T1 in Official and Equilibrium

Moderators: Ithilis_Quo, Exotic_Retard

T1 in Official and Equilibrium

Postby Morax » 19 Jun 2017, 19:48

This mostly has to do with land, but I felt t2 land in eq was a far worse option than the official balance. This is mostly backed up by 10/18 games during the tournament being decided by t1 spam.

I may be a bit biased as I lost a game because of it, but ACU being trapped and needing an extra shot per unit throws me off pretty bad.

I'd personally like to see official and eq go in a direction where t2 is more relevant, not less.
Maps and Modifications Councilor

M&M Discord Channel

Come join us and help create content with the artists of FAF.
Morax
Councillor - Maps and Mods

Has liked: 1167 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: Morax

Re: T1 in Official and Equilibrium

Postby Exotic_Retard » 19 Jun 2017, 21:18

i made a post about it here:
viewtopic.php?f=79&t=13773&start=10#p150901

tldr: its being monitored, and while 10/18 sounds like a lot but its not really. not compared to the number of eq replays before that when this didnt happen. comparing faf replays and eq replays we see that on at least 3 of the maps we also see a spamfest on them.

this, among other things leads strongly suggests that eq isnt more prone to t1 spam than faf.

however, that doesnt mean its perfect. this is being looked into, but since adjusting t1 spam in general is quite a big change it will need quite some analysis and thinking first, especially when theres just not enough evidence that its a problem. what happened in the tourney is not out of the realm of chance.
Exotic_Retard
Contributor

Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 626 times
FAF User Name: Exotic_Retard

Postby Morax » 20 Jun 2017, 15:48

Well, it's only my opinion, but the massive t1 spam in both balances is kind of silly. I think a strategy game should make ways to reward crafty play as opposed to giant hoards of units being sent in with two clicks...

It's just stale to me and unfortunately it's how I've won a lot of games recently.
Maps and Modifications Councilor

M&M Discord Channel

Come join us and help create content with the artists of FAF.
Morax
Councillor - Maps and Mods

Has liked: 1167 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: Morax

Postby Lieutenant Lich » 23 Jun 2017, 04:32

You do have to manipulate hordes of units craftily because if you send 2 hordes of equal size at each other, you will not win or lose anything, it will be time and mass wasted.
Don't complain about that which you aren't willing to change.

My mod:
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=12864
Lieutenant Lich
Evaluator

Has liked: 992 times
Been liked: 818 times

Return to Equilibrium