Aeon's enhanced quantum disruptor

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Aeon's enhanced quantum disruptor

Postby thecore » 22 Jun 2019, 02:50

Hi, This question is about aeon's enhanced quantum disruptor. I am finding that the gun upgrade has either a very short life span or is skipped altogether to get a T2 ACU.

Enhanced quantum disruptor cost
500 (-10) mass
15000(-300) energy
50 seconds

ACU T2 cost
800 (-8) mass
21000(-210) energy
1:40

Difference of
300 mass
6000 energy
50 seconds

The problem is once T2 point defence is up the ACU is out ranged and can no longer really push with the enhanced quantum disruptor.

It is quite a lot of resources to invest just to upgrade the ACU to T2 in a short time later.

Maybe the upgrade needs to be made cheaper (because of its very short life span)
250 mass
7500 energy
30 seconds

More discussion is needed and this is just a few ideas on making the enhanced quantum disruptor a bit more relevant.
thecore
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: thecore

Re: Aeon's enhanced quantum disruptor

Postby FtXCommando » 22 Jun 2019, 05:13

Why would you spend resources on range gun and then get rid of it for t2 pd? The life span of the upgrade can go as far up as t4 stage where aeon acu with shield+range+sensor can easy solo an ML.

Aeon gets the most gun acu range and the typical 2x dps which makes them superior to all other gun acus. Your cost suggestion would make it not only totally superior to all other faction gun acus on an ability perspective, but it would be cheaper than all of the other acus too.
Are you upset? Are you happy? Are you a FAF Player? Come to the PC Discord and share your thoughts and build the community!

https://discord.gg/Y2dGU8X
FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 583 times
FAF User Name: FtXCommando

Re: Aeon's enhanced quantum disruptor

Postby ThomasHiatt » 22 Jun 2019, 09:30

Aeon range gun is like the best ACU upgrade in the game. Why would you make T2 and spend thousands of mass making t2 pd's when you could be overcharging thousands of mass worth of units from out of range. I've probably played 1000+ ladder games as aeon and almost any time I made t2 over range gun I considered it a mistake.
ThomasHiatt

Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 110 times
FAF User Name: ThomasHiatt

Return to Balance Discussion