Repair mass cost

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Re: Repair mass cost

Postby MrTBSC » 15 Jan 2020, 20:42

Little Miss Murder wrote:Only if they're patrolling afaik?

On that note, can we give hives the ability to construct things commensurate with their tier? Kennels can do this, why not hives? Considering the fact that they have a limited range, it can't be oh pee, can it?

don´t realy understand why hives/kennels are exclusive to cybran/uef anyway ... like what do Aeon/phim have as compensation for that?

may as well help with engineerspam and the correlating pathingissues ..

as for giving them blueprints? ... i rather think they should only be able to assist/repair
MrTBSC

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 7 times
FAF User Name: Mr.TBSC

Postby Rikai » 16 Jan 2020, 16:33

MrTBSC wrote:don´t realy understand why hives/kennels are exclusive to cybran/uef anyway ... like what do Aeon/phim have as compensation for that?

Hives are inefficient anyways. Kennels even more so. For mass production of pretty much anything, use T3 engies instead.
Engies are only a problem if there is pathfinding to get in the way, but meh...
It sounds like asking for another turd in compensation, if the dog just pooped on the neighbor's doorstep.
Engineering stations are of very limited use.
Rikai

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 28 times
FAF User Name: Rikai

Postby LabPunk » 20 Jan 2020, 15:22

Massively reducing repair cost will make mantis op, for obvious reasons.

MrTBSC wrote:don´t realy understand why hives/kennels are exclusive to cybran/uef anyway ... like what do Aeon/phim have as compensation for that?

ARAS
LabPunk

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 11 times
FAF User Name: Marximum

Postby Little Miss Murder » 20 Jan 2020, 15:33

I lost a game yesterday because my engies were clogging my base and my ACU was stuck. Imo engie assitance in your core base should become a thing of the past (if you want) without having to worry about efficiency. Hives should at the very least match the equivalent mass and energy cost to build as the same tier engineer.
Little Miss Murder

Has liked: 132 times
Been liked: 29 times
FAF User Name: Little Miss Murder

Postby Freedomfighter » 21 Jan 2020, 15:39

Sparky's can build and shoot at the same time... drop 6 sparkys in you opponents base and then set them on assist and then watch them kill everything whilst repping each other.
Freedomfighter

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 31 times
FAF User Name: Freedom_

Postby UnorthodoxBox » 22 Jan 2020, 07:02

Freedomfighter wrote:Sparky's can build and shoot at the same time... drop 6 sparkys in you opponents base and then set them on assist and then watch them kill everything whilst repping each other.

Building t1 pd and shooting is much better than repairing and shooting considering it takes 3 seconds to make t1 pd with that many sparkys, and 1 t1 pd has about the same dps as 6 sparkys. I highly doubt this kind of change will have any effect on them.
UnorthodoxBox

Has liked: 131 times
Been liked: 54 times
FAF User Name: Box-

Postby Sovietpride » 07 Apr 2020, 10:43

Potentially get the modding whizzes to create a new building per faction that is like air staging, but for land instead?

I see this being an APM issue more than anything else.
Assuming i bring engineers to the front, having to them select out all the damaged units, then manually clicking on each of them to be patched up seems quite long winded. As opposed to current air system of click button and they'll eventually sort it out amongst themselves.
Sovietpride

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 109 times
FAF User Name: Sovietpride

Postby Bennis- » 16 May 2020, 00:30

Repair should be free or super cheap like 25% of real price so it's used at least sometimes. Like even with 50 percent cheaper when will repairing stuff ever really have an impact to the outcome of a game. It's a nice tryhard option for not yet APM capped beasts like yudi or peteric but for the mortal it's too low on the priority list to ever be executed.
Bennis-

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 30 times
FAF User Name: Bennis

Postby AdmiralZeech » 19 May 2020, 18:45

What if there was a "repair tower" structure at T2? Can be built on land or sea, is a somewhat expensive and fragile, but it auto-repairs everything in a small radius for zero / low cost? (One at a time, and still influenced by build time, so no instant T4 repairs.) More towers in an area won't stack repair rates, they just repair more units simultaneously.

If we're worried about it being spammable, then maybe make it T3 with a T3-like price tag.

It feels like "cheap repairs" is good for the game, but not something we want to give to any old unit with a nanolathe (eg. Mantis)

Having it be a structure at home base / firebase seems like a decent compromise.
AdmiralZeech
Priest

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 62 times

Postby R_Charger » 19 May 2020, 19:16

It would also be very helpful if you could select all damaged units in view. The GetHealth() and GetMaxHealth() functions are Sim only at the moment (I think) so you can't make a ui mod to select damaged units and move them somewhere safe for repair.
R_Charger

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 14 times
FAF User Name: Reckless_Charger

PreviousNext

Return to Balance Discussion