Cybran frigate OP

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Cybran frigate OP

Postby FunkOff » 06 Jun 2020, 13:50

Cybran frigate costs the least (250 mass) but has the best AA and beats other frigates 1v1. Compare this to the worst frigate from Aeon which is 290, helpless again air, and is basically trash
FunkOff
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 43 times
FAF User Name: FakeOff

Re: Cybran frigate OP

Postby Wesmania » 06 Jun 2020, 20:27

Let's remove radar from Cyb frigates and make moles amphibious :D
Wesmania
Contributor

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 79 times
FAF User Name: MazorNoob

Postby Spy_Emanciator » 07 Jun 2020, 17:33

I agree with funk. Cybran navy is already greatly OP with the stealth boat, longer range destroyer fire with high volume and rate of fire, and usable cruisers in bombardment. Having their frigates be that strong doesn't seem balanced.
Spy_Emanciator

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 16 times
FAF User Name: Spy_Emanciator

Postby FtXCommando » 07 Jun 2020, 19:15

Cyb navy is carried by their frig. Their cruiser is the worst or 3rd worst and their destro is the 3rd worst.
Are you upset? Are you happy? Are you a FAF Player? Come to the PC Discord and share your thoughts and build the community!

https://discord.gg/Y2dGU8X
FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 583 times
FAF User Name: FtXCommando

Postby RedX » 08 Jun 2020, 08:59

Don't they have the best sub killer in the game though?
RedX

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 14 times
FAF User Name: D3matt

Postby FunkOff » 08 Jun 2020, 21:22

FtXCommando wrote:Cyb navy is carried by their frig. Their cruiser is the worst or 3rd worst and their destro is the 3rd worst.

3rd worst is second best. Frigate spam counters everything on the water except subs - which torp bombers murder - and so an OP frigate makes Cybran's navy generally OP. And their frigate isn't OP by a little, it's OP by a LOT. The frigate AA is too good for the frigates to be cost-effectively countered by even tech 2 air, and their cost is MORE THAN 10% less than Aeon's frigate. 40 mass difference! That's almost 20%! That would be like having a mantis that cost only 40 mass but also can shoot air!
FunkOff
Supreme Commander

Postby Evildrew » 08 Jun 2020, 22:31

I dont know why you complain about cybran frigates being OP, you among many others have had the opportunity to play with FA RTS mod for years where this and many other balance and game play issues are addressed, yet you choose to play the official sim city balance focused only on balancing T1 tanks... :)
Evildrew

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 36 times
FAF User Name: Evildrew

Postby FunkOff » 08 Jun 2020, 22:32

Evildrew wrote:I dont know why you complain about cybran frigates being OP, you among many others have had the opportunity to play with FA RTS mod for years where this and many other balance and game play issues are addressed, yet you choose to play the official sim city balance focused only on balancing T1 tanks... :)

I play ladder. Ladder does not allow mods, no matter how good they are :-(
FunkOff
Supreme Commander

Postby FtXCommando » 08 Jun 2020, 23:03

RedX wrote:Don't they have the best sub killer in the game though?

No

FunkOff wrote:
3rd worst is second best. Frigate spam counters everything on the water except subs - which torp bombers murder - and so an OP frigate makes Cybran's navy generally OP. And their frigate isn't OP by a little, it's OP by a LOT. The frigate AA is too good for the frigates to be cost-effectively countered by even tech 2 air, and their cost is MORE THAN 10% less than Aeon's frigate. 40 mass difference! That's almost 20%! That would be like having a mantis that cost only 40 mass but also can shoot air!

Frigs are OP. Doesn't change the fact that even what might be considered a slight nerf to Cyb frig will have a huge impact on their navy viability, particularly with their lack of hover and their shitty t2 navy.
Are you upset? Are you happy? Are you a FAF Player? Come to the PC Discord and share your thoughts and build the community!

https://discord.gg/Y2dGU8X
FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 583 times
FAF User Name: FtXCommando

Postby Dragun101 » 08 Jun 2020, 23:13

Better players than I can correct me on this, but aren’t frigates like the most important element of navies? So even having a weaker T2, a cheaper/better frigate results in easy/strong T1 Win that should result in denying enemy t2 stage.* And winning Navy as Cybran means you leverage your T2/Salem into land units/gain ability to push in. Through I’d prefer other factions get buffs than Cybran nerfs.

*Or just means enemy Sub Spams which makes it harder for them to raid. I dunno just spitballing here.
Dragun101
Crusader

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 5 times
FAF User Name: Dragun101

Next

Return to Balance Discussion