https://i.imgur.com/dGsYCCp.png
Azraeel

Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 18 times
FAF User Name: Azraeelian-Angel

Re: Patch 3704 Release Thread

Postby keyser » 06 Sep 2019, 14:13

Faction Diversity Is Gone.

Its gone like i feel like every faction in a way are the same and theres no real point of chosing a faction for a specific thing. I believe faction should be wayyyy more Diverse honestly. In Terms of Stats, Units, Abilites, and etc. I mean yea Cybran has Stealth, UEF is Tanky, and Aeon is fast and raidy type faction. But Overrall Faction Diversity is gone in my opinion. :| This is the main topic i wanted to start on

^Share your opinion specifically on this one. I really wanna see what people think about this one cause i feel as if it is important we have diversity especially if 4 factions that are extremely different in though, reasons, and just lore.

not sure why you say it's gone. I don't have the feeling there was more faction diversity before.

also we will definitively not have the faction diversity like in starcraft, with 3 factions clearly different one from the other.

main focus of the balance team is to balance the game, we try to add faction diversity in the meantime, but this is clearly a secondary objective.
Zockyzock:
VoR is the clan of upcoming top players now
keyser
Councillor - Game

Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 540 times
FAF User Name: keyser

Postby Thomy100 » 06 Sep 2019, 20:14

UnorthodoxBox wrote:
T3 subhunters used to be a tool to gain sea supperiorit[/list]y and counter stuff like Tempest or Harms creep.

Other factions do not have t3 subs and they have 0 issues with those things.
You are thinking that t3 subs are supposed to be high-dps brawlers, but they are actually snipers, and should not be at the front lines.

Other factions have more tools like a t2 submarine or shield ships or counter int. ships, t3 missle ships, t4 naval experimental, t4 Land experimentals with powerful torpedo launchers, t3 torpedo ambushers and so on. Sera needs a strong t3 sub since it doesn't have any of that. But it looks like some people who got annoyed by them decided to nerf it to a mediocre overly expensensive submerged turd instead of adapting and figuring out how to deal with them and thereby reducing the strenght of Sera navy significantly. It would be better to have a relevant Sera Navy again at the cost of a slightly imba unit than having it like this. The other factions have enough options in naval warfare or stronger tools in other areas.

And how are they snipers? A sniper to me is something like the sniperbot. it shoots slow but very powerful from a long distance. The t3 subhunters (it's called subHUNTER not subSNIPER) shoots many but low damaging torpedos. To "snipe" anything you need to get close enough and shoot at it for a reasonably long time and hunt it down. you can't snipe stuff. there is nothing like "sniping" in naval warfare. These are ships, they have a lot of HP. This is clearly not the way the developers envisioned this unit to be used.

Hildegard wrote:
Aeon Exodus with its great torpedo and depth charge DPS? Yathsou is invulnerable.
Salems? Invulnerable.
Coopers? Invulnerable.
Barracudas? Vespers? Invulnerable.

What are you comparing? the higher range of the Yathsou against these units? yeah, it has a slightly longer range but that doesnt mean all these units above are free kills. No one is overlooking the range of the Yathsou, but what you seem to overlook here is there is no 1v1 situation between these units in lategame naval battles. it's big fleets vs big fleets with trop bombers in the sky, ground fires, shield boats etc. in this mix the Yathsou is not that intimidating. maybe you lose a couple of frigats or a destroyer before you manouver out of their range but in a full scale battle with 30 t2 subs in the mix which are, as you correctly pointed out faster than the Yathsou , their number shrink fast. and with how it is now, they are expensive to replace and don't have enough impact on the outcome of naval battles.
Thomy100
Crusader

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Thomy100

Postby FtXCommando » 06 Sep 2019, 21:03

Thomy100 wrote:
UnorthodoxBox wrote:
T3 subhunters used to be a tool to gain sea supperiorit[/list]y and counter stuff like Tempest or Harms creep.

Other factions do not have t3 subs and they have 0 issues with those things.
You are thinking that t3 subs are supposed to be high-dps brawlers, but they are actually snipers, and should not be at the front lines.

Other factions have more tools like a t2 submarine or shield ships or counter int. ships, t3 missle ships, t4 naval experimental, t4 Land experimentals with powerful torpedo launchers, t3 torpedo ambushers and so on.

my favorite tempest counters
Are you upset? Are you happy? Are you a FAF Player? Come to the PC Discord and share your thoughts and build the community!

https://discord.gg/Y2dGU8X
FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 583 times
FAF User Name: FtXCommando

Postby UnorthodoxBox » 06 Sep 2019, 21:05

And how are they snipers? A sniper to me is something like the sniperbot. it shoots slow but very powerful from a long distance. The t3 subhunters (it's called subHUNTER not subSNIPER) shoots many but low damaging torpedos .... it's big fleets vs big fleets with trop bombers in the sky, ground fires, shield boats etc. in this mix the Yathsou is not that intimidating. maybe you lose a couple of frigats or a destroyer before you manouver out of their range but in a full scale battle with 30 t2 subs in the mix which are, as you correctly pointed out faster than the Yathsou , their number shrink fast.

Ok you don't even understand what it means to use a unit as a "sniper" so there is no helping you. Hildegarde even explained it perfectly. You do not have a realistic idea of competitive game scenarios at all, and it is skewing your understanding of units.
Also one more thing, if there are torp bombers all over the place killing your t3 subs, why arent there torp bombers all over the place killing enemy t2 subs?
UnorthodoxBox

Has liked: 131 times
Been liked: 54 times
FAF User Name: Box-

Postby Thomy100 » 06 Sep 2019, 22:07

UnorthodoxBox wrote:
Ok you don't even understand what it means to use a unit as a "sniper" so there is no helping you.... You do not have a realistic idea of competitive game scenarios at all, and it is skewing your understanding of units.

Well, maybe there really is no helping me but I have a suggestion how to help you. In life and in the general way how to communicate with people. How about you shove your condescending bullshit up your ass. It will serve you well, trust me. Competitive scene? are you kidding me? and are you part of this competitive scene? are you proud about that? good for you. Well most people at this point play this game casually and in team games. so how about you do a reality check. Sniping is Sniping, maybe look it up in google. it means the same in every fuckin game so spare me your bs and adress the points I made or dont bother to answer.

This balancing comitee must be a real hoot. Is there any Sera main there? Maybe buff in the next patch the paragorn and the ravenger and give Scathis some more accuracy. While your at it nerf the Ilshavoh, god forbid Seraphim has any unit in any stage that is superior to the ones of original factions. People shouldnt complain because after all they are not in the competivie scene and have no Idea how to play anyway right?
Thomy100
Crusader

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Thomy100

Postby FtXCommando » 06 Sep 2019, 22:11

Phim is like 2nd best teamgame faction so if you are here to talk about that front I fail to see the concern? Double RAS, sniperbot, roided ACU, zthuee, strongest transports, good damage strat/gunship, floaty flak, best shields?

Also people on balance team climbed to 2100 maining phim on a balance patch where they were even worse.
Last edited by FtXCommando on 06 Sep 2019, 22:19, edited 2 times in total.
Are you upset? Are you happy? Are you a FAF Player? Come to the PC Discord and share your thoughts and build the community!

https://discord.gg/Y2dGU8X
FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 583 times
FAF User Name: FtXCommando

Postby Ze Dogfather » 06 Sep 2019, 22:16

Thomy100 wrote:
UnorthodoxBox wrote:
Ok you don't even understand what it means to use a unit as a "sniper" so there is no helping you.... You do not have a realistic idea of competitive game scenarios at all, and it is skewing your understanding of units.

Well, maybe there really is no helping me but I have a suggestion how to help you. In life and in the general way how to communicate with people. How about you shove your condescending bullshit up your ass. It will serve you well, trust me. Competitive scene? are you kidding me? and are you part of this competitive scene? are you proud about that? good for you. Well most people at this point play this game casually and in team games. so how about you do a reality check. Sniping is Sniping, maybe look it up in google. it means the same in every fuckin game so spare me your bs and adress the points I made or dont bother to answer.

This balancing comitee must be a real hoot. Is there any Sera main there? Maybe buff in the next patch the paragorn and the ravenger and give Scathis some more accuracy. While your at it nerf the Ilshavoh, god forbid Seraphim has any unit in any stage that is superior to the ones of original factions. People shouldnt complain because after all they are not in the competivie scene and have no Idea how to play anyway right?

And here is where the conversation ends; points have been made and clearly from the way you're speaking now, it's better off to leave it now than to fill the rest of this with salt and rage, if you cannot maintain your composure.

Seraphim has gained a lot over the years imo, as someone who loves and plays this faction, and while there are things that could use improvement, overall the faction is much stronger and better in the scene than they used to be. People do spend time getting good at the game and seeing what works and doesn't, and often this the topic of balance is explored at every level of gameplay, so I'm confident in what we can change in the balance, as well as the team behind it.
A m a z e
Ze Dogfather
Councillor - Promotion

Has liked: 159 times
Been liked: 51 times
FAF User Name: Dogfather

Postby Azraeel » 06 Sep 2019, 23:05

keyser wrote:
Faction Diversity Is Gone.

Its gone like i feel like every faction in a way are the same and theres no real point of chosing a faction for a specific thing. I believe faction should be wayyyy more Diverse honestly. In Terms of Stats, Units, Abilites, and etc. I mean yea Cybran has Stealth, UEF is Tanky, and Aeon is fast and raidy type faction. But Overrall Faction Diversity is gone in my opinion. :| This is the main topic i wanted to start on

^Share your opinion specifically on this one. I really wanna see what people think about this one cause i feel as if it is important we have diversity especially if 4 factions that are extremely different in though, reasons, and just lore.

not sure why you say it's gone. I don't have the feeling there was more faction diversity before.

also we will definitively not have the faction diversity like in starcraft, with 3 factions clearly different one from the other.

main focus of the balance team is to balance the game, we try to add faction diversity in the meantime, but this is clearly a secondary objective.

I really rather it be focused into Balance and competitive play rather then a side note
viewtopic.php?f=88&t=18142 | Swarm Developer

https://discord.gg/ChRfhB3 | AI-Development Server

How We All View Ladder
https://i.imgur.com/0CadeyB.png

Balance Team Crushed
Azraeel

Postby Azraeel » 06 Sep 2019, 23:08

Thomy100 wrote:
UnorthodoxBox wrote:

Your not helping anyone by insulting or being salty. It is about the competitive scene. You should respect those higher rated people because They have more knowledge...
viewtopic.php?f=88&t=18142 | Swarm Developer

https://discord.gg/ChRfhB3 | AI-Development Server

How We All View Ladder
https://i.imgur.com/0CadeyB.png

Balance Team Crushed
Azraeel

PreviousNext

Return to Balance Discussion