pathing function can only handle up to 1500 markers without lag.

I don't know why the AI is not attacking with experiemtals, and i can't test it.
There are 8 worldmaps maps with "domination" in the name and i don't know what map you where using.

I hope my answer helped a bit.
If you want to know more, ask here or join us on discord!

Greetings, Uveso.
Uveso
Supreme Commander

Postby Rosco_Prawn » 07 Jun 2020, 19:36

Dear UVESO!

Also I first of all wanted to thank you for the great AI.
I like the Experimental AI a lot. Quite good fun!
But actually I found some issue.....Maybe it is conected to custom maps, but actually in previous versions of your AI I never say such behaviour.
So actually I utilize different MODs too, like Shield Mod and Defense expand. However it seems to me that since V.86 the AI is not too motivated to build structures, units, etc.
AI Multiplier is set to 3.0 - I guess this should do the deal.
However as stated no idea, why the AI is not motiviated at all..............
Even as I switched off most of the mods it still behavious like my grandma.
Is there any possibility to get V.85 again?? Couldn´t find it.
Thanks in advance!
Have a great evening!
Rosco_Prawn

FAF User Name: RoscoPrawn

Postby koboltzz » 07 Jun 2020, 20:26

Uveso wrote:First of all, i am not the only one who is creating a new AI for SupCom FaForever.
If you like you can join us on our AI Development Discord Server (AI-Swarm / RNGAI / AI-Uveso / DilliAI)
https://discord.gg/ChRfhB3

Thx a lot for that information. :)
Uveso wrote:The Adaptive AI is called adaptive because it is counting your units and build as much units as you have.
In case you don't have any nuke launchers and also no nuke defenses it will not build nukes to attack you.
Only exception, the AI has a paragon, then it will build nukes even if you don't have nukes or antinukes.

As I said, no criticism, just my thoughts and experiences about it: Since the AI is very unlikely to develop T2 or 3 at the same time as me, in the worst case ten T3 tanks of mine could be facing five T1 and five T2 of the AI. I'm not sure if that makes sense. I thought an AI is supposed to simulate a human and he doesn't constantly look at how many units I have.
I had both nuke defenses and launchers in my aforementioned match and still the AI did not use them against me.
Uveso wrote:The AIx: Uveso Overwhem Sub AI works like the adaptive but will increase the eco and buildfactor after 30 minutes by 0.6,
and it will do the same at 60 minutes. This is for turtle players like me if you whant the AI weak on start and harder in lategame.

Wouldn't it make sense to let the AI simply follow the same build routines as an experienced player, in the same eco and buildfactor as him, but you just adjust the aggressiveness, platoon size and type etc?
Uveso wrote:Now to your map problem. My AI is build for 10x10 maps because it needs AI markers.
My AI can autogenerate those markers, but this will only work on 5x5 and 10x10 maps.
Sometimes, depending on the map it also works on 20x20 maps.
But for a 40x40 map it does not really work.

Why does your Al need the markers and Sorian doesn't?
Uveso wrote:I don't know why the AI is not attacking with experiemtals, and i can't test it.
There are 8 worldmaps maps with "domination" in the name and i don't know what map you where using.

I am using 'World Domination FA' 80x80, filename 'SCMP_haz09fa.v0001'.

Greetings, koboltzz
koboltzz

FAF User Name: Macheath

Postby saxz » 07 Jun 2020, 20:29

Hi Uveso,
Hi guys,

I just wanted to add/share our impressions with you regarding matches against the AI.
We played a lot of matches lately also against the Sorian AI and it seems, that the problem with the missing experimental artillery buildings is a general issue with this FAF client version of SupCom. In every single game with the Sorian AI no experimental artillery was build. To verify this behavior, we did another game with the following settings:

- 3 human players
- Senton's Clutch
- 1500 unit count
- 20 min no rush
- 4 Sorian Turle Aix

We just wanted to see, if the AI uses its resources for building experimental artillery, if it couldn't build nuke builds especially in the lategame - but it did not. A lot of experimental bots, gunships and so on, but that's it. And if we active nukes, they build a bloody hell of them, but no artillery. However, if we play the non FAF version with the same settings, the Sorian AI (turtle or adapative) builds experimental artillery again. So our conclusion is, that this has to be a problem of the FAF SupCom version.

I remember Uveso, that you fixed or forward another problem I had last time. So I thought, for your development of your AI and to solve this issue, this topic might be the right place to share this.

Btw. thanks in advance and also in general to you Uveso for your work regarding your AI and to improve the client as well.

Best regards
saxz
Crusader

FAF User Name: saxz

Postby Uveso » 08 Jun 2020, 08:39

@Rosco_Prawn:

Thanks for your kind words.

The only difference between v85 and v86 is a removed debugline that was spaming the debuglog.
Nothing else was changed.

Code: Select all
Update 21.May.2020(v86)
- Fix: The debugoption for platoonnames was spaming a debugmesage every AI-ExecutePlan() cycle

Try another map and check in options if "Omni view" is enabled. Omni view means the AI has no fog of war and
can better react to threats.

---

@koboltzz:

i never feel criticised, every feedback is good feedback.
The adaptive AI is matching my personal playstyle.
If you want the AI to bild more units you need to use the "Rush" sub AI.

The reason why the AI is building stuff is always eco based. I did not tell the AI what it has to build at a specific time.
Same with nukes. The AI will maybe first load the nukesilo with 5 missiles before it will fire one.
Also possible it only build a nbukesilo but has no eco to build missiles.

All AIs need markers, but are using them more or less. As example sorian units can get stuck when target units are up on a hill.
My AI will first check a path to the target and would not attack it if it can't find a way to the target.
Also on maps with 2 lakes like setons the sorian AI has no clue that ships from one sea can't attack ships on the other side of the map.
My AI is using markers here to check fist if an attack is possible.

But my AI has an AI markergenerator that can automatically generate AI markers.
Go to "options" -> "AI Map Marker generator" and set it to "autogenerate always"
(Works good on 5x5 and 10x10 maps, sometimes on 20x20 maps but not on bigger maps.)

---

@saxz:

I checked the artillery build platoons and Building templates and found several errors.
Also the FAF sorian AI tends to build more experimental rather than artilleries.

So i reduced the eco requirement for arties a bit and increased the build priority.
(AI should now build 2-5 arties.)

I have not the time to watch testgames at the moment,
but you could try this testmod:
SorianArtyPatch-v1.zip
(25.46 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
Uveso
Supreme Commander

PreviousNext

Return to AI modifications