Prothyon - 16

Moderators: speed2, KeyBlue

Re: Prothyon - 16 [WIP] Coop Mission

Postby Typo91 » 06 Oct 2015, 18:58

Edited...

My bad, i messed up... forget step 4
Last edited by Typo91 on 07 Oct 2015, 16:48, edited 1 time in total.
Typo91

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 8 times
FAF User Name: Typo91

Postby Typo91 » 06 Oct 2015, 19:01

I managed to get to the final expansion... with the base on the other side of the ocean... but my acu was in the water at the time and they had torp bombers go right for him. :(

there is a "trick" to beating each stage.
Typo91

Been liked: 8 times
FAF User Name: Typo91

Postby speed2 » 06 Oct 2015, 19:12

I might have put the sounds into wrong folder, they will work in map folder with new version

and yeah I might have or might not have scripted some torp bomber snipe if you decide to hide in water like a chicken :P
speed2
Contributor

Has liked: 636 times
Been liked: 1119 times
FAF User Name: speed2

Postby GeneralDisasters » 06 Oct 2015, 19:17

speed2 wrote:I ll look at the colors but I never had a problem with that.

Colors we chose; colors we got. All shades of blue.

speed2 wrote:Limited pauses should be solved by setting Timeouts to Infinite in game lobby. (default is 3)

Game lobby lacks any Timeout setting?

speed2 wrote:I might do medium and easy difficulty since I dont have too much to do now (no one reporting any suggestions or problems with second part of the mission)

We didn't try them, but there was the option for easy and medium there.

speed2 wrote:And no its not possible to skip the intro.

Ok

speed2 wrote:And I discovered the audio doesn't play... this is as if you followed the directions with a fresh copy.

We installed today and audio worked.
But one of us crashes when trying to host the game.
And there is a desync right at the start when both play.
GeneralDisasters

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: GeneralDisasters

Postby yeager » 06 Oct 2015, 23:33

forgive what very well may be insane stupidity but im new to this, just got mega, and downloaded the file, where do i go from there?
srry and thx in advance
yeager
Evaluator

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 32 times
FAF User Name: Yeager

Postby speed2 » 07 Oct 2015, 00:24

yeager wrote:forgive what very well may be insane stupidity but im new to this, just got mega, and downloaded the file, where do i go from there?
srry and thx in advance

You click the link in the first post, then click on Download via browser. You will download rar file. Unpack it and then follow instructions in readme
speed2
Contributor

Postby speed2 » 07 Oct 2015, 00:33

By the no problems with colors I meant I saw big enough difference. But yes Im planning to change coop so you can actually play with the color you want.

Then I will re enable timeout setting in coop. It got removed with some unneccessary settings. I ll put it back.

Currently there is only one difficulty and changing it to easy medium wont have any effect. It will be added in second version in few days

If you get single desync its fine. If it continies then you fucked up somewhere :D probably copy pasting files
speed2
Contributor

Postby skwibble » 07 Oct 2015, 03:11

OK so I've been playing it for a bit now and here's my feedback.

Most importantly, after I got as far as the section where Morax is meant to be evacuated by quantum gate, the objective to protect Morax was not completed - the sACU was transported and dropped off on my island, walked around the quantum gate a few times and then stood still (with some sort of graphical artifact, see attachment?). I tried reclaiming some of the stuff around the gate in case it was a pathing issue.
Also, nothing that arrived near the gate ever got transported off through the gate, just stayed there, but I assumed that was intentional.
So I couldn't get past this bit of the mission (Morax was transported about 5 minutes before the forecast 'big attack wave', and I fought through that for a while, still no progression) - has anyone else got further?

Apart from that, there were no major issues. Some other thoughts though:

I do think the first objective is too hard, certainly it's the hardest part of the mission and took a lot of tries for me to get past, after that it becomes a little challenging but not actually difficult. A good practice of dodge micro but imo doesn't really need to be so tricky, it will frustrate a lot of people I think. Maybe at least letting the gun upgrade be unlocked at this point would help?

Morax doesn't seem to actually need any help from what I saw, I only sent him a few inties and gunships and he was eventually pushing the Seraphim back by himself.

Cool bases and map positions, AI seems very sensible and I think the tech progression is overall well done. Not sure why T2 mobile flak isn't unlocked with T2 tanks but I suppose it makes that section a little harder.

P.S. Saving and loading works fine, which may be useful to note to anyone who has died in a later part of the mission. Plus I guess that's a way to skip the intro if you want.
Attachments
ProthyonMissionBug.jpg
Objective is 'Protect Morax at all costs until he is able to retreat to the quantum gateway', but Morax has already stopped by the quantum gate
ProthyonMissionBug.jpg (409.08 KiB) Viewed 4166 times
skwibble
Crusader

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 5 times
FAF User Name: skwibble

Postby speed2 » 07 Oct 2015, 09:21

Thanks for the feedback, I ll look at the Morax more. He should start losing in like 20-30 minutes after the middle seraphim base starts producing destroyers. But also if player is attack those bases and main seraphim base, they might be slightly less attack going from seraphim to Morax.

If nothing gets actually gated out and just glitches at the gate its because you didnt follow installations steps in readme (step3)
speed2
Contributor

Postby Necrosis » 07 Oct 2015, 13:10

ive hosted a COOP on faf. and started it and left, then i did the rest as i was told,
i ran the coop shortcut and when i opened skirmish and clicked options my game crashes and it returns to the desktop in a flash while there is a GPGnet error report window popping up
Necrosis
Crusader

Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: SERA-2

PreviousNext

Return to Coop