Hives need a nerf

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Re: Hives need a nerf

Postby Deribus » 28 May 2020, 15:57

If the issue is on Dual Gap and only Dual Gap, then make a mod that nerfs hives. There's no need to nerf hives in the base mod because of a perceived issue on a single map. Hives are horribly mass inefficient as it is.
Deribus

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 8 times
FAF User Name: Deribus

Postby Dragun101 » 28 May 2020, 16:31

Honestly I’d like to see both stations get a buff for that reason before they get nerf. Ideally speaking for what is my understanding there ostenible purpose in the original FA as a method replacing reclaim factorys (whicj is more of a tbing for kennels admittedly than Hives).
Dragun101
Crusader

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 5 times
FAF User Name: Dragun101

Postby Spy_Emanciator » 29 May 2020, 03:44

BlackYps wrote:
based on the techno-spiritual cleanliness of your units

This is excellent shitposting.

Hey man when I look at a factory and its going at 1 speed, then i zoom in on the bar and focus on the factory very hard mentally, there is a different speed. The question is was the 1st speed the correct one or was the 2nd speed the correct one, and more and more I'm thinking that neither were the correct speed, that the game clock has little to do with programmed values, and the the slow speed was sub par, and the second speed is a form of hacking performing above the limits set by the game design team.

My only question is how can we get the value to stay at 1 instead of .8 or 1.2 or whatever variances are happening. I don't like winning games where my opponents bars are frozen, and I don't enjoy losing games because I cant get units out at the speed they should be coming out. This applies to mex upgrades, and becomes more and more important on large mass items like experimentals. Please make it fair. Please use measuring tools to find out who, how, and when this is happening, and put a stop to it.
Spy_Emanciator

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 16 times
FAF User Name: Spy_Emanciator

Postby FtXCommando » 29 May 2020, 04:32

Spy_Emanciator wrote:Hey man when I look at a factory and its going at 1 speed, then i zoom in on the bar and focus on the factory very hard mentally, there is a different speed.

Spy_Emanciator wrote: the second speed is a form of hacking performing above the limits set by the game design team.

Are you upset? Are you happy? Are you a FAF Player? Come to the PC Discord and share your thoughts and build the community!

https://discord.gg/Y2dGU8X
FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 583 times
FAF User Name: FtXCommando

Postby Uveso » 29 May 2020, 04:43

Spy_Emanciator wrote:Hey man when I look at a factory and its going at 1 speed, then i zoom in on the bar and focus on the factory very hard mentally, there is a different speed.

Please don't just pretend. Prove that.

My test configuration:
2 nukesilos way apart.

Now i start both to build nuke missiles.
Watching one silo very closly and NOT watching the other silo. (Map is turned off so i also can't see it on the map)

This is the result when i really focus very hard mentally:

Result when i hear music while watching the silo:

Result when i am eating while watching:

Result when 2 people wathing: ( i asked my wife to help here)

Now you!
Last edited by Uveso on 29 May 2020, 04:53, edited 1 time in total.
Uveso
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 291 times
FAF User Name: Uveso

Postby FtXCommando » 29 May 2020, 04:52

test is rigged, timer is out of the screen
Are you upset? Are you happy? Are you a FAF Player? Come to the PC Discord and share your thoughts and build the community!

FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

Postby Uveso » 29 May 2020, 04:54

FtXCommando wrote:test is rigged, timer is out of the screen

This does not matter, both silos are running in the same sim and with the same timing.

[edit] But i will do a better test with code wise prove and logs in case Spy_Emanciator or any other player can prove me wrong.
Uveso
Supreme Commander

Postby biass » 29 May 2020, 05:00

You can't prove that you were focusing on one silo in these tests, uveso.

I think you or better yet: spy emancipator should make a video with facecam. This way we know you concentrated fast enough to alter the simspeed. You should also use factories too like mentioned in the op. Queue units at the same time and if there is clearly more on one side at the end of the timeframe, we know there was a change.

Upload the video with facecam here so we can review the evidence.
Map thread: https://bit.ly/2PBsa5H

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
biass
Contributor

Has liked: 598 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: biass

Postby FtXCommando » 29 May 2020, 05:02

what we really need is that eye tracker software so we can absolutely confirm that you were in fact looking at the construction bar on the silo

FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

Postby Uveso » 29 May 2020, 05:41

biass wrote:You can't prove that you were focusing on one silo in these tests, uveso.

I can!

Uveso
Supreme Commander

PreviousNext

Return to Balance Discussion