Rhino/Obsidian buff? Also OC tweak

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Re: Rhino/Obsidian buff? Also OC tweak

Postby FtXCommando » 14 Nov 2019, 04:42

It's a complex game, people for the most part do not care about 20x20 or 10x10 in teamgames. What they are worried about are:
1) do I have a simple role?
2) do my teammates have a simple role?
3) Is having a bad player generally recoverable?
4) Does the map induce getting to the fun part of the game? (subjective, majority would say that is late t3-t4 stage).

Games similar to FAF (Zero-k) have the exact same problem in their custom lobbies, except to an even more extreme. They can do like 16v16(?) games and so most of their lobbies end up becoming that because, well, it makes the game simple, easy, and let's you quickly get to late game stuff because units are essentially pointless.

There's also a hosting economics question that comes into it with players rather joining a 7/8 game or an 8/8 game and begging the host to increase game size rather than creating a new 4v4 lobby. It's the easiest way for me in this scenario to get into a game as a player. This mainly relates to wonder hosts going from 4v4 -> 5v5 -> 6v6 -> 8v8. Certain maps have a "predefined" player quantity that doesn't adjust to this fluidity and that's mostly determined by community opinion I guess.

On the question of "Why do people not play bigger maps in 4v4" the answer is ultimately found in weighing the fun you would get from such a game with the possibility of it filling. And even if it does fill, most of those that would fill the game would just be garbage anyway. This leads you to the conclusion that you might as well as play a 10x10 where Sui dumping all mass into mantis and walking into enemy acu will at least have the off chance of being productive.

Or just wait for the weekend when you can ping enough people to get a good high rated 3v3 going on a nontraditional map.
Are you upset? Are you happy? Are you a FAF Player? Come to the PC Discord and share your thoughts and build the community!

https://discord.gg/Y2dGU8X
FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 583 times
FAF User Name: FtXCommando

Postby MrTBSC » 15 Nov 2019, 21:06

if possible on the model maybe raise the rhino´s turret so it fires less into ground on uneven terrain .... maybe slightly scale it up ?
MrTBSC

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 7 times
FAF User Name: Mr.TBSC

Postby advena » 15 Nov 2019, 23:43

I did some math about T2 tanks.

Taking Overkill in accout and ignoring first blow:

Aeon: <UEF >Cyb =Ser
UEF: >Aeon >Cyb <Ser
Cyb: <Aeon <UEF <Ser
Ser: =Aeon >UEF >Cyb

Serapim is winner :tada:
With first blow Aeon one will be best in 1 vs 1. Cybran stay worst.

If Rhino misses his shots (and it likely do) it is garbage (back to spamming mantis...)
Same for Cerberus (and it missed buildings when I last tested)
advena
Crusader

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: advena

Postby armacham01 » 16 Nov 2019, 00:06

If you don't like Rhinos, have you tried using Wagners? I like their speed and high alpha damage.
armacham01

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 109 times
FAF User Name: arma473

Postby advena » 16 Nov 2019, 01:36

OFFTOP
armacham01 wrote:If you don't like Rhinos, have you tried using Wagners? I like their speed and high alpha damage.

Wagner still looze to Rhino in straight battle. And it's best amphibian on land and since some last patch not that garbage in water, so it'll be nerfed.
/OFFTOP

I'd like to see Rhino and Cerberus fire something like weak Monkeylord lazer. No misses, no overkill, worst in class (but not garbage)
advena
Crusader

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: advena

Previous

Return to Balance Discussion