Leaderboards suggest an Aeon buff?

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Re: Leaderboards suggest an Aeon buff?

Postby Deribus » 28 Mar 2020, 01:42

Azraeel wrote:Get off the balance forums Please. :|
Hey, just because you disagree with someone's suggestions is no reason to attempt to bully them off the forums.

Attack the points, not the person.
Deribus

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 8 times
FAF User Name: Deribus

Postby Azraeel » 28 Mar 2020, 04:07

Hey, just because you disagree with someone's suggestions is no reason to attempt to bully them off the forums.

But i did attack the points 8-)
viewtopic.php?f=88&t=18142 | Swarm Developer

https://discord.gg/ChRfhB3 | AI-Development Server

How We All View Ladder
https://i.imgur.com/0CadeyB.png

Balance Team Crushed
https://i.imgur.com/dGsYCCp.png
Azraeel

Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 18 times
FAF User Name: Azraeelian-Angel

Postby techmind_ » 28 Mar 2020, 04:59

Azraeel wrote:

Guy wrote 100 lines worth of suggestion, you essentially wrote 'your suggestions are mistakes and you are dumb'.

Aoen sort of suck at t1 cause they sort of have t1 arty and no way to tank something besides having com upfront. And their 'wiggling' makes retreating them very hard, so they are prone to getting killed by mix of t1 arty + usual tanks. Obsidian is good to takes firebases because of alpha-strike for shields, but bad vs spam because of low rate of fire & range. t2 fast tank is bad dps-wise. So they have meh t1 and bad t2.
They do shine in t3 cause snipers + harbs is a pretty good mix, the problem t3 is too far to be useful for winning maps. Not all of his suggestions should be taken because it will over-buff aeon but some should be. And the argument of 'having faction diversity' and one of the faction being clearly worse at all stages of the game is bullshit.
No problem let it be diverse, lets cut the price for aurora by half, it will be still same 'diversity' but the faction suddenly will be the best choice for t1 stage.
techmind_
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 5 times
FAF User Name: techmind_

Postby Azraeel » 28 Mar 2020, 05:13

techmind_ wrote:
Azraeel wrote:

Guy wrote 100 lines worth of suggestion, you essentially wrote 'your suggestions are mistakes and you are dumb'.

Aoen sort of suck at t1 cause they sort of have t1 arty and no way to tank something besides having com upfront. And their 'wiggling' makes retreating them very hard, so they are prone to getting killed by mix of t1 arty + usual tanks. Obsidian is good to takes firebases because of alpha-strike for shields, but bad vs spam because of low rate of fire & range. t2 fast tank is bad dps-wise. So they have meh t1 and bad t2.
They do shine in t3 cause snipers + harbs is a pretty good mix, the problem t3 is too far to be useful for winning maps. Not all of his suggestions should be taken because it will over-buff aeon but some should be. And the argument of 'having faction diversity' and one of the faction being clearly worse at all stages of the game is bullshit.
No problem let it be diverse, lets cut the price for aurora by half, it will be still same 'diversity' but the faction suddenly will be the best choice for t1 stage.

I said it was all dumb because he basically wanted to remove Aeon diversity from the fucking game. Quit complaining about aeon being bad. Its not bad, its just not fucking simple faction like UEF. You can't send your tanks in blindly so you complain, because you have to pay attention. Wow so shitty. No your just shitty :?

Aeon doesnt suck....
viewtopic.php?f=88&t=18142 | Swarm Developer

https://discord.gg/ChRfhB3 | AI-Development Server

How We All View Ladder
https://i.imgur.com/0CadeyB.png

Balance Team Crushed
https://i.imgur.com/dGsYCCp.png
Azraeel

Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 18 times
FAF User Name: Azraeelian-Angel

Postby biass » 28 Mar 2020, 08:01

Aeon sucks, and it sucks because games with aeon in it will always go the same way. You rush t2 to try and stop aurora, and aeon player goes gun to try and overcharge you out while he tries to win in t1/early t3. The only way you really solve that problem is by opening up aeon's options but you then face them potentially being a faction that is overpowered and without flaw. You would then need to nerf their strengths to compensate and then you're back at square one because you have a boring faction.

It's just a matter of enviroment. Aeon wasn't well loved when pre nerf harb rush was one of the most brutal moves in the game and everyone complains when faced with a body of water less than 40km^2 wide, which would otherwise allow aeon to have more options. Thus, Aeon is only really liked by lower rated players where such a linear gamestate is not relevant because it's more about who can stop overflowing their mass first. Trying to make some random balance suggestion you thought up in the space of a second isn't going to remedy the situation and neither is not providing replay examples or modding in these strange statistics to test on your own.

techmind_ wrote:And their 'wiggling' makes retreating them very hard

Aeon have such a strong t1 and the entire game is influenced by how strong they are that you need to play differently when you face them. the "wriggling" that you mention makes shooting aurora incredibly difficult in the hands of a semi competent player and if you're paying attention like you're supposed to, T1 arty will not be such a winning variable because you can dodge. I never thought I would see people say aeon t1 is underpowered but that is indeed the nature of the balance forums where your skill level is not displayed.

techmind_ wrote:lets cut the price for aurora by half, it will be still same 'diversity' but the faction suddenly will be the best choice for t1 stage.

I'm sorry but this is just stupid. Aurora is already tied for the cheapest t1 tank and is already the strongest by a considerable margin. In order to open up aeon, you would need to make the t1 stage WORSE so that going to t2 would be worth considering.

Azraeel wrote:I said it was all dumb because he basically wanted to remove Aeon diversity from the fucking game. Quit complaining about aeon being bad. Its not bad, its just not fucking simple faction like UEF. You can't send your tanks in blindly so you complain, because you have to pay attention. Wow so shitty. No your just shitty

Can we just age gate the forums please?
Map thread: https://bit.ly/2PBsa5H

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
biass
Contributor

Has liked: 598 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: biass

Postby nimb777 » 29 Mar 2020, 00:08

My reasoning is simple.
Only if everyone agreed that the leaderboards display that a faction is underplayed and underscored we would be spared of all the toxic comments here.
My guess is that all arguments get repetitive, with people that don't ladder Aeon only bringing up aeon diversity and the ususal aurora infinite micro fallacy.
I've never seen RL tanks that have their combat role in giving up territory, that was clearly an error that goes against balance.
If aurora is so good, lowering their range would only nerf it if that's the case.
Maybe we should make a poll where players that ladder with at least 200 games and 50% Aeon have the right to vote and ask for a rework or not.
It should be a only a few votes to poll, or at least people would have to play at least 100 games as Aeon and then have their opinions validated.
nimb777
Crusader

Been liked: 2 times

Postby advena » 29 Mar 2020, 00:29

UnorthodoxBox wrote:
LabPunk wrote:Maybe just don't play aeon.

Yea, no one really does play aeon, and that is his point. It probably would be healthy for gameplay to find a way to make aeon more viable to use, but it is kinda impossible to do without reducing faction diversity, which a lot of people are attached to.

As for me biggest Aeon weakness is (not) countering T1 land spam with T1-T2 tech
- Auroras are strong but have too many weaknesses. T1 arty, bombers, upgraded com, anything that can hit them first actually
Also you need specific skill to play with them good (which I don't have)
- T2 PD works aganist T2+ not T1
- T2 main tank obsidian wastes a lot of DPS and don't have neither speed nor range
- T2 hover tank looks promising but probably weak. Need to check
- Shields are good but... You cannot kill spam with shield :?

My suggestion is reduce Obsidian alpha to 320 (same as harbinger) and give it range. Paired with Blaze this should work. Probably
advena
Crusader

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: advena

Postby nimb777 » 29 Mar 2020, 00:38

As for me biggest Aeon weakness is (not) countering T1 land spam with T1-T2 tech

That's not your weakness. It's the game design that is faulty.
As soon as the tank numbers mount up they will eventually catch up with the auroras after a lot of retreat and kill them, only bringing Aeon frontlines way back and giving up terrain, bo's and reclaim.
nimb777
Crusader

Been liked: 2 times

Postby Deribus » 29 Mar 2020, 00:57

nimb777 wrote:My reasoning is simple.
Only if everyone agreed that the leaderboards display that a faction is underplayed and underscored we would be spared of all the toxic comments here.

Well step 1 would be linking what leaderboards you're referring to
Deribus

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 8 times
FAF User Name: Deribus

Postby nimb777 » 29 Mar 2020, 01:06

Well step 1 would be linking what leaderboards you're referring to
https://www.faforever.com/competitive/leaderboards/leagues
nimb777
Crusader