Give engineers assignable factory attack moves

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Give engineers assignable factory attack moves

Postby Bennis- » 10 May 2020, 23:12

I'm not going to write up a wall about it. Anyone in charge should understand what I mean.

Why do I think it's a good idea:

Currently the highest level of faf build orders on extremely well explored maps like setons or regor or whatever include alot of manual reclaiming. Especially on setons it's more about moving factory attack orders than anything. It doesn't need to be like that. It's a powerful bug who's exploitation gives such a big advantage so that it needs to be explained to every player because you need to abuse it to keep up. It's counter intuitive and cumbersome.

I do however see that it is part of the game and would personally not like to see it removed. I think the better option is to just make it part of the game by changing the default engi attack move into a factory attack move, if that's possible (increase reclaim range?)

This would make reclaiming much more convenient, remove the sperg behaviour from engis that now needlessly walk into tree groups and break them and cause so much pain to the emotionally invested player. If that were to be, we could all focus our attention more on nice unit usage, sneak attacks and so on, instead of doing nothing but micro manage our precious attack orders for 20mins to not lose out on that juicy eco snowball advantage.

Really I don't see why that isn't a good idea.
Bennis-

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 30 times
FAF User Name: Bennis

Re: Give engineers assignable factory attack moves

Postby F-odin » 10 May 2020, 23:36

So attack move range would be higher than the range of labs or other units?....
F-odin
Crusader

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 17 times
FAF User Name: F-Odin

Postby Bennis- » 11 May 2020, 00:33

F-odin wrote:So attack move range would be higher than the range of labs or other units?....

Could just make it so that engis dont reclaim units when having said attack move attached. Like just make their regular attack Command a factory attack command and leave everything else as it is. And remove units from reclaim targets. I assume that's possible since engis don't reclaim your own units either when having attack moves, so there needs to be a list of targets and priorities for attack moves .
Bennis-

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 30 times
FAF User Name: Bennis

Postby speed2 » 11 May 2020, 14:13

Engine, not possible.
speed2
Contributor

Has liked: 636 times
Been liked: 1119 times
FAF User Name: speed2