Patch 3704 Release Thread

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Re: Patch 3704 Release Thread

Postby UnorthodoxBox » 18 Jul 2019, 21:18

Wingflier wrote:It's really funny that half the community is complaining the new Scathis is too OP and half of the community says it's shite now :lol:

The way most people decide if something is op or if its shit is whether or not they have seen it work in game, and not based on the actual stats and all possible situations it could be used in. It gets countered by 1 t3 shield with a t2 shield under it wherever you need to protect something, but it destroys unshielded bases.
UnorthodoxBox

Has liked: 131 times
Been liked: 54 times
FAF User Name: Box-

Postby Farmsletje » 18 Jul 2019, 21:42

Please provide stats to prove your point
FtXCommando wrote:
need to give him some time to blossom into an aids flower
Farmsletje
Contributor

Has liked: 383 times
Been liked: 452 times
FAF User Name: Farmsletje

Postby UnorthodoxBox » 20 Jul 2019, 05:45

Can't, my leg hurts
UnorthodoxBox

Postby LabPunk » 20 Jul 2019, 16:22

When is air staging coming back to the build menu? :|
LabPunk

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 11 times
FAF User Name: Marximum

Postby keyser » 21 Jul 2019, 01:58

look at t1
Zockyzock:
VoR is the clan of upcoming top players now
keyser
Councillor - Game

Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 540 times
FAF User Name: keyser

Postby NapSpan » 22 Jul 2019, 14:54

UnorthodoxBox wrote:
Wingflier wrote:It's really funny that half the community is complaining the new Scathis is too OP and half of the community says it's shite now :lol:

The way most people decide if something is op or if its shit is whether or not they have seen it work in game, and not based on the actual stats and all possible situations it could be used in. It gets countered by 1 t3 shield with a t2 shield under it wherever you need to protect something, but it destroys unshielded bases.

That is it's problem, it should wreck shields with a continuous relentless pounding, not with a shitty salvo.
We built one yesterday and the change took us completely by surprise.
We have "Continentals" so moving shit around must be important.
NapSpan

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 61 times
FAF User Name: NapSpan

Postby UnorthodoxBox » 31 Jul 2019, 22:48

NapSpan wrote:
UnorthodoxBox wrote:

That is it's problem, it should wreck shields with a continuous relentless pounding, not with a shitty salvo.
We built one yesterday and the change took us completely by surprise.

When the scathis had the old design, I never once saw it used in a game seriously, it was only used as a "I can easily end the game right now, but I would rather build this scathis" meme. Now, I see it used somewhat often in games that get to the game ender stage. I would say going from 0 practical usage by anyone, to somewhat common usage in the endgame, is much better, and justifies the change.
UnorthodoxBox

Postby Umenyalapkee » 07 Aug 2019, 21:50

UnorthodoxBox wrote:When the scathis had the old design, I never once saw it used in a game seriously, it was only used as a "I can easily end the game right now, but I would rather build this scathis" meme. Now, I see it used somewhat often in games that get to the game ender stage. I would say going from 0 practical usage by anyone, to somewhat common usage in the endgame, is much better, and justifies the change.

Like I see, now it's used like a "bad Mavor". Its maybe fine btw, but... Trere a problem. Cybran has Brick and Brick is basicly "bad Percival". Brick spam will lose to Perci spam. But its fine, because Сybran have Loyalist's, ML and Mega. Loyalist's can conter a few Percival's, and ML can figt Perci if tney not in critmass, Megalith can conter Perci spam. But Fatboy + Perci good to conter Mega. That what balance is. Units have synergy. Perci's defend Fatboy from charging Loyalist's or ML, Fatboy defend Perci's from Mega, and do not let kite them.
Loyalist's and Brick's can defend Mega and ML from Zthuee spam, for another example. Single Monkey will drown in Zthuee, but with Loyalist's - it's most likely not going to happen.
In t3 arty and gameender stage also is synergy. Mavor have good synergy with a Nuke, because it can snipe SMD's, with Novax, because Novax can kill shild's that Mavor put down, and Novax can replase air scout's, and give intel for Mavor snipes. Shild SACU also good for defend, Mavor or t3 arty fron eneny arty.
Aeon Paragon has synergy with Salvation because of it lover buildtime, or SACU telesacrifice, (and also hives that Aeon did't have xD) Salvation like Mavor, have synergy with the Eye that gives Intel, and nuke, because SMD is a target that can run away.
Even a Seraphim have singergy, because they have better teleSACU, t4 bomber or even Chicken, for take out SMD's even by suiside. That somekind of singergy for nuke and Yolona. Yolona also have a little singergy wiith Nuke, because it can help overhelm SMD's a little faster.
So, my quiestion is - what synergy Scathis have in Cybran tech? There not Cybran unit at any tech level that get any benefits from salvo to Yolo radius aroud enemy base.
If I have Mavor i can go nuke spam or Novax spam, if I have Yolo I can spam teleSACU or try to win air and drop Ahwassa, if I have Para - I can spam whatever I "@№;% want, but Salvations, GC, Tzars and Tempes''s will be just fine. If I have old Scathis, it can at least take out some fire bases or spam/exp (or at least make it pull back), so ML's/Mega and, or T3 spam can move on.
Now, if I buld Scathis, and it not win game by itself, (and it most likely not, if it not alreay a win) what else aside from another gameender wold be good to have to increase its effectiveness? Maybe Novax, but if you have UEF and Cybran tech, what you rather build. Mavor and Nuke, or Scathis and Novax? Not like some one cold give it any atenshion, but...

TL;DR - Mavor + Nuke and/or Novax >>> just (second) Mavor. Paragon + Salvations spam/GC,Tzar,Tempest spam/TeleGC/whatever you want >>> just (second, third
and more) Paragon, even Yolo + SMD snipe (that Sera have many way off) or/and nuke place where no SMD and them massive asalt > just (second) Yolo.
So it mast be "Scathis + some shit (and that better be Cybran shit) >>> just (second) Scathis". So what that shit is, that good to have along with new Scathis (not instead of it) Maybe I'm just so noob, that do not see obvious singergy that new Scathis have with some Cybran units, just like other gameenders, with uints or it's fractions, so please, balance team, be pantiet and explain it for me.
Umenyalapkee
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Umenyalapkee

Postby UnorthodoxBox » 08 Aug 2019, 02:48

Scathis only needs something like a disruptor if you are having trouble breaking a base, otherwise it is fine by itself. A unit does not need to be synergistic to be good. Comparing it to a mavor makes no sense, since a mavor has a single-point high damage projectile, and the scathis spreads out its damage over a large area. Even calling a brick a "bad percival" makes no sense, as bricks are better than percivals at doing most things, bricks have higher range, higher health, and do not waste 300dps when fighting lower tier units.
UnorthodoxBox

Postby Farmsletje » 08 Aug 2019, 03:27

percies have higher range
FtXCommando wrote:
need to give him some time to blossom into an aids flower
Farmsletje
Contributor

Has liked: 383 times