Patch 3714 Release Thread

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Patch 3714 Release Thread

Postby JaggedAppliance » 04 May 2020, 15:53

Today we release a new balance patch, patch 3714. Patchnotes can be found here: https://content.faforever.com/patchnotes/3714.html

This patch aims to improve the options of Aeon specifically as they have become one of the least played factions. The Czar will now have a personal shield to protect it, and much stronger AA weapons. The Harbinger also gets a quite substantial buff and the Specter gets a new weapon.

There are many changes to the other factions as well, especially at the Tech 2 land and Tech 3 land stages. Open the patchnotes to read through all the changes and see small explanations for each of the changes.

A big thanks goes to the other members of the balance team and all the players who gave suggestions and feedback on the forums and elsewhere on FAF.
"and remember, u are a noob, u don’t have any rights to disagree" - Destructor

My Youtube channel with casts > https://www.youtube.com/c/jaggedappliance
My Twitch > https://www.twitch.tv/jaggedappliance
JaggedAppliance
Councillor - Balance

Has liked: 734 times
Been liked: 313 times
FAF User Name: JaggedAppliance

Re: Patch 3714 Release Thread

Postby spacewhales » 07 May 2020, 23:29

It looks like a really interesting patch! I like that Aeon gets a little buff to boost its popularity and hope that the firebeetle finally finds its nieche now. Would love to see it used more regularly und in more fun ways than just an occasional mediocre sniping tool. In general I liked the last few patches that pushed games to emphasize a bit more the T2 phase as I really think that phase has a lot of potential for fun and faction-specific actions and strategies. Big thank you to all who still work on the game - I saw the github link and was really impressed by all the work being done by you!

Thank you for helping units out of obscurity and keeping the game fresh in this way; it is much appreciated.
spacewhales

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: spacewhales

Postby ShadySocks » 08 May 2020, 05:40

Nice balance patch! The only things I don't like are the nuke projectile and strat collision. Those mechanics make FAF more interesting and are an important way to demonstrate skill with air micro. Also, why was collision only removed with ASF instead of all air units?
ShadySocks

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: ShadySocks

Postby Lieutenant Lich » 08 May 2020, 06:03

The beetle sounds a lil bit OP with the cloak but I'll play before I judge and edit this comment later.

The pillar nerf also seems unnecessary.

I do like the emphasis on T2/T3 phase because that's the most fun part of the game
Don't complain about that which you aren't willing to change.

My mod:
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=12864
Lieutenant Lich
Evaluator

Has liked: 992 times
Been liked: 818 times

Postby keyser » 08 May 2020, 09:25

ShadySocks wrote:Nice balance patch! The only things I don't like are the nuke projectile and strat collision. Those mechanics make FAF more interesting and are an important way to demonstrate skill with air micro. Also, why was collision only removed with ASF instead of all air units?

Because in 99% of cases it was ASF blocking the strat bomb while trying to kill them. Especially that those strat run were most of the time very important snipe (ACU or important structure). So stopping the bomb could basically win the game, while being a pretty easy micro to achieve.
Zockyzock:
VoR is the clan of upcoming top players now
keyser
Councillor - Game

Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 540 times
FAF User Name: keyser

Postby Farmsletje » 08 May 2020, 10:57

nukeblocking was indeed a very very fun rng event that wasnt retarded at all
FtXCommando wrote:
need to give him some time to blossom into an aids flower
Farmsletje
Contributor

Has liked: 383 times
Been liked: 452 times
FAF User Name: Farmsletje

Postby MrTBSC » 10 May 2020, 14:47

that´s a serious ammount of changes, so definetively hat off to the time and work put into this.
nice to see some love for the Firebeetles, gonna be intresting to see if they can be handled well for antyarmy use

will the loyalist charge replace the default deathexplosion or is it a additional option? i´m a bit in two minds with introducing starcraft/RA3-esque active abilities (besides the ACU´s OC) to a larger scale RTS like supcom ...

i do have a bit of a concern though
phim still have the problem of a lacking t3 gunship, thus very limited in t3 airoptions

what about t2 mobile missilelaunchers? i feel they should get tweeked torwards significantly damaging baseshields and structures .. imo supcom´s shielduse on bases as well as high health on many corestructures especialy in lategame (when it turns into a longrange slugfest with far fewer units used) is its bigest weakness so that in general could use an improvement i think ..

removing nuke and bombcollision on aircraft is a massive plus imo .. microskill or not, projektilephysics or not it´s just suuupercheesy a move .. especialy on nukes that are that much more of an investment just to backfire that way? .. just no ..
Last edited by MrTBSC on 10 May 2020, 17:00, edited 1 time in total.
MrTBSC

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 7 times
FAF User Name: Mr.TBSC

Postby speed2 » 10 May 2020, 16:13

Why does Aeon gunship sounds like destro? Fix pls
speed2
Contributor

Has liked: 636 times
Been liked: 1119 times
FAF User Name: speed2

Postby Dragun101 » 11 May 2020, 20:35

Is Sparky not getting the build range increased of T2 Engi’s intended? Or just overlooked?
Dragun101
Crusader

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 5 times
FAF User Name: Dragun101

Postby JaggedAppliance » 11 May 2020, 21:37

speed2 wrote:Why does Aeon gunship sounds like destro? Fix pls

Do you have a different suggestion? Oblivion turret sound doesn't sound appropriate and I don't think the previous sound does either.

Dragun123 wrote:Is Sparky not getting the build range increased of T2 Engi’s intended? Or just overlooked?

That's intended, the increase was to make base building a little more pleasant so sparkies were not included.
"and remember, u are a noob, u don’t have any rights to disagree" - Destructor

My Youtube channel with casts > https://www.youtube.com/c/jaggedappliance
My Twitch > https://www.twitch.tv/jaggedappliance
JaggedAppliance
Councillor - Balance

Has liked: 734 times
Been liked: 313 times
FAF User Name: JaggedAppliance

Next

Return to Balance Discussion