3709 feedback thread

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

3709 feedback thread

Postby JaggedAppliance » 16 Dec 2019, 21:29

Hello Commanders!

Today we released a new balance patch, patch 3709. Patchnotes can be found here: http://content.faforever.com/patchnotes/3709.html

The 2 main issues dealt with in this patch are the partial removal of the snipemode mechanic and the nerfing of the mongoose/shield combo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGoWIdhbk3w

~ The balance team
"and remember, u are a noob, u don’t have any rights to disagree" - Destructor

My Youtube channel with casts > https://www.youtube.com/c/jaggedappliance
My Twitch > https://www.twitch.tv/jaggedappliance
JaggedAppliance
Councillor - Balance

Has liked: 734 times
Been liked: 313 times
FAF User Name: JaggedAppliance

Re: 3709 feedback thread

Postby LabPunk » 16 Dec 2019, 22:36

I think most changes are good, does this mean advanced target priorities will be banned?

Think the wagner hp nerf is a shame, and it would benefit gameplay more to bring t2 float closer to regular t2 tank firepower instead.
Or even add actual diversity to t2 tanks,
blaze t2 aurora -> range 32, speed -> 2.2
Yenzine aoe weapon
kind of things.
T2 is already near dead on team games, so it would be nice if it were zhuzh-ed up, as long as static shields and pd won't be nerfed.
LabPunk

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 11 times
FAF User Name: Marximum

Postby JaggedAppliance » 16 Dec 2019, 22:39

No that mod won't be banned and it should be noted that it's not possible to use ui mods to get ACU target priority back.
"and remember, u are a noob, u don’t have any rights to disagree" - Destructor

My Youtube channel with casts > https://www.youtube.com/c/jaggedappliance
My Twitch > https://www.twitch.tv/jaggedappliance
JaggedAppliance
Councillor - Balance

Has liked: 734 times
Been liked: 313 times
FAF User Name: JaggedAppliance

Postby mr_blastman » 16 Dec 2019, 22:59

The wagner nerf is ridiculous. They're already useless underwater with their abysmal DPS, so their only saving grace was their usefulness on land, but that was now nerfed.

Why do you hate the wagner so much? Cybran are dead if they're kicked out of the sea.
mr_blastman

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times
FAF User Name: Mr_Blastman

Postby Little Miss Murder » 16 Dec 2019, 23:16

Apparently the red is due to rust and Cybran are supposed to stay away from water.
Little Miss Murder

Has liked: 132 times
Been liked: 29 times
FAF User Name: Little Miss Murder

Postby keyser » 16 Dec 2019, 23:29

it wasn't written in the patchnotes, but the sonar nerf on frigates is a direct buff to wagner. Here we see our favourite cybran nation coming back to what it does best : sneaky gameplay !
Zockyzock:
VoR is the clan of upcoming top players now
keyser
Councillor - Game

Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 540 times
FAF User Name: keyser

Postby Wesmania » 17 Dec 2019, 00:05

Are there any plans for changes to beetles? They are apparently good versus t2 armies right now, but I hardly ever see them used.
Wesmania
Contributor

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 79 times
FAF User Name: MazorNoob

Postby keyser » 17 Dec 2019, 00:11

for now we keep the actual design (the buff will maybe make people use them). But other design have been already made for replacement in the case the unit still not get used. Several different kind of buff that have been talked about, and we coded some already.
Zockyzock:
VoR is the clan of upcoming top players now
keyser
Councillor - Game

Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 540 times
FAF User Name: keyser

Postby armacham01 » 17 Dec 2019, 00:25

Restore snipe mode. People who are fast clickers can still alternate between moving units in small groups and targeting the ACU. All you have done is taken one of the most fun parts of the game (killing an enemy ACU when you have your units in the right place) and turned it into a chore.

The wagner movement speed nerf makes sense but the hit points nerf does not. Wagners already had unfavorable dps/hp compared to rhinos, which made sense because of their nice speed. There's no need to make them even weaker. I often like to use wagners instead of rhinos because the trade-off was worth it. But now that is less feasible. I will have to re-evaluate whether it makes sense to use them. Certainly against T2 tanks they make less sense. Maybe they are still worth using against T1.
armacham01

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 109 times
FAF User Name: arma473

Postby Farmsletje » 17 Dec 2019, 00:36

armacham01 wrote:Restore snipe mode. People who are fast clickers can still alternate between moving units in small groups and targeting the ACU. All you have done is taken one of the most fun parts of the game (killing an enemy ACU when you have your units in the right place) and turned it into a chore.

yeah just ask around how fun snipemode on acu's was :imfine:
armacham01 wrote:The wagner movement speed nerf makes sense but the hit points nerf does not. Wagners already had unfavorable dps/hp compared to rhinos, which made sense because of their nice speed. There's no need to make them even weaker. I often like to use wagners instead of rhinos because the trade-off was worth it. But now that is less feasible. I will have to re-evaluate whether it makes sense to use them. Certainly against T2 tanks they make less sense. Maybe they are still worth using against T1.

Doesn't matter that wagners have unfavorable dps compared to rhino's. They are not a main tank, they are a raid unit and one of the most efficient ones in the game at that. The fact that you used them wrongly doesn't mean the change doesn't make sense.
FtXCommando wrote:
need to give him some time to blossom into an aids flower
Farmsletje
Contributor

Has liked: 383 times
Been liked: 452 times
FAF User Name: Farmsletje

Next

Return to Balance Discussion