Thanks man. Very helpful.
Ecthelon

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times
FAF User Name: Ecthelon

Re: Fort Clarke Assault

Postby SirMark9 » 25 Jan 2019, 06:49

Hey.

I would like to play this mission with "Timed Expansions: Off." When I attempted to play the mission with the option set, the map expanded anyways.

When I looked up the script files, I don't think Fort Clarke Assault reads the scenario option into the map. For example, the X1CA mission (Black Day) has the following code...

Code: Select all
local ExpansionTimer = ScenarioInfo.Options.Expansion

-- Forum Post Visual Aid Separating Line Thingy --------------------------------

if ExpansionTimer then
        -- Expand the map even if the objective isn't finished yet
        local delay = {25, 20, 15}
        ScenarioFramework.CreateTimerTrigger(IntroMission2, delay[Difficulty] * 60)
    end

I assume that the ScenarioInfo.Options.Expansion is the toggle in the menu. Meanwhile, when I looked at Fort Clarke Assault...

Code: Select all
    -- Expand map even if objective isn't finished yet
    local M1MapExpandDelay = {35*60, 30*60, 25*60}
    ScenarioFramework.CreateTimerTrigger(IntroMission2, M1MapExpandDelay[Difficulty])

It does not seem to read the toggle, only the difficulty. If this could be remedied, if I misunderstood something, or if this is intentional, please let me know.

I mainly play single player missions and have cleared Forged Alliance on Hard. I am in the process of replaying the FA missions with the FAF modifications, and I cleared Prothyon 16 if that counts for anything. When I play, sometimes I just want to turtle against overwhelming odds before hitting critical mass and I begin overwhelming the enemy instead.

Thank you for your time.
SirMark9

Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: SirMark9

Postby speed2 » 25 Jan 2019, 09:44

Noted.
https://github.com/FAForever/faf-coop-maps/issues/337

Once I have some time and motivation and I can add it.
speed2
Contributor

Has liked: 636 times
Been liked: 1119 times
FAF User Name: speed2

Postby kirdaiht » 17 Nov 2019, 18:05

Hello

I recently tried to play this coop mission together with a friend and it did not appear to be playable. The strategic bombers appeared to miss their targets, some of the UEF bases remained standing. Acus either spawned with only a few hitpoints remaining and were destroyed within seconds after gaining control of them or did not spawn at all. We tried to start in different places but that did not seem to help much.
Attachments
10531726-kirdaiht.fafreplay
(2.6 KiB) Downloaded 42 times
10531753-kirdaiht.fafreplay
(3.79 KiB) Downloaded 31 times
10531787-kirdaiht.fafreplay
(5.62 KiB) Downloaded 31 times
kirdaiht

Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: kirdaiht

Postby speed2 » 17 Nov 2019, 19:00

kirdaiht wrote:Hello

I recently tried to play this coop mission together with a friend and it did not appear to be playable. The strategic bombers appeared to miss their targets, some of the UEF bases remained standing. Acus either spawned with only a few hitpoints remaining and were destroyed within seconds after gaining control of them or did not spawn at all. We tried to start in different places but that did not seem to help much.

Due to some randomness it's kinda impossible to make the bombers always drop. But from my many test, the drop rate was pretty good, maybe 1 from every 20 games didnt work. So I decided it's good enough since it's at the very beginning of the mission. And there's really no way around it.
Probably just some bad luck from your side to experience it few times in a row.

For the starting spots, you have to take them from top to bottom and can't skip any. Else the game won't work.
speed2
Contributor

Has liked: 636 times
Been liked: 1119 times
FAF User Name: speed2

Postby kirdaiht » 18 Nov 2019, 01:16

speed2 wrote:Due to some randomness it's kinda impossible to make the bombers always drop. But from my many test, the drop rate was pretty good, maybe 1 from every 20 games didnt work. So I decided it's good enough since it's at the very beginning of the mission. And there's really no way around it.
Probably just some bad luck from your side to experience it few times in a row.

For the starting spots, you have to take them from top to bottom and can't skip any. Else the game won't work.

Thank you for the feedback. We tried it again and this time everything appeared to work correctly. It seems like we just started out with some bad luck.
kirdaiht

Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: kirdaiht

Previous

Return to Coop