3709 feedback thread

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Re: 3709 feedback thread

Postby Wesmania » 21 Jan 2020, 10:57

I'd gladly trade .1 mantis speed for a commander that doesn't get melted by 10 gunships unless you invest half a teleport into it.
Wesmania
Contributor

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 79 times
FAF User Name: MazorNoob

Postby Little Miss Murder » 21 Jan 2020, 12:38

Wesmania wrote:I'd gladly trade .1 mantis speed for a commander that doesn't get melted by 10 gunships unless you invest half a teleport into it.

How many flak is that...?
Little Miss Murder

Has liked: 132 times
Been liked: 29 times
FAF User Name: Little Miss Murder

Postby Wesmania » 21 Jan 2020, 12:44

Replace gunships with "anything that can deal 10k damage in the field" at leisure.
Wesmania
Contributor

Postby Azraeel » 22 Jan 2020, 00:42

@LittleMissMurder

You make anyone thats your rating look retarded congratz. Biass really good at proving the point of losing a game then coming to balance forums to rant about balance. You really feed them dont u.... :|
viewtopic.php?f=88&t=18142 | Swarm Developer

https://discord.gg/ChRfhB3 | AI-Development Server

How We All View Ladder
https://i.imgur.com/0CadeyB.png

Balance Team Crushed
https://i.imgur.com/dGsYCCp.png
Azraeel

Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 18 times
FAF User Name: Azraeelian-Angel

Postby UnorthodoxBox » 22 Jan 2020, 07:37

I wonder why the people who ask for a better cybran commander tend to only play cybran themselves. Playing against cybran, the commander is the ONLY thing that falls behind other factions. Mantis are currently the best t1 tanks, t1 arty stuns entire t2 armies, hoplites used to be better than mongeese (now they are comparable imo) and wagners are the best raiding units on water maps, rhinos are crushers while obsidians and ilshavohs are overcharge-magnets, bricks clap othuum and harb cheeks and match pretty evenly with percies, trebuchets ruin entire armies. There are so many good things about cybran, don't focus on the single thing cybran is weaker at.
UnorthodoxBox

Has liked: 131 times
Been liked: 54 times
FAF User Name: Box-

Postby Little Miss Murder » 22 Jan 2020, 09:17

Im not asking for moar powa. I'm asking for more shens using the ACU. To be clear, I'm not complaining about the nice things the Cyb acu has - I'm complaining that the cool stuff is mutex.

Ferinstance, a stealth tele t3 com would be amazing even without the mazer.

Azrael, shove it up your ass.
Little Miss Murder

Has liked: 132 times
Been liked: 29 times
FAF User Name: Little Miss Murder

Postby Rikai » 22 Jan 2020, 09:28

Little Miss Murder wrote:Telemazer is expensive and pretty much only a last-ditch gambit with little use throughout the game. Can we make it more accessible?
Try using Mazer with cloaking. Way cheaper than teleport und also gives much HP. Makes Mazer an actual weapon to fight with, instead of a suicidal snipe.
Rikai

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 28 times
FAF User Name: Rikai

Postby Wesmania » 22 Jan 2020, 10:07

"Way cheaper" is an overstatement, cloak costs half as much as tele. By the time you can afford it your opponent will have omni 95% of the time, so you can only really use it defensively, except against GCs. Defense like this only really works once anyway, since the next experimental push would just spam T3 air scouts.
Wesmania
Contributor

Postby Rikai » 22 Jan 2020, 10:27

I was assuming enemy has omni anyways. So I'm not talking about lasering the enemy base with it. That would be the same suicide as tele. And rightfully so.
Rikai

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 28 times
FAF User Name: Rikai

Postby Wesmania » 22 Jan 2020, 11:26

The only other scenario I can imagine then is fighting experimentals and T3 armies, and for that cloak + mazer is still inferior to any other factions. Sera can go double nano and either T3 or second gun, UEF has a good personal shield and can go gun/T3, Aeon has even better second shield and extra gun range. All three can support their ACUs with mobile shields, with that and extra support or static shields you can fight off some experimentals. Extra mazer DPS is not much of an issue since OC gets you enough of it, and you can support the ACU with a few units if you want to kill buildings.

Cybrans don't get to do all that as easily - cloak gives them a bit more HP than first Aeon shield for half a teleport cost, if they want more HP they need another faction's tech to make mobile shields or completely neuter their range to get t3 and make static shields. As stated, cloak is nice for the surprise factor against non-GC experimentals storming your base (assuming you don't get manually targeted), but once you try using the ACU in the field more offensively, it'll get neutralized by T3 scouts. In fact, it's a better investment to get yourself a cloaked sACU - you don't lose the game if you lose one of these, and at least you can send them off to grab reclaim or get under Fatboy shields if your opponent hasn't been paying attention to it for 2 minutes.
Wesmania
Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to Balance Discussion