3709 feedback thread

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Re: 3709 feedback thread

Postby Endranii » 20 Dec 2019, 21:30

So, I just realized but isn't sniper mode total cancer in teamgames? Especially in hands of players like me, who will kill and draw you at every chance if you are better asset to your team than me to mine? Like everyone who had a chance to play against me on setons mid or literally any other map will know how suicidal I'am with my acu use and that I will do everything I can do to bring down my opponent with me to the ctrl+k heaven if they are just 200 rating higher than me.

In teamgames it already was beneficial to just draw your opponent and let higher rated people take the reign of your eco, be it setons or any other map.
Me drawing Foley/Adjux/Yudi or nexus on middle was always preferable from statistic point of view than me trying to go toe to toe in later eco war after we both estabilished foothold on middle. I could do it by microing my units before to focus on acu, and I had to do it constantly. But now everyone one can just get priority on acu without need to get attack orders on it and make sure units stay there? Tbh I don't see how it's promoting healthy state of the game. Giving everyone a "I will draw you" button seems really stupid for the health of acu centric gameplay that I think we should try to preserve? Like otherwise we can just go and add a "Operation centre" building in the middle of spawn point and remove acu all together rather than leaving it as glorified buffed up engineer who will never go and leave base due to how easy it's now to draw.
Endranii

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 50 times
FAF User Name: Empty_Spot

Postby Armmagedon » 21 Dec 2019, 15:54

everysingle game now is make gun com and run into enemy base pretty nice gameplay
Armmagedon

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times
FAF User Name: ARMMAGEDON

Postby FtXCommando » 21 Dec 2019, 16:22

So much for snipe mod not changing the game in any tangible way.
Are you upset? Are you happy? Are you a FAF Player? Come to the PC Discord and share your thoughts and build the community!

https://discord.gg/Y2dGU8X
FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 583 times
FAF User Name: FtXCommando

Postby Ithilis_Quo » 21 Dec 2019, 18:29

Yeah it just make the game more stupid, units unable to act as needed and game more frustrated, while when gun acu surprise you, you know you are dead.

I dont know, but i won like 5 games in a row with this stupid easy strategy, that will never work that well if enemy units can shoot me, istad of some trash that i get only for foolish enemy units. So yeah thanks for much more deeper gameplay and intellectual season to run my guncom jast into middle of enemy base :D. And not even talk about how is UEF nano crazy OP again...
"Fixed in Equilibrium" Washy
Ithilis_Quo
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 395 times
Been liked: 181 times
FAF User Name: Ithilis

Postby Armmagedon » 21 Dec 2019, 19:42

FtXCommando wrote:So much for snipe mod not changing the game in any tangible way.

just see that game without snipemod

what a surprise its exactly a game like with snipe mode

just with units that cannot aim a com if i want them to aim it
Armmagedon

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times
FAF User Name: ARMMAGEDON

Postby TheKoopa » 21 Dec 2019, 20:18

Armmagedon wrote:everysingle game now is make gun com and run into enemy base pretty nice gameplay

it was pretty much already like this
Feather: I am usually pretty good in judging people's abilities, intelligence and motives

Evildrew: Just because I didnt choose you for my team last year doesnt give you the right to be all bitchy and negative about my proposal
TheKoopa
Contributor

Has liked: 172 times
Been liked: 225 times
FAF User Name: Gently-

Postby Ithilis_Quo » 22 Dec 2019, 03:03

btw, when proper targeting and shift g combination is "too boring and non-insteresting gameplay, to... play, and... watch" .Then why not prohib shift g, so the player will not be able to tell units where he wants them to be, instead of not be able to tell them to shoot what he wants then to shoot?

Why this and not that, or why not both?

Imagine how much less "There is n-ooooo... i mean the... decision.... making is not exactly deep...... interesting, fun to watch, its only actually for wining, not to play well." will be in game, when both will be prohibited!

Becasue this mainly judi game loks very stupid to me.. whiteout shit g block they can dance and avoid acu maybe even for today.
Ithilis_Quo
Supreme Commander

Postby keyser » 22 Dec 2019, 13:15

well shift g for blocking com is definitely an issue. But removing shift g all together will lead to people not being able to solve their pathfinding issue (in general, not when they want to attack the com). So it introduce more side effect than removing the snipe mod for this special use case. As i remind you that we didn't remove snipe mod all together but only for a special use case.
Other idea can be to leave shift g and ban people blocking com with it. But they it become messy. Better find an alternative to that.
Zockyzock:
VoR is the clan of upcoming top players now
keyser
Councillor - Game

Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 540 times
FAF User Name: keyser

Postby Ithilis_Quo » 22 Dec 2019, 16:17

keyser wrote:Other idea can be to leave shift g and ban people blocking com with it. But they it become messy.

So yeah, better ban them. Also, there is another similar issue that leads to different gameplay that this 3-4 people who decide for this "balance" shit want from players to play. (And by the way this have nothing to do with balance, its ui think that put out contrel over game from players, not balance.)

There is a crucial issue, for example when someone decides that instead of reclaim lets say in hilly/wonder/canis rather attack enemy acu ! Can you imagine that? proper gameplay is just reclaim and peacefully go back after. But some people desire to attact them theoretical kill them. What has nothing to do with proper gameplay its "actually only about winning, not playing well".
Then oh also there are people who decide trade own life for some enemy player and let's say auto-destruct own acu to destroy the enemy with him. People wait 20 minutes in the lobby and someone kill them this meshy way, that is only about winning and nothing else, yeah its super dump strategy. This people should be also banned, because someone don't like this gameplay?
Or should there be some mechanism that prohib this behaviour? For example, probih autodestruct if is in the range enemy acu with less as 2500hp. yeah that will solve it, but "not prohib auto destruction completely". Another issue, when team together build gun on some acu in, lets say minute 3. And this player then kill 3 of enemy team while they have nothing to against. Should be people who contribute on this also banned, and will be replay checked if someone send resource, because its "only about wining, not play well" strategy ? Should be german fotbal team baned as well, becasue instead of brazil play ugly futbal that is only about wining?

What is difference ?

Its same principle and same reason, that someone in charge dont like some type of gameplay. Its arbitrary decision about how should other players play, because they dont like some way how someone can play. Nothing else nothing more.
Ithilis_Quo
Supreme Commander

Postby FtXCommando » 22 Dec 2019, 16:33

This argument makes zero sense. All balance discussions are about people trying to shift how people play into doing other things. If we had a 15k acu explosion nuke, all games would end in lower rated players walking into higher rated player ACUs. You change it to something less extreme. Now the balance team has made an arbitrary decision to change a value because they felt the meta was unhealthy for good gameplay.

The people here acting like you can Ben Shapiro facts & logic make FAF balance off of o b j e c t i v i t y are delusional and don’t understand the definition of the word.

You have PRINCIPLES and IDEALS about balance that you weigh differently than others do. This does not make you a beacon of reason and enlightenment and others arbitrary barbarians.
Are you upset? Are you happy? Are you a FAF Player? Come to the PC Discord and share your thoughts and build the community!

https://discord.gg/Y2dGU8X
FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 583 times
FAF User Name: FtXCommando

PreviousNext

Return to Balance Discussion