3500 ---> 3200
Wagner
HP 1450 ---> 1200
do not touch underwater speed
Blaze
Mass cost: 220 → 200
do not rush so much to improve

Wailer and Broadsword
Can't you just improve Restorer ? Not break the rest of the gunships.

You're messing with the specs too much. A good example of the mongoose in the last patch and the mongoose in this patch.
Move the sliders more smoothly and in one thing.
Waterfall

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Waterfall

Re: 3709 feedback thread

Postby ZeRen » 17 Dec 2019, 16:48

Wagner..... :roll: just...another nerf to cyb´s already shitty midgame...so... Hoplite nerf in next patch?

what about nerf Wagner and give Rhino back the current Cerb´s fire beam-shell? so it truly never miss and suck less?

nah, just like Cyb´s ACU, mazer nerf with no compenzation, I think you could just remove Cyb´s ACU and let Cyb spawn with 2x T1 engy, after 6 min of the game you would not see the diference
--------------
Blaze ok change
-------------
Sera sonar I like it
-------------
Fire beetle.....what to say? only reason to use beetle now is to troll

what about make it T2 eco snipe tool? when Cyb´s trans and t1 arty suck for drops
ZeRen
Evaluator

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 49 times
FAF User Name: ZeRen

Postby Armmagedon » 17 Dec 2019, 18:51

i cant understand why the sniperMod was nerfed, you must be able to snipe with air but you cant snipe with land?, the good thing about supcom is that you have a lot of automatizated stuff and then you can do more multiple things, anything that make us have to micro more i think is a bad thing, in the post you say is detrimental to game play but thats bullshit, thats the same mechanich than a normal ghetto snipe or any other snipe, tml or anything, if you dont want to be sniped you just need to know how is the state of the game, scout a bit and use radars, nerf it is just make our units not be able to do something that should be super easy to do, just aim what i want you to aim.

i think is totally stupid, if you dont want that, just make supremacy standard or not play assasination, but dont make units dumber, they do enough shit just with pathfinding
Armmagedon

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times
FAF User Name: ARMMAGEDON

Postby Morax » 17 Dec 2019, 19:37

Armmagedon wrote:i cant understand why the sniperMod was nerfed, you must be able to snipe with air but you cant snipe with land?, the good thing about supcom is that you have a lot of automatizated stuff and then you can do more multiple things, anything that make us have to micro more i think is a bad thing

The ability, or lack thereof, to micro is a substantial factor in what distinguishes a better player.

If you start to falter because a modification does not help you accomplish a goal, that is something you deserve. It's a "real-time" strategy game, not "click and watch the game do for you."

I quit playing 1v1 for a long time because of how easy it was to kill aggressive plays.
Maps and Modifications Councilor

M&M Discord Channel

Come join us and help create content with the artists of FAF.
Morax
Councillor - Maps and Mods

Has liked: 1167 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: Morax

Postby Ithilis_Quo » 17 Dec 2019, 19:54

Armmagedon wrote: if you dont want to be sniped you just need to know how is the state of the game, scout a bit and use radars, nerf it is just make our units not be able to do something that should be super easy to do, just aim what i want you to aim.

this.

What this make is basically acu get special super low priority and is hit all-time last. What is exactly opposite what player wants, and that is damage acu first.
Making units act opposite as player want, and making them dumber only say that author of this idea must be dump enough to come with something that infinitely stupid.

There is no reason why i should not be able to normaly target ACU by some specific units. This is not kind of game where some as that should exist. If units will have proper pathfinding, and proper attack move then this will not be any problem, but while land and naval units lose all commands after move command, then this is a crucial problem and adjustable target priority only fix kind of bug that this game have. Abuse bug and call it feauture is 80s level development....
"Fixed in Equilibrium" Washy
Ithilis_Quo
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 395 times
Been liked: 181 times
FAF User Name: Ithilis

Postby Farmsletje » 17 Dec 2019, 21:22

The reason behind the snipemode edit is simple. Since its introduction the average quality of 1v1 games have diminished by a lot and most top 1v1 players can confirm this. Even with a 2 to 1 tank advantage the player with 2 times as many tanks could still lose simply because a shift g + snipemode combination. This led to 1v1 games being plagued with snipemode all in's in either the t1 or t2 stage. If it works the game ends, if it fails the game often also ends because the player that tried the all in failed and has nothing left. Now you may disagree with this, but i and many others would call this gameplay extremely uninteresting and boring. It also felt like snipemode allin's were a braindead tactic: Just shift g and click snipemode and hope you're lucky enough to get a free acu kill.

The "Just don't play risky if you don't want to get snipemoded" argument means that an acu is almost impossible to use because it's incredible easy to pull of a snipemode kill. Playing it safe would mean that in the average 1v1 game the amount of rambo acu's would be diminished by an insane amount and again this would lead to the gameplay becoming a lot more stale.

Snipemode has added better targetting priorities for every single unit and target. The loss of a tiny speck of that efficiency by removing snipemode on acu's in return for an expected better and more enjoyable gameplay is what the balance team decided on.
FtXCommando wrote:
need to give him some time to blossom into an aids flower
Farmsletje
Contributor

Has liked: 383 times
Been liked: 452 times
FAF User Name: Farmsletje

Postby nrook » 17 Dec 2019, 23:11

Why was the parashield hit harder than the asylum? Was it considered much better?

It would be awesome to have more detailed patch notes so I could see (for example) why t3 gunships got nerfed, rather than having to read this thread. But, balance team does a lot of work already so I understand if it's too much trouble.
nrook

Been liked: 3 times
FAF User Name: nrook

Postby Armmagedon » 18 Dec 2019, 00:29

Farmsletje wrote:The reason behind the snipemode edit is simple. Since its introduction the average quality of 1v1 games have diminished by a lot and most top 1v1 players can confirm this. Even with a 2 to 1 tank advantage the player with 2 times as many tanks could still lose simply because a shift g + snipemode combination. This led to 1v1 games being plagued with snipemode all in's in either the t1 or t2 stage. If it works the game ends, if it fails the game often also ends because the player that tried the all in failed and has nothing left. Now you may disagree with this, but i and many others would call this gameplay extremely uninteresting and boring. It also felt like snipemode allin's were a braindead tactic: Just shift g and click snipemode and hope you're lucky enough to get a free acu kill.

The "Just don't play risky if you don't want to get snipemoded" argument means that an acu is almost impossible to use because it's incredible easy to pull of a snipemode kill. Playing it safe would mean that in the average 1v1 game the amount of rambo acu's would be diminished by an insane amount and again this would lead to the gameplay becoming a lot more stale.

Snipemode has added better targetting priorities for every single unit and target. The loss of a tiny speck of that efficiency by removing snipemode on acu's in return for an expected better and more enjoyable gameplay is what the balance team decided on.

man, if the enemy can use snipe mode you can too, is just another tactic and something not imba or something, if you can make units do what you want they should, this is just make the game dumber cause some ppl just complain about something that they dont want to learn to use, that not snipe mode just make t2 super shit, vs coms they just OC everyhing while you have spam around and your t2 units just die

who is confirming that 1v1 games quality is worst with snipe mode? i dont believe that
i want arguments and that someone said that is better isnt one
Last edited by Armmagedon on 18 Dec 2019, 00:52, edited 4 times in total.
Armmagedon

Been liked: 5 times
FAF User Name: ARMMAGEDON

Postby relent0r » 18 Dec 2019, 00:35

Farmsletje wrote:The reason behind the snipemode edit is simple. Since its introduction the average quality of 1v1 games have diminished by a lot and most top 1v1 players can confirm this. Even with a 2 to 1 tank advantage the player with 2 times as many tanks could still lose simply because a shift g + snipemode combination. This led to 1v1 games being plagued with snipemode all in's in either the t1 or t2 stage. If it works the game ends, if it fails the game often also ends because the player that tried the all in failed and has nothing left. Now you may disagree with this, but i and many others would call this gameplay extremely uninteresting and boring. It also felt like snipemode allin's were a braindead tactic: Just shift g and click snipemode and hope you're lucky enough to get a free acu kill.

I'm happy with the change in that its fairly applied and can't be circumvented by UI mods. Might even see attempted lab snipes now :)
relent0r

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times
FAF User Name: relentless

Postby FtXCommando » 18 Dec 2019, 01:00

Armmagedon wrote:

man, if the enemy can use snipe mode you can too, is just another tactic and something not imba or something, if you can make units do what you want they should, this is just make the game dumber cause some ppl just complain about something that they dont want to learn to use, that not snipe mode just make t2 super shit, vs coms they just OC everyhing while you have spam around and your t2 units just die

who is confirming that 1v1 games quality is worst with snipe mode? i dont believe that
i want arguments and that someone said that is better isnt one

Who is confirming: literally anyone that streamed the first LotS qualifier or was in the LotS channel at the time. I didn’t hear a single dude say “you know what is super cool about these pepsi games? How I have no choice but to spam pure units and hope my spam kills his ACU before his spam kills mine!”

If I give every faction a 1 mass unit that has 5000k hp and 5000 dps at tech 1, would that be imbal or is it perfectly fine because every faction can make it? It’s called a clearly dominant strategy and when everyone is forced to use it, regardless of whether everyone has access to it, it is considered imbal.
Are you upset? Are you happy? Are you a FAF Player? Come to the PC Discord and share your thoughts and build the community!

https://discord.gg/Y2dGU8X
FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 583 times
FAF User Name: FtXCommando

PreviousNext

Return to Balance Discussion