Operation Rescue

Moderators: speed2, KeyBlue

Re: Operation Rescue

Postby JJ173 » 27 Dec 2017, 20:25

Okay, so due to the feedback that you have all posted. I've made some changes. You can find the latest download link in the OP. It'll be updated per change. This should hopefully fix most of the issues that are present. Please test and post feedback on the latest build.

Here's a quick change log:
  • Fixed AI + Player Colours
  • Improved AI drops and cleaned up AI bases
  • Removed Cybran Land Patrol from Base 3 to improve movement
  • Removed ASF from attacks that are focused on trucks.
  • Added a delay for the truck spawn (Player has to defend facility for a maximum of 2 minutes before trucks spawn).
  • Added objective that allows you to move on in the mission if you successfully destroy Cybran force after failing the timer objective.
  • Added a truck counter to the LZ objective (You can now view your progress).
  • Removed random Cybran teleport.
  • Increased Objective 2 timer by 5 minutes.
  • Fixed AI attack priorities in Objective 3.
  • Added bonus objectives.

Thank you again for all of the feedback. Please post more feedback from the updated mission. This should rectify most issues (link for mission can be found in OP).
Check out the Nomads Campaign Project: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15534
Check out my first Coop Mission: viewtopic.php?f=78&t=15605
JJ173

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 50 times
FAF User Name: TheAdDad

Postby OxideIon » 28 Dec 2017, 01:32

Played it again, noticed a couple things. First, not sure if the southern enemy base still stacks units in phase 2, but it does in phase 3. Too tired to check the replay.

Second thing, Jerrax seems somewhat suicidal in phase three. I've found him in most of my games hanging out near the NE edge of his base, SE of the sourthern jammer location.

Third thing, Jerrax is still immortal if one decides to not do the secondary objective of killing him and instead construct the quantum gateway, which causes him to tp next to you (and unless if you are in the pond or he completely derps, you die).

Overall, mission felt better than last time, not exactly sure why though :D GJ.

Suggestions: I think speed2 had some code regarding AI nuke usage that it would target the place with the highest mass concentration, could be useful, especially if multiple people are playing the map (I might be wrong though). Since Jerrax has a big base (I assume he has a decent eco as well, I haven't exactly looked), he could make experimentals/arty and use them to attack the player(s) if they choose to stick around. Maybe the experimentals already on the map could attack at some point as well. Finally, maybe you want to rethink Jerrax' teleport thingy. Could have him choose some other target than the acu or in the very least let him teleport out (currently he just starts walking back to his base).
Attachments
immortal jerrax.png
immortal jerrax.png (1012.8 KiB) Viewed 5787 times
jerrax hangout.png
jerrax hangout.png (538.68 KiB) Viewed 5787 times
game.log
(165.98 KiB) Downloaded 183 times
Have you heard of our lord and saviour, air scout?
OxideIon

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 11 times
FAF User Name: OxideIon

Postby OxideIon » 28 Dec 2017, 11:49

I forgot to mention one thing in the last post. Upon entering the quantum gateway (thus ending the mission) HQ congratulates the player on a job well etc. but the line is shown twice.
OxideIon

Postby Lieutenant Lich » 29 Dec 2017, 18:29

I played the mission with FxT_Black_Master, I died and then we could still control the units but the enemy did not attack.
game.log: https://pastebin.com/z17aTYxb
Don't complain about that which you aren't willing to change.

My mod:
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=12864
Lieutenant Lich
Evaluator

Has liked: 992 times
Been liked: 818 times

Postby Black_Master » 29 Dec 2017, 18:29

Hi,

found 2 issues
Game does not end:
After my buddy died the map didnt end, the camera move to the "dead-scene" but it didnt ended the game. Enemy units stop engaging and i could still continue to build.
Self killing was not possible either through ctr+k or with energy storages

Map not expanding:
We played with 4 people, the map didnt expand after first stage.
Attachments
game.log
(103.7 KiB) Downloaded 198 times
Black_Master

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Black_Master

Postby JJ173 » 30 Dec 2017, 02:50

Hi, thank you again for the amazing feedback everyone. Unfortunately, I can't find any errors in your logs provided. I will investigate issues that have been raised and do some more AI changes to improve the mission overall. Hopefully that should fix some things up.
JJ173

Postby Petricpwnz » 03 Jan 2018, 20:17

Logs per request
Attachments
game.log
(400.88 KiB) Downloaded 196 times
Blackheart wrote:actually i love lolis and want petry to be my waifu

Scientifically proving that Blackheart is a weeb - https://imgur.com/a/J436c | https://clips.twitch.tv/AssiduousAverageOxMikeHogu

Best meme of 2017 - https://puu.sh/yLsvH/abbf54eb99.mp4
Petricpwnz
Priest

Has liked: 442 times
Been liked: 473 times
FAF User Name: Fremy_Speeddraw

Postby JJ173 » 06 Jan 2018, 13:59

I have a new version up with more improvements for you all.

I cannot work out what is causing the expansion to fail when playing with 4 people, there are no errors in logs that have been provided. I also ran a test with myself and 3 AI characters (which causes 4 ACUs to spawn) and it worked fine. If this issue starts reproducing often, I will investigate further. For now I have concluded that it's nothing to be concerned about as of yet. The mission now ends, it no longer plays the winning dialogue twice.

I've changed the drops for the second part of the mission to stop transports flying over the civilian base with no units on-board. As suggested previously, I have removed the direct teleport when a quantum gate is constructed. The Cybran Commander now targets random structures instead of the player ACU directly. I've also removed some code that caused him to become invincible when he warped. He's now prone to death like the rest of us.

Some attacks have been added whilst the truck delay is active to encourage the player to defend the facility whilst the trucks are being loaded (I don't want the mission to get boring).

For future versions, I plan on adding some more attacks to each AI and using more functions available to make it feel more like a mission that GPG would release. Thank you to all of you that provided logs and additional feedback, it has helped develop the final stages of this mission. Let's hope that this brings it to a playable state that's suitable for release.

In the next couple of weeks, I will be making a start on a new mission for a rebel campaign that I have planned, so keep your eyes out. For now, if you wish to test or play this mission, you can find it in the original post like before.

JJ173

Postby OxideIon » 06 Jan 2018, 18:50

Land units still continue stacking at the entrance of the southern enemy base in phase 2. Image
(image right after I destroyed the jammer.)

The three monkeylords patrolling around Jerrax' main base can get stuck at the southern base. Image

I'm not sure but you may need to rework Jerrax' teleporting. He teleported right next to ~15 percivals that were in his base. Image

EDIT: Fixed the images. (I'm a dummy.)
Attachments
7297428-OxideIon.fafreplay
(79.95 KiB) Downloaded 172 times
game.log
(175.81 KiB) Downloaded 178 times
OxideIon

Postby JJ173 » 07 Jan 2018, 02:47

Thanks again for the feedback!

Jerrax has been coded to teleport to these categories: LAND FACTORY, LAND UNITS, NOT WALLS OR COMMANDER. So it could be random. The MLs are on patrol, due to the terrain it's quite likely they will get stuck like that. The land unit build up is likely due to a lesser amount of transports doing the work. I will push an update soon to make it build more or possibly spawn more when the base is created. A few easy fixes will clear it up.
JJ173

PreviousNext

Return to Coop