Patch 3704 Release Thread

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Re: Patch 3704 Release Thread

Postby keyser » 10 Sep 2019, 23:20

Endranii wrote:Your turn keyser.

i'm still waiting on your replay of the abuse, my dear. (and especially on the number of novax needed to perform this perma lock of the yolo ; because clearly 2 seems way to low to achieve it)

Although honestly I should just stop as clearly you have your own vision of how units are SUPPOSED to be used anyway.

well first you need to know that we made the novax killable and rebuildable by paying 10k mass (to prevent blocking yolo for free).
Then we fixed the lazer to not kill the nukes.
so if you can prove me you can abuse it by showing it being abuse in a game, then i will rethink of it. I haven't seen so far it being abused. in the case you prove it to me, i will then increase the mass cost of the sat. I'm definitely not removing the collision with the sat, because people like to keep collision in the game and also because i find it a good idea to give this option to UEF to counter nuke in an an-usual way.
Zockyzock:
VoR is the clan of upcoming top players now
keyser
Councillor - Game

Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 540 times
FAF User Name: keyser

Postby UnorthodoxBox » 10 Sep 2019, 23:53

You also have to ctrl k the novax at the right time because if its too early, the missile will pass right through it, and too late, the missile will fly right under it. Also the satellite falls much more randomly now it seems.
UnorthodoxBox

Has liked: 131 times
Been liked: 54 times
FAF User Name: Box-

Postby armacham01 » 11 Sep 2019, 00:35

UnorthodoxBox wrote:Also the satellite falls much more randomly now it seems.
Yes, that was a change in patch 3704. Which is, ironically, the original subject of this thread.

http://content.faforever.com/patchnotes/3704.html#Air
armacham01

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 109 times
FAF User Name: arma473

Postby Endranii » 11 Sep 2019, 00:48

UnorthodoxBox wrote:You also have to ctrl k the novax at the right time because if its too early, the missile will pass right through it, and too late, the missile will fly right under it. Also the satellite falls much more randomly now it seems.

You don't have to ctrlk it at all... I'm not saying to kill the whole enemy base by using ctrlk so nuke explode in lower stratosphere killing yolo but detonating nukes at highest point where all you have to literally do is just move the satelite, hold fire and wait for nuke...

Then we fixed the lazer to not kill the nukes.

You call it a fix, for me it's just lost flavour. Considering it was part of the game that every projectile could have been hit. But it doesn't matter.

i'm still waiting on your replay of the abuse, my dear. (and especially on the number of novax needed to perform this perma lock of the yolo ; because clearly 2 seems way to low to achieve it)

Okay I didn't count for the travel time on 20km map and deploy time. 4 is more than enough. Which still gives us way better Economy ratio compared to upkeep of 24 SMD.

Also I like how you are trying to make it into the scenario that is made to be the best one for all the possibilities when it requires more babysitting and teamplay but frees up some of your mass and grants ability to defend all your navy from Yolo.

And all cuz I said that you can stop Yolo and it's not the end of the game as someone else sugested here
Yolona Oss is truly a game ender tho. You'll blow through any amount of SMD with a yolona oss.
While all it takes is 8/9 SMD per base or 4 novaxes from the middle of Setons.

ok i reformulate, provide me a real game and not a sandbox where the condition i just said are covered

Sorry didn't happen, people are not gonna think of it when they can just spam mindlessly SMD and call it a day. The better option is here, but harder to pull off. And the replay you had clearly shows me blocking 10 nukes without trouble after making adjustments for the inertia of satelite(you need to issue one more move order on middle of the platform otherwise the satelite won't allign due to inertia)

Then calculate the cost in price.
Some tips, i guess you will already need at least 5 novax (180k mass) so that's already the price of the yolo in terms of mass. Then you add 10k per sat you lose, knowing that t

4 novaxes on midlane are enough to block yolona. So that is 104k mass in stations as you can factor in the cost of already built satelites as missiles.
That is still less than 24 smd's needed for defending 4 bases which is 180k mass without any missile ready for launch. You don't build novax in situation where want to protect just 1/2 bases as it's not where it should come, but in cases where you want to protect whole map from the threat. After all losing all those navy will hurt just as much as getting base deleted.
The upkeep for the 24 smds is gonna be a ton more than those novax stations. And it still won't cover everything you want.

And TBH why the hell are we discussing it when I clearly stated it that it can be a meme under impression that you can still beam the shit out of nukes.And only after getting to know that it got removed I recalculated for meme potential of just having satelites hover over the yolo which on paper is still the best option when you want to defend whole map not just one or 2 bases.

So let's just call it quits before you nerf it even more, after all it's not like you could have implemented other counterplay to novax than "make shields bruh".
Even more as you are stuck up in your opinions as the proper ones.
Endranii

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 50 times
FAF User Name: Empty_Spot

Previous

Return to Balance Discussion