Was there a change to building queues?

Moderators: Ithilis_Quo, Exotic_Retard

Was there a change to building queues?

Postby Cpt.Hindsight » 29 Nov 2017, 03:04

Hey guys,

I've recently starting playing Equilibrium again and noticed that building queues seem to work differently
than they currently do in normal FAF. If I queue actions (buildings in particular) in Equilibrium I have to
rightclick after placing the last intended action, or else be stuck with that action on the next leftclick
and as a result breaking the intended queue.

When testing it with normal FAF it stops locking in the action for next click after letting go of shift (as I am used to).

So the question is: did my installation get broken somehow or was this an intentional change?
(If it's the latter I'm kind of sad, since you surely would have good reason to do so but my brain cant seem to adjust and it's frustrating me to
the point of switching back to normal FAF)

The version of Equilibrium I'm using is the one featured in the FAF client.

Cheers

Fun fact: The above post was flagged by spam-protection and I spent a good 10 minutes searching for an inappropriate or spammy word
before just posting a random sentence and editing the above text in. I feel like I've been screwed with :lol:
Cpt.Hindsight

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: the-Beast2323

Re: Was there a change to building queues?

Postby nine2 » 29 Nov 2017, 11:34

Ui party used to cause this

Disable ui mods and retest

Post logs
nine2
Councillor - Promotion

Has liked: 285 times
Been liked: 515 times
FAF User Name: Anihilnine

Postby Exotic_Retard » 29 Nov 2017, 12:23

yeah, we didnt intend any changes like that for sure, and we havent really touched the code that could be responsible for things like that either.

you would need to give us some more information so we can work out if its an issue on your side or on the side of eq

as anihilnine mentioned, please post some logs so we can work out whats wrong!
Exotic_Retard
Contributor

Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 626 times
FAF User Name: Exotic_Retard

Postby Cpt.Hindsight » 29 Nov 2017, 16:22

Hey guys,

thanks for the quick replies.
The only UI mod I had installed was Advanced Strategic icons (if that counts),
the UI-mod list in the FAF client is currently empty.
Icons are uninstalled, the problem unfortunately persists.

I did a short test queing mexes and pretty much all orders that produced the attached logs.

As for information:
Im running the current FAF client with the Steam version of FA on a win 7 (x64) machine,
launching Equilibrium from the featured mod list.
The problem appears in skirmishes as well as when playing with other people and it applies to everthing
that can be queued.
The only mod that has been manually installed besides FAF was the advanced icons mod, as mentioned
above. I have two friends with pretty much the same setups (the only difference being one of them using win 10)
and the exact same problem.
If there are known problems with advanced strategic icons, I guess that would likely be the most obvious canidate for causing this.
It used to run fine with older versions of Equilibrium though.
Attachments
logs.rar
forever.log and game.log of the testgame
(14.79 KiB) Downloaded 151 times
Cpt.Hindsight

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: the-Beast2323

Postby Exotic_Retard » 02 Dec 2017, 15:16

hi, just an update on your issue
i can confirm to be able to reproduce it, its a very small issue and i had to try a few times before i realised what was happening, right clicking to me is a habit at this point since it deselects the unit and i can continue doing other things, thats why i never noticed!

certainly this is the first report of this issue, so it seems the other players dont notice too much either.

anyway, the issue is fixed, but unfortunately that happened just after the latest eq patch was released, so you will have to wait until the next one :<
Dont worry though it should be soon™
Exotic_Retard
Contributor

Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 626 times
FAF User Name: Exotic_Retard

Return to Equilibrium