3709 feedback thread

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Re: 3709 feedback thread

Postby Rikai » 19 Dec 2019, 11:51

To me it feels wrong to not being able to specify which units attack which target.

Im not a good player at all (1040 ladder rating). Is it really THAT bad to have snipemode?
For me it always feels as if using snipemode is suicide because the targeted ACU will just tank all the shit, while his units shoot the attacking units dead and overwhelm the snipe-attempting player.
Using snipemode to me feels like focussing the tank: enemy dps wont get lower. It is a risky gamble.
The more I think about it, the more in favor of reverting i become.
Rikai

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 28 times
FAF User Name: Rikai

Postby Armmagedon » 19 Dec 2019, 13:01

Tagada wrote:Beacuse people adapt and play differently because of snipe mode.
AND PLEASE stop comparing killing an ACU with t1 tanks in t1 stage where you build nearly ONLY T1 TANKS to a fricking air snipe or tml snipe. THESE ARE COMPLETLY DIFFERENT things. The point is that gameplay on 5x5 and 10x10 maps became insanely bad and boring bcs of snipe mode. Instead of a nice unit + Acu micro and sending units to raid you have to send nearly everything to your acu to avoid getting killed by snipe mode

How you know that maps are insanely bad and boring because of that?, for me 5x5 were shit from long time ago, before snipemod? and have or dont have it makes no difference but thats are opinions maybe ppl that normally win that games like them and have fun with that shit

did you see replays before and after the snipemod and compared them? or is just your subjetive perception?

I think if i ask different ppl what they think they will say that snipe mod make the game worst or better, but for change it i need facts not opinions, and facts arent build with perceptions they are build with data, my bro, me and other ladders players say one thing and you guys say other, im founding a lot of ppl too in games that are against that change.

The thing is that i dont see the things that you guys see when you want to justify that, like game being gamble, with ppl going all into draws and that, i dont think anyone took the time to compare games before and after snipemod, you just were guided from perception.
I dont know what method you choose but ill like to know that stuff

That strategy of send everything on the ACU was something that happened a lot too without snipemod, maybe with it is a little bit more effective, but is more risky for sure too
Armmagedon

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times
FAF User Name: ARMMAGEDON

Postby FtXCommando » 19 Dec 2019, 13:31

Data-built FAF:
- Ladder pool consists of 85% 5x5s
- The other maps are varieties of astro
- Cybran get nano upgrade for mid game survivability
- ML nerfed cuz too op
- Client never touched since 2015 cuz all resources pooled into GW
- GW not finished because it needs client work
- Probably demand a client written in a language where we have zero devs willing to use the language
- Monthly community funded astro tournaments

Finally. A data reached utopia.
Are you upset? Are you happy? Are you a FAF Player? Come to the PC Discord and share your thoughts and build the community!

https://discord.gg/Y2dGU8X
FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 583 times
FAF User Name: FtXCommando

Postby biass » 19 Dec 2019, 13:35

Armmagedon wrote:but for change it i need facts not opinions, and facts arent build with perceptions they are build with data

It's cool to make the play for Intellectual superiority or whatever -

Armmagedon wrote:im founding a lot of ppl too in games that are against that change

- but don't try and shove in ancedotal evidence at the end if you do.

It's fun to post replays and then spend hours claiming they work towards your favor because of circular reasoning or something but in the end unless you actually define what counts as a snipemode kill beforehand: you're not helping anyone.

I'm personally happy that snipe mode is gone because I don't think that sort of gameplay is very fun. Same with old aurora nerf :imfine:
Map thread: https://bit.ly/2PBsa5H

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
biass
Contributor

Has liked: 598 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: biass

Postby Wesmania » 19 Dec 2019, 14:51

FtXCommando wrote:- Probably demand a client written in a language where we have zero devs willing to use the language

Relax. There was never a massive backlash against the java client, and it's off-topic anyway.
Wesmania
Contributor

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 79 times
FAF User Name: MazorNoob

Postby Armmagedon » 19 Dec 2019, 16:19

biass wrote:
Armmagedon wrote:but for change it i need facts not opinions, and facts arent build with perceptions they are build with data

It's cool to make the play for Intellectual superiority or whatever -

Armmagedon wrote:im founding a lot of ppl too in games that are against that change

- but don't try and shove in ancedotal evidence at the end if you do.

It's fun to post replays and then spend hours claiming they work towards your favor because of circular reasoning or something but in the end unless you actually define what counts as a snipemode kill beforehand: you're not helping anyone.

I'm personally happy that snipe mode is gone because I don't think that sort of gameplay is very fun. Same with old aurora nerf :imfine:

man im not saying that snipe mod doesnt have some impact although a light one i think, we should discuss if it makes the gameplay worst or better, and i need balance team to justify that with data because everyone can have an opinion and each one of us have one.

A snipemode kill is not somethign bad by itself under my point of view

about the intellectual superiority stuff you said i dont understand what you want to say wit it

Thats an opinion and i respect it but i dont share it

Data-built FAF:
- Ladder pool consists of 85% 5x5s
- The other maps are varieties of astro
- Cybran get nano upgrade for mid game survivability
- ML nerfed cuz too op
- Client never touched since 2015 cuz all resources pooled into GW
- GW not finished because it needs client work
- Probably demand a client written in a language where we have zero devs willing to use the language
- Monthly community funded astro tournaments

Finally. A data reached utopia.

What the f***, What does that have to do with my post?
Im just asking balance team what was their method for decide to change the snipe mod, if they used data or something, cause if they just used the opinion of some players im totally against that way of balancing.

And that weird stuff that you claimed like game builded by data is total bullshit, cause that things that you claimed would be the game if it was based by the OPINION of the majority. if you want to balance for the complexity and fun for actual gamers that take this in a more serious way you cannot just hear ppl that dont play in that way
Armmagedon

Postby Tagada » 19 Dec 2019, 21:41

I have no idea how you want to decide upon snipemode by using some data. Like what data you would like to even be looked upon? Cause you can't do some number crunching like for unit stats. It's a game mechanic so it's subjective, and if you take top 25 ladder players you problably won't find more then 5 that will say that snipemode improved gameplay and it's balanced, the only high rated ladder players I know that aprove the snipemode is Thomas, Espi and Isen.
Also could you please do the test i told about?
Acu + X units vs Acu + X + 5 units ( X can problably be around 50+ to work but not sure) and player with less units ctr shift g snipemode into 2nd guy and like 1 sec after unit movement the second guy tries to defend.
If the 1st guy can win or even have a draw but with mininal hp diff then it clearly shows smth is not right.
Btw I would do the test but I am in a hospital so I can't. I leave that up to you
Tagada

Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 18 times
FAF User Name: WhoIsThisNoob

Postby armacham01 » 19 Dec 2019, 22:20

If you gave the ACU stomp damage on t1 land units, but only a tiny amount of damage (and of course, no friendly fire damage, so the point is you can "stomp" your own units and enemy units so you don't get blocked) then ACUs would be less vulnerable to land spam snipes? Even if t2 units can block, it would be possible to walk through a mixed t1/t2 army. Would this be a useful addition?
armacham01

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 109 times
FAF User Name: arma473

Postby LabPunk » 19 Dec 2019, 22:25

You know, I approve of removing snipe mode if it reduces ACU centric gameplay, but it's not the greatest impediment in team games is it? That is mercies.
LabPunk

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 11 times
FAF User Name: Marximum

Postby Armmagedon » 19 Dec 2019, 23:33

I have no idea how you want to decide upon snipemode by using some data

its just compare some replays before and after snipemod and see how the gameplay changed, how ppl use different tactic because of it. Because i think that super change in gameplay just because the snipemod isnt real.

if you take top 25 ladder players you problably won't find more then 5 that will say that snipemode improved gameplay and it's balanced, the only high rated ladder players I know that aprove the snipemode is Thomas, Espi and Isen.

i know some that have different opinions about it ZLO said that he dont know if is good or bad.

Acu + X units vs Acu + X + 5 units ( X can problably be around 50+ to work but not sure) and player with less units ctr shift g snipemode into 2nd guy and like 1 sec after unit movement the second guy tries to defend.
If the 1st guy can win or even have a draw but with mininal hp diff then it clearly shows smth is not right.

i dont think the same, with that quantitys of units and no snipe mod the one with less unit can win the battle if he micro well, why thats a clear sign that snipemod isnt right?, anyway i cannot test it neither, snipemod is removed, if it was still there i could test
Armmagedon

PreviousNext

Return to Balance Discussion